Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #7 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking (and hoping against it) that unless she gets more serious charges she may get her daughter back. Her case will be judged wholly on her and what she is specifically responsible for. I've seen so many kids given back to the people that have abused them that it makes me sick. I did PSI's (pre-sentence investigations) for the courts and they included recommendations on sentencing. I would see the medical reports and pictures that made me sick. To many times I recommended jail but the judges went by what CSP thinks. CSP's whole ideology is get the family back together. Part of the reason is so that the judge doesn't have to take responsibility and can blame CSP if things go wrong later. That said, as much as I emotionally hate the thought of SW getting her daughter back (and I know I will get blasted), if they truly thought she would be safe and ok, it would be best for the daughter. She has nothing left. I really don't know enough factually about what happened to know what is best. But my heart breaks for her.

Sorry, meant SM not SW

(I haven't read the entirety of this thread, so my apologies if the following has been widely discussed. I have followed the case somewhat, but not super closely, so I know a little but may be missing details.)

I have no added evidence to support the following, so if it is obviously absurd, please let me know what I have missed. It derives from the fact that afaik I know the generalities of this case, and the parental claims of what happened, and have heard the eventual revelation that the family went to eat while leaving Sherin at home.

But when I hear that, rather than try to figure out how that could have happened, and what that means to the timeline of how she might have been hurt and why, I keep coming back to one sticking point in my mind:

I simply can't imagine parents leaving home and leaving a toddler there unattended, to go eat.

That's not a "bad parent" response. It's a "no way that really happened" reaction.

Since it doesn't really add up to me, it makes me think that they left her because they knew there was no reason to keep an eye on her - because she was already been deceased at that point. Were the parents getting out of the house to digest the situation, so to speak, before dealing with it?

Of course, that changes a lot of the framework of who did what, and when, and why, and how, and muddles a lot of the possibilities into things very different.

But, I just don't see the parents leaving her like that. AND - very importantly - it is way too coincidental to me that they just "happened to" have gone out and left her at home, on the very night in which she was later have said to have died by accident. Supposedly odd behavior that supposedly PRECEDED the start of an accidental death situation? I'm thinking there's a very different reality instead, and that's the explanation that to me makes the most sense.

I totally agree, this is exactly how I've been thinking, and I suspect the lead-up to Sherin's death, if not her death, happened a lot earlier in the day, and the night was more likely the clean-up operation. But it would make a difference if this was a regular occurrence (to leave Sherin behind).

I think some members here would probably think that if they could leave a child home alone once, then they could do it more than once, and it's not unheard of for people to even go on holiday for a week or two and leave multiple children home alone!

But, I think several of us have mentioned and thought, it's very odd for a 3-yr old child to remain in the kitchen, and that suggests she was restrained, injured/sick, or already deceased. I suppose it's my personal bias coming out, I can't imagine leaving a child restrained or sick on her own, so I surmise she was already deceased and they wanted to get the elder child out of the home to eat because there was a dead child in the kitchen. Even if they moved the body, the 'taint' of what had happened would make it unpleasant to cook in the kitchen even if they had a dining room to eat in or took a plate to the lounge to eat. We also don't know if there was blood or vomit or other bodily fluids that needed cleaning up.

I do hope they won't reduce the bail. She hasn't been cooperating with police to a great extent to help them understand what was going on in that home. The timing of this incident of leaving a child alone is so close to the time of death that I think it warrants the higher bail to keep her inside. It's not like it happened months ago and less connected to the death of a child in a temporal sense.

From Maria:
‪BREAKING ‬
‪Richardson police detective on stand saying Sini Mathews is a flight risk. Detailing affidavit from pediatrician saying Sini asked for shot records for her biological child to "go to India" ‬

‪Sini's attorney Mitch Nolte grilling Richardson police detective on affidavit that states Sini asked for daughter's shot record because girl was going to go to family in India. But doesn't specifically say Sini said she was going to India too. ‬

Detective says he believes it's possible that Sini Mathews could try and buy a fake passport to leave the country. This reportedly happened before she was arrested.

From Maria:

Any indication about WHEN she asked about those records? Very curious development.

It does seem to indicate a flight risk, unless she planned to send bio child to India to live with family there??

jmopinion

From Maria:

It was never stated to the public at least that the bio child would be sent to relatives in India. Obviously we may just not have heard it but it's my understanding there is more than enough family here for them to not consider sending her to India. Sounds hinky to me. Flight risk. Anyway, flight risk or not, she doesn't deserve a reduced bail or to be released on bail. Just leave her in there.

From Maria:

Well nothing says “I’m guilty of some s***” like trying to fake documents to get your daughter out of the country... probably yourself as well.

This case really just keeps getting more and more messed up. Leading me to believe this was no accident.

JMO MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well nothing says “I’m guilty of some s***” like trying to fake documents to get your daughter out of the country... probably yourself as well.

This case really just keeps getting more and more messed up. Leading me to believe this was no accident.

JMO MOO

Perfect little Sini who was "just grieving" isn't so perfect now. Turns out her cold expression permanently on her face does tell a story.

Bond reduced

‪BREAKING ‬‪Sini Mathews bond reduced to $100k. ‬
‪Ordered on house arrest.‬
‪Already gave up passport. ‬

So you abandon your child while you and the rest of your "real" family go out to eat and then you refuse to cooperate with Law Enforcement that are trying to find your likely murdered child and bring justice for her and in return you get your bond reduced and more than likely get to go free and stay at your house with your family. How nice. What a nice reward.

Bond reduced

Wow. Well this is unfortunate. She gave up her passport great. What is going on with this case???? Can we get a COD?!? Can someone be charged with little Sherin’s murder? And where is all this money coming from? She would have had to shell out $10,000 right? And her husband $25,000? Shoot I barely have $100 to my name majority of the time.

JMO MOO

If able to make bond
Also an ankle monitor if she is released on bond

I know it's the damn law but why on earth would someone like that deserve bond. No, just stay there and wait for your trial so you can be handed your punishment. Sherin isn't off living her life so neither should she or he.

Wow. Well this is unfortunate. She gave up her passport great. What is going on with this case???? Can we get a COD?!? Can someone be charged with little Sherin’s murder? And where is all this money coming from? She would have had to shell out $10,000 right? And her husband $25,000? Shoot I barely have $100 to my name majority of the time.

They likely have equity in the house and some cash reserve, plus family members who might put up their house or provide cash. I think she might be able to make that bond.

jmopinion

A comment made earlier was she has a sibling who works for NASA. I don't think money has ever been an issue with these two. It makes me wonder why her relatives may have let her sit in jail this long. $250,000 doesn't seem like much, considering their family resources? JMO, MOO, I know diddly squat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member