GUILTY TX - Six family members killed in campsite attack, Anderson Co., 14 Nov 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just saw this. It may be a repeat, if so, please forgive:
------------------------------------------------------------

National News

The Latest: Family identifies 6 killed during camping trip

Posted November 17

PALESTINE, Texas — The latest on the slayings of six people at an East Texas campsite (all times local):
3:40 p.m.

Family members say the six people killed at a Texas campsite over the weekend were part of a blended family that had come from as far away as California for a weekend together.

Read more at http://www.wral.com/the-latest-sher...riended-victims/15115687/#DCeGg4BfVPyxX3h4.99

My God. How terribly, terribly, awful.

I'm hoping we'll find out a little more, but if he doesn't talk, who knoze? The survivor can't know much.

Motive?? We may never know.

This is a weird one, IMO. SMH.

The first pre-trail hearing for William Mitchell Hudson has been rescheduled. It was set for Friday; officials haven't released a new date for the hearing.

“I'm very disappointed that this hearing has been rescheduled,” said Carina Lujambio. “I don't think I'll be able to have any type of real closure, not until this is all over with.”
Lujambio is the mother of Nathan and Austin Kamp, and the former wife of Thomas Kamp, three of the victims in the Tennessee Colony campsite murders, where six individuals, including a 6-year-old boy, were murdered during a family camping weekend. Nov. 15, 2015.

It was announced in July that the pre-trial hearing was set for this Friday.

That hearing was cancelled on Monday, according to District Court Coordinator Tina Teetz.
http://www.palestineherald.com/news...cle_bd5b1280-6f25-11e6-a57f-a7b06119cd51.html

My brother and his wife were murdered over 19 inches of land. :(
I cannot imagine losing family members over something so trivial and stupid. I hope the court system gives the killer the maximum sentence the law will allow.
I lived in Palestine for about seven years, and I loved it there. The countryside is beautiful. I realize this occurred at Tennessee Colony, but I don't know anybody from there. This guy oughta fry!

Looked for updates in Palestine Herald Press, nothing since August

The last update I found was jury selection was set to begin 9/25/16. Nothing more recent.

Looks like the trial won't proceed until some time in 2017:

While there are not capital murder trials in the county every year, Johnston said the county tries to set aside some of these funds for future years when there could be. There are at least two such trials that could occur in 2017.

Included in the unfunded mandates for 2017 are two potential capital murder cases involving William Mitchell Hudson, who is charged with killing six people in Tennessee Colony earlier this year...

<snipped>

http://www.palestineherald.com/news...cle_92184030-9ca6-11e6-8113-0bd05146f702.html

William Mitchell Hudson will be back in court this week for his second pre-trial hearing.

For this hearing, scheduled for 10 a.m. on Wednesday, the defense will attempt to persuade presiding judge, the Honorable Mark Calhoon, to approve a &#8220;Change of Venue&#8221; for his trial in September 2017.

The defense also requested a competency hearing for Hudson, with a request sent to two doctors, to be considered during Wednesday's hearing.
http://www.palestineherald.com/news...cle_ed1deb12-c0d0-11e6-9d2c-d72b590478d7.html

Court proceedings in the Tennessee Colony murders
A year has passed since the Tennessee Colony campsite murders, where six individuals, including a 6-year-old boy, were murdered during a weekend family camping trip, yet the court proceedings are just beginning to ramp up into motion.

(...)

The next pre-trial hearing has been set for Jan. 23, 2017. Other dates for court proceeds that have been set include a pretrial hearing on May 22 and Aug. 28, jury selection on Sept. 25 with the trial to follow.

I can't imagine why they are dragging their heels on this one! Palestine has less than 30,000 people, and I don't think there has ever been an overload of serious cases ever!

DA to seek death penalty for Hudson
The Anderson County District Attorney will seek the death penalty in the trial of William Mitchell Hudson.According to court records, Allyson Mitchell filed a State of Notice to Seek the Death Penalty on Jan. 23.

The following day, Mitchell signed documents that stated the court has officially been moved to the city of Bryan in Brazos County for the change of venue that was approved by presiding judge, the honorable Mark Calhoon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back