TX - Six people shot at Houston strip mall; suspect dead, September 26, 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hear what you're saying, but is that all we have to offer someone feeling rage - seek mental health or grab a gun?

I think there is something far deeper and darker going on that as a culture we are ignoring. What leads to this rage in the first place? And how do we deal with frustration, disappointment, rage, anger, hurt, loneliness? Do we shun these emotions in others and tell them to see a doc and then duck for cover?

Did LE hit him the face - what is this identification stuff?

I absolutely do agree with most of the issues you have linked. However; see that is the problem about the terrorists statistics and how many they have really murdered and gravely injured. They conveniently go by the last decade because they are determined to remove the largest loss of casualties and injuries our country has ever sustained in its entire history due to Islamic terrorists. They conveniently sweep it under the rug as if all of these people never existed. Its misleading, purposefully done. IMO Plus the total of 24 is incorrect. Omitting all casualties or those injured by Islamic terrorists would be as nonsensical as totaling the amount of military people who have died or were injured in all of our wars and then conveniently omitting all of those who died/injuries in WWII from its grand total.

Each mass killing or attacks against a mass of people no matter the tool the suspect selected includes death of victims and includes all victims who also sustained injuries done to them by the same person or persons. Just like McVey when he killed over 165 people with a bomb. No one removes those victims like it never happened nor should they ever be removed from our history. Just the tally I put up this morning skyrockets the 24 figure you have listed, meaning it is totally misleading and incorrect. I can think of many more just off the top of my head even without searching for all the others who were attacked by Muslim terrorists here. Its not even close to 24 and hasn't been for years. Mateen alone killed and injured over one hundred individuals and others have murdered and maimed before him and after. The worst mass deaths and injuries Americans have ever received have been done by Islamic terrorists both foreign and homegrown Isis terrorists sympathizers.. The entire plan for most radical terrorists is not to murder a small group but to do their acts against massive amounts of victims. They would much rather do that than stabbing ten or so but sometimes opportunities doesn't allow them to do so or they have already been stopped by the FBI.

Now onto the other issues, I absolutely do agree with you. We have 80 citizens a day dying in this country due to vehicle accidents and injures are close to 5 million a year which most all of these accidents being preventable. In some states overdoses of drugs both illegal and prescription is now the number one cause of accidental death even beyond vehicle accidents now. Florida is one of those states.

Yet you are 100% right, no one seems to care about all that tremendous loss of life every year due to those two causes alone, and for some reason are obsessed on mass shootings instead even though those two things alone result in much higher rates of deaths than homicide deaths.

In fact our overall crime rate in America has steadily declined over the past 6 years. The only places homicides and other violent crimes are skyrocketing again are in the large inner cities where shootings by illegal firearm owners are shooting and killing or attempting to kill others on a daily basis.

However; I do disagree with you about Islamic terrorists. I have seen many seasoned high ranking military man say over the years 'a man who doesn't possess any fear will be a dead man, and his ignorance will cause others to die.' We have seen an uptick just in the last few years when it comes to radical terrorists both here and abroad.. We know they are plotting to kill us. The FBI has arrested hundreds in the past years who had such plans, so yes of course, we should always be apprehensive of Islamic terrorists who's main goal is to murder us in mass. God gives us emotions of fear so we can use our internal instinct in order to possibly detect danger if we should see it or be around it.

It seems this shooter was another one who placed blame on innocent others that had absolutely nothing to do with him. I did read in one of the articles that the police were familiar with him. I wonder if he had run ins with others where the police would have to be called?

Thanks for your reply, Cariis.

IMO throwing 3000 in the number totally skews everything. UGH had to take one course in Statistics, it was , after pre alegbra (!) the worst of my life .

We had awesome professor who totally knew that therpists are right brained and this aint our thing

I absolutely do agree with most of the issues you have linked. However; see that is the problem about the terrorists statistics and how many they have really murdered and gravely injured. They conveniently go by the last decade because they are determined to remove the largest loss of casualties and injuries our country has ever sustained in its entire history due to Islamic terrorists. They conveniently sweep it under the rug as if all of these people never existed. Its misleading, purposefully done. IMO Plus the total of 24 is incorrect. Omitting all casualties or those injured by Islamic terrorists would be as nonsensical as totaling the amount of military people who have died or were injured in all of our wars and then conveniently omitting all of those who died/injuries in WWII from its grand total.

Each mass killing or attacks against a mass of people no matter the tool the suspect selected includes death of victims and includes all victims who also sustained injuries done to them by the same person or persons. Just like McVey when he killed over 165 people with a bomb. No one removes those victims like it never happened nor should they ever be removed from our history. Just the tally I put up this morning skyrockets the 24 figure you have listed, meaning it is totally misleading and incorrect. I can think of many more just off the top of my head even without searching for all the others who were attacked by Muslim terrorists here. Its not even close to 24 and hasn't been for years. Mateen alone killed and injured over one hundred individuals and others have murdered and maimed before him and after. The worst mass deaths and injuries Americans have ever received have been done by Islamic terrorists both foreign and homegrown Isis terrorists sympathizers.. The entire plan for most radical terrorists is not to murder a small group but to do their acts against massive amounts of victims. They would much rather do that than stabbing ten or so but sometimes opportunities doesn't allow them to do so or they have already been stopped by the FBI.

Now onto the other issues, I absolutely do agree with you. We have 80 citizens a day dying in this country due to vehicle accidents and injures are close to 5 million a year which most all of these accidents being preventable. In some states overdoses of drugs both illegal and prescription is now the number one cause of accidental death even beyond vehicle accidents now. Florida is one of those states.

Yet you are 100% right, no one seems to care about all that tremendous loss of life every year due to those two causes alone, and for some reason are obsessed on mass shootings instead even though those two things alone result in much higher rates of deaths than homicide deaths.

In fact our overall crime rate in America has steadily declined over the past 6 years. The only places homicides and other violent crimes are skyrocketing again are in the large inner cities where shootings by illegal firearm owners are shooting and killing or attempting to kill others on a daily basis.

However; I do disagree with you about Islamic terrorists. I have seen many seasoned high ranking military man say over the years 'a man who doesn't possess any fear will be a dead man, and his ignorance will cause others to die.' We have seen an uptick just in the last few years when it comes to radical terrorists both here and abroad.. We know they are plotting to kill us. The FBI has arrested hundreds in the past years who had such plans, so yes of course, we should always be apprehensive of Islamic terrorists who's main goal is to murder us in mass. God gives us emotions of fear so we can use our internal instinct in order to possibly detect danger if we should see it or be around it.

It seems this shooter was another one who placed blame on innocent others that had absolutely nothing to do with him. I did read in one of the articles that the police were familiar with him. I wonder if he had run ins with others where the police would have to be called?

Thanks for your reply, Cariis.

TY for your reply !!

"more Nazi paraphernalia was found in his apartment."

Quote from the link above.

Oh. My .Lord.

ok guys lets get on it! Is it primalily a Jewsih community??

As a Jewish person I am allowed to aks it. There is a propensity , for affluent Jewish folks , to live in the same setting

Father and sisters homes are in jewish jewsih communities. But gotta realize , father is 97 - so he lived in the era.

I remember as a kid asking him , as a kid, why are Jewish people rich? He explained to me that is not accurate, but that a lot of Jewish people years ago could not get hired, so we were forced to "hang out our own shingles" which resulted in doctors , lawyers, dentists, archetics etc that typically were well paid careers

"more Nazi paraphernalia was found in his apartment."

Quote from the link above.

This just happened to me 15 minutes ago -this outlet is a joke - they blurred the kniving 10 people mall attack 12 days ago with today

off the list!!!

This just happened to me 15 minutes ago -this outlet is a joke - they blurred the kniving 10 people mall attack 12 days ago with today

off the list!!!

I don't normally say this....but I do hope this article is wrong. The Nazi angle is out of nowhere and is very disturbing (beyond run-of-the-mill mental-health issues).

Let's see if we can find a reference elsewhere on MSM....

Mass shooter was disgruntled with life, had no anger mgt skills and went Breaking Bad. So, how do we address rage, anger, rejection in America? Everyone feels it not everyone picks up a gun and goes ballistic!

anyone have live coverage other than Khou

OMy! was this a political motive? FBI was there...........more to this?
What is his heritage?

Did you read any of the links? This one:

https://www.start.umd.edu/pubs/START_AmericanTerrorismDeaths_FactSheet_Oct2015.pdf

is not just the last decade and does include 2001 - it also shows just what a huge anomally that event was, and that if anything attacks in the US have declined since.

If you're going to include those injured by terrorism as well, you need to do the same for all the other causes listed - which would still make terrorism a minority.

Oh. My .Lord.

ok guys lets get on it! Is it primalily a Jewsih community??

As a Jewish person I am allowed to aks it. There is a propensity , for affluent Jewish folks , to live in the same setting

Father and sisters homes are in jewish jewsih communities. But gotta realize , father is 97 - so he lived in the era.

I remember as a kid asking him , as a kid, why are Jewish people rich? He explained to me that is not accurate, but that a lot of Jewish people years ago could not get hired, so we were forced to "hang out our own shingles" which resulted in doctors , lawyers, dentists, archetics etc that typically were well paid careers

BBM

I don't know, but I'm trying to find out. It seems that his neighborhood is called Bellaire. Do we have any Houston locals on the thread to confirm that??

I found this: 'Because of the large number of Jewish students, Bellaire High School historically had the nickname Hebrew High."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_Houston

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinrebano
Back