GUILTY TX - Six Stay family members slain in their Spring home, 9 July 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That is great news!

O/T: IMO, from personal experience, Memorial Hermann Hospital is outstanding! I know they took very good care of CS while she was there. Sending a shout-out and big thank you to the staff there. You guys and gals are awesome!!!

Unable to reach the linked story. Did she go to the home of her grandparents whose lives she saved? TIA

Not buying it, sorry.. He knows what he did, he knows right from wrong and simply didn't care, no mental illness there. Mentally healthy people can snap under certain situations, then regret it later, feel remorseful, but not this guy, nope. He is pathetic in my eyes and I don't feel sorry for him one bit and I'm known to have a bleeding heart, NOT FOR THIS GUY!!!

Yea, he's a coward who was pizzed that his woman didn't want anything to do with his sorry butt. He drove immediately toward her parent's home to butcher them as well when he was cordoned off in the cul de sac by heavy artillery and equipment. This was a revenge massacre.

Did we ever find out what the Sheriff's robot took out to the killer's car? Was it a pack of cigarettes?

I am thrilled the 15yo Hero survived. That's really special.

from the article linked above: not a Big Mac!

A bomb robot took water to Haskell, and a second cell phone was also delivered to his car after his went flat.

She is incredible and the gofund account has made over 200k !
I am delighted that she will have a chance to do something with her life as it would be very , very
hard without a family to begin a life and get a car and get through college or whatever it is she chooses
to do. Be well little lady. You're an inspiration and your smile is from heaven!

Unable to reach the linked story. Did she go to the home of her grandparents whose lives she saved? TIA

That original article/video didn't state where she went after being released from the hospital. I've seen articles/videos since her release today, and she was with her grandfather, but I don't think it's been published where she's actually staying.

Oh my goodness! I just saw Cassidy speak! UNBELIEVABLE! She is an angel and she will do the greatest things with her life to honor her family!! There are not enough superlatives to describe this young lady!!!

“We continue to be in awe of how she was able to save us,” her maternal grandfather, Roger Lyon, said during the ceremony. "Without her courage and quick thinking, we might be mourning the death of 20 ... people today."

20! Wow! He killed 6. I am assuming in the 20 would be his wife and 3 children, the 2 grandparents, Cassidy, and I wonder who else he was including?

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/te...sed-murder-her-family-speaks-memorial-n154311

Don't mean to take over this thread but one last thing...
I hope J K Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe are aware of this young lady's story and she gets to meet them both.

Former Alaskan's Classmates Respond to Texas Murder Charges
http://www.ktuu.com/news/news/former-alaskans-classmates-respond-to-texas-murder-charges/26918010

ANCHORAGE - The man accused of murdering six people in Texas Wednesday -- including four children -- has ties to Alaska.

Ronald Lee Haskell, 33, grew up north of Anchorage and attended Chugiak High School. His 1999 senior yearbook shows he was voted Homecoming King and Class Clown by his peers. He also played on the football team.

Haskell has been charged with capital murder, after authorities say he entered a home in the Houston-area community of Spring, Texas Wednesday dressed as a delivery worker. Haskell allegedly rounded up the children, described as relatives of his estranged wife, in the home, then awaited the arrival of two adults -- Stephen and Katie Stay.

The killer by all accounts in high school was popular. There is this perception that rampage killers are bullied and misfits. It shows we cannot profile rampage killers.

Thanks to all who posted links and updates.Cassidy is a shining light and I am in awe of her bravery and strength.I am glad that she has such a touchstone as the Harry Potter series,there are some very excellent and decent messages about love,family and friendship in that series.

@HMSHood: I agree that some things defy profiling.But,I suppose in some ways even though Haskell was popular and received attention for it and validation,I can only imagine that some people would have some very abusive and dysfuntional ways of acting out once they are no longer deemed popular or a "star".Some people do not deal with the "down" part of the "what goes up must come down...." equation and some people have very unhealthy and destructive ways of acting out once the adoration and applause stops.His envy also seems to be a very huge liability.

I second that. Appearing in court should be the least of his worries.

This. I thank God that this happened in Texas, as they're serious about carrying out the DP, so if he's given that sentence, he won't die of natural causes.

I would like to say that I admire Cassidy for her bravery and strength, and I hope she continues to do well.

Thanks to all who posted links and updates.Cassidy is a shining light and I am in awe of her bravery and strength.I am glad that she has such a touchstone as the Harry Potter series,there are some very excellent and decent messages about love,family and friendship in that series.

@HMSHood: I agree that some things defy profiling.But,I suppose in some ways even though Haskell was popular and received attention for it and validation,I can only imagine that some people would have some very abusive and dysfuntional ways of acting out once they are no longer deemed popular or a "star".Some people do not deal with the "down" part of the "what goes up must come down...." equation and some people have very unhealthy and destructive ways of acting out once the adoration and applause stops.His envy also seems to be a very huge liability.

You know, I suspect there are red flags about Ron Haskell in high school amd even earlier. I suspect many thought there is something off about him. An all too common pattern I have seen. Haskell reminds me of James Ruppert, Lorne Acquin, Seung-Hui Cho, and Elliot Rodger, as they are consumed by envy. I would also include Lori Drew, Jodi Arias, and Betty Broderick. They too are consumed by envy as they are injustice collectors. A dangerous mix.

Murderous Envy
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/keeping-kids-safe/200905/murderous-envy

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member