TX - Sophia Martinez, 13, died on someone's lawn, 1 January 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lack of parenting. At 13 NONE of my kids were roaming the streets meeting up with strangers and hanging out. They were still chaperoned by my husband or me, or another responsible adult. Too many parents these days are dropping the ball. They've no one to blame but themselves. Texting her daughter and telling her to be good does not take the place of involved parenting!

just heard on my local news: new charges. indecency with a child. new charges may come about after toxicology comes back. her friend says at some point through the night, she seen the guy kissing Sophia.

Even though it was many, many years ago, I remember the excitement and feelings of immortality I felt at 13, 14, 15, 16.

You think you know all you need to know about life and that you are wiser ans smarter than any adult could be. Rules and consequences are often an afterthought.

I was boringly good at that age, but still think back and shake my head about the things my parents never knew. The secret is how to get across to young women (and men also), that at 13, anyone that is 23 and willing to have you at their house, is most likely not looking out for your best interests.

TWA sweet girl. ^j^

Sunnie, excellent post. When we're young like that we think we know what is going on. JMO, but I think this whole electronic world isn't helping. Parents are accepting texts as a "My kid is O.K.".

Back in the day I know if somebody told me to jump off a bridge I'd have done it especially if it involved males. We had no cell phones, but I bet my tail my father would be coming after me.

FWIW, my brother's sons even at 16 if they texted they were someplace he'd say "Alright, go take a picture of yourself in front of that movie or mall and immediately send it to me".

There's a reason my nephews and DD call us the McGruff Crome Dogs or Nancy Drew or Sherlock.

just heard on my local news: new charges. indecency with a child. new charges may come about after toxicology comes back. her friend says at some point through the night, she seen the guy kissing Sophia.

Thank you for the updates, ad.

Definately I figured that those charges would eventually come up. Grown *advertiser censored*s men who pick underage girls up and give them alcohol aren't just going to hang out with them and play checkers.

Pretty girl. I wish she could have enjoyed life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back