Found Safe TX - Sophie, 9, w/ Michael Long, non-custodial parent, Seguin, 12 July 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hate to say it but the letters she wrote to Dad, written on pieces of torn cardboard and notecards writing opposite the lines looks to me like she has a GIANT IMAGINATION.
I still don’t not believe her but a giant imagination makes flashing red lights.
What other reason could there be for the torn scraps of paper letters?

The content seems pretty normal though. I don’t see anything illogical or delusional in what she wrote.

I am not sure how to "cite" this, but the main "Stand with S____" FB group has been taken down. I would only assume (IMO) that it was the court's orders to do so since the father (ML) and the step-mom were admins to that group and it was getting out of hand and a mess with comments/posts.

I’m assuming the lawyers for dad told him shut it down or we are off the case. He seems like a nightmare client. He immediately ignores orders issued by the judge. I don’t think the judge ordered it shut down. That’s a first amendment issue. They can order that the parents can’t talk about the case publicly, but the judge from the last records hearing didn’t seem to want to do that (it’s a first amendment issue). She just wanted to make sure that recordings of the kids weren’t made public.

This isn’t going to end until Dad ends up in jail. Can’t a doctor tell if she has been sexually active or abused?
The dad is not the sexual abuser. S's bio mom and dad are not together.
S is accusing her bio mom's boyfriend (and other men) of the sexual abuse. So I think you mean, this won't end until the Mother is in jail.

I’m assuming the lawyers for dad told him shut it down or we are off the case. He seems like a nightmare client. He immediately ignores orders issued by the judge. I don’t think the judge ordered it shut down. That’s a first amendment issue. They can order that the parents can’t talk about the case publicly, but the judge from the last records hearing didn’t seem to want to do that (it’s a first amendment issue). She just wanted to make sure that recordings of the kids weren’t made public.
Yes, very true. Sadly, I wasn't thinking about the First Amendment, so yes, I would agree with you that it was his lawyers who told him to take it down. And I also agree about his disobeying the courts orders. I understand that he wants to get S's story out there, but if the court is telling to to do something and you do the opposite, aren't you hurting the case? I am not a huge fan of the dad, but I think a tool for a dad is a lot better than an abuser as a mother.

This isn’t going to end until Dad ends up in jail. Can’t a doctor tell if she has been sexually active or abused?

Apparently dad has taken her to multiple doctors and there has been no evidence that I’ve heard of. However, if she wasn’t penetrated (gross) there could be no signs.

The child’s words are evidence though. I mean no matter what I think they have to take her seriously. I don’t think she crazy as the mom supposedly has stated.

Is she brainwashed?

I don’t know if it’s possible to brainwash a kid that age to be that distressed. But it’s clear she’s distressed. She seems very calm and peaceful with her dad, however. Although I realize that’s only snippets.

If it is possible to brainwash a kid this age we see that she is still exceedingly distressed with mom. So if that was the case, maybe the best course of action would be to live with dad, have individual counseling, and group DBT counseling with other kids, and therapeutic visitation with mom, and then supervised visits outside her home.

Dad should also be ordered into counseling. But I hve a feeling he wouldn’t go.

I admit to having qualms about this case based on dad’s actions in defying the court’s orders despite progress being made. And in his constant publication of the kids, contrary to court’s orders and their ability to make an informed decision as to whether they want that info published or not.

But I can’t ignore that kid’s distress. Unlike smaller kids who can be made to appear upset and sometimes have issues with transitions, this kid is 10, super articulate, seems logical and intelligent to me, and was very definitive about what she wanted and clearly super upset and we didn’t hear dad saying anything or doing anything in that first video to get her going. In fact, the stepmother tried to encourage her and said “Do you really think your mom will do anything to you while grandma is there?”

Yes, very true. Sadly, I wasn't thinking about the First Amendment, so yes, I would agree with you that it was his lawyers who told him to take it down. And I also agree about his disobeying the courts orders. I understand that he wants to get S's story out there, but if the court is telling to to do something and you do the opposite, aren't you hurting the case? I am not a huge fan of the dad, but I think a tool for a dad is a lot better than an abuser as a mother.

Yeah I mean I totally understand him releasing stuff when the courts aren’t helping. But at the time he released his FaceTime call with S and everything after that, progress was being made. So there’s a problem.

True or not she needs to live with her Dad. Why allow such STREE in the family?
If sexual abuse can be proved then charges should be filed against that but she should be able to choose who she wants to live with.

I have been following this case closely. It's something many of my colleagues (CPS, CASA, DFPS) and I have been chatting about as we are local(ish.) I feel extremely torn on the truth of all this. The talk of blood in the underwear is a little unusual from a child. I have seen some doozies. Parents being ordered to psych evals, serious counseling, very controlled therapeutic visits, etc. A child being brainwashed, put in the middle, and distressed sometimes to the point of having a mental break. I don't know if this young girl was sexually abused, but this domestic situation is highly charged, manipulative, and toxic. I cannot disbelieve her distress. That much is very clear. The only thing I know is I would love for the child to have representation. In my county, a child does not receive an ad litem or representation until removal. I don't know how it works in Collin, but I suspect it's the same or similar. We will likely not know much of what's happening behind the scenes if CPS has a treatment plan. The court involvement and moves in the past is a bit confusing to me. I don't like ANYONE in this case but she appears comforted around dad. The dad needs to stop doing basically everything he is doing publicly. The mom's side...wow...garbage. What an awful, horrific situation for this precious child.

Stand With Sophie: Campaign for 9-Year-Old Texas Girl Goes Viral
Update
: During a September 9 hearing on the case, the judge ruled that Sophie and her brothers would be placed in the care of Michael Long, their father, his attorney informed Heavy. Jamie L. Graham of Jamie Graham & Associates said that they are thrilled at the decision and said that the judge, who is a new judge for the case, decided to “err on the side of caution” in ruling that the children would be placed with Michael during the ongoing custody battle.

Graham told Heavy that an investigation is still open and ongoing with the Frisco Police Department and Child Protective Services has not yet come to a decision.

Hopefully, they were able to get to a reasonable version of the truth so the children can be protected.

Rachel Li served as an Amicus Attorney appointed by the Court in the case. She has now been discharged (at her request) from that role because she has fulfilled all of the duties requested of her by the Court. An Amicus Attorney is not the attorney for either parent in a dispute. An Amicus is appointed by the court to investigate the case and represent the best interest of the child or children. The appointment of an Amicus attorney is a routine practice that serves the interest of justice.

Last edited:
Yes, the Amicus attorney would not be representing the child, but the interests of the child on behalf of the court. They are the eyes of the court and provide legal services to the court, so to speak. They have no client relationship with the child. I am a little surprised that the duties have already been fulfilled. This makes me wonder if an ad Litem has been appointed. When an Amicus Attorney is appointed, an Ad Litem cannot be. It seems the judge is being exceedingly careful here in any case

I am probably going to get pummeled for this opinion, which is mine and mine alone but I have read all I can find and watched the hearing, along with all the videos available and I am not sure this child hasn't been coached by dad. If a child is inconsolable, they aren't going to be hysterical for the camera, then step out of the vehicle and one on one tell an officer they are OK. There is so much out there right now about sexual abuse, assault, and it is horrible, criminal and never should be just disregarded w/o getting to the bottom of what is going on but I have also read the LE remarks in regards to how these two people have gone at each other for years, called CPS and the Police on each other over and over...it's like war of the roses, using the daughter as the ultimate ahhhhah in my opinion...Sophie has been examined and unless there is a trip to the ER I missed, she was diagnosed, after the screaming in the bathroom at the father's, with a yeast infection. Dad said something that didn't sit well with me in regards to the of how he was broke, supposedly due to all the lawyer fees. What I saw was a child pulled between her parents and a little girl who loves her dad...On top of that, what is up with the little brother testing positive for cocaine and marijuana? How does all this happen to come up at dad's just in time to take them in a blame the mom? The father was said, by police, to be a user of both and it is during the stay with him that he just decided on what? a whim? to take his son in for drug testing? I am sorry but I smell a rat, and if so SHAME on whoever messes with kids minds for their own gain!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back