TX TX - Stacie Madison, 17, & Susan Smalley, 18, Carrollton, 19 March 1988

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just wonder, I mean, was this a small town-there had to have been rumors in that high school about what went down.

I just finished this night wounds time by Shawn Sutherland and it is a great book. There is so much information about the case you will never find else where and thankfully, the girls' cases have been reopened!
This book has many theories, and after reading it I would like to offer my own.
First off, Stacie's 1969 Ford Mustang was found parked in a strip Mall in Dallas, TX located on Forrest Lane. You know how when you're a kid in high school, there's always a major hang out spot, whether it be a park, movie theater parking lot or mall? Well, for the kids in Dallas and Carrollton in 1988, the "chill" spot was Forrest Lane, where partying, cruising, get togethers and drag racing would occur. After the girls were seen at the Steak and Ale, it was said (but not confirmed) that they were also sighted on Forrest Lane. We know they had to have been here at some point, since Stacie's Mustang was found off of Forrest Lane.
My theory is that the girls went out with no plans that night, just wanted to wing it. I think they met up with someone they both knew and trusted, who offered them a ride else where. Stacie's car was found locked and undisturbed, so I think she had every intention of returning to it, whether the next morning or in a few hours. I think from then on, it's anybody's guess but does not look good.
I also strongly suspect Stacie's then boyfriend, Mr. Lawton. My reasoning for that I will list:
1. He was abusive, jealous and possessive towards Stacie. His other lovers and wives would come forward to say he was also violent towards them.
2. He didn't care Stacie vanished. He declined to help her mother (who said she treated him like family) put up missing posters of the girls. In fact, he wasn't upset at all as a got a new girl friend a month or so later.
3. He confessed to his new girlfriend after Stacie vanished that he killed both the girls by beating them with a shovel, and buried them in an old, forgotten cemetery. He would later change his story to say he dumped them in a fish hatchery. (The cemetery was searched, but nothing ever became of this because, but I must say the search wasn't very thorough, they just searched for disturbed ground).
4. He would soon move out of TX, saying he had no friends of job opportunity there. Weird, since his dad owns chains and chains of different stores and businesses in TX. Surely his father would have given him a job.
5. He changed his name.

Now, he passed a polygraph test, but I have come across many cases where someone has no conscience, and pass it with ease, even though they are guilty. He was ruled out as a suspect just by the polygraph test despite his confession, and I think this is why this case is unsolved.
I am so happy they reopened the case, I have always thought the girls were still at least nearby Carrollton. Those girls' families are still actively searching to this day, it is so heart breaking, this is definitely one of the top cases for me I want to see resolved, within the next year. God Bless Stacie, Susan and their families.

Where did this guy move and what did he change his name to? Also, does Stacie's mom think he killed her?

They did not put what he changed his name to, but they did say it was to his biological father whom he had never known. The book also doesn't list exactly what state he moved to, it simply says "a state in the Deep South" (127, This Night Wounds Time). He married four different times in what ever deep south state he moved too.
And yes, Stacie's mother has always thought if he wasn't responsible, he would have at least held some kind of answers, but from the book it seems she feels he did it, especially after a phone call she got from one of his ex wives mothers.
(you can find this on page 128, This Night Wounds Time) She claimed that Lawton continually physically abused her daughter, and after hearing that he was dating Stacie when she vanished, she also called the Carrollton police dept to report his pattern of violence, and that she also thought he was responsible for the girls' vanishing.
I agree with Stacie's mother, I also hope they reinvestigate him.

Today marks 24 years since the girls went missing.

This is another case that hits home. I spent a great deal of time in or around Carrollton tx. We had a small family owned business in carrollton in the 2000. We did some stuff for newmen smith. I'm ordering the book. But very haunted by this. It would seem somebody saw something that night. As that's way to large a shoping center. It would also seem they both went willingly.

I think the boyfriend lives in a rural Kentucky town. If it is him he goes by the name Kevin Elrod or Kevin Slater. This guy was in trouble in September 2010 for child abuse. The charges were later dropped. Look for this story in the News Democrat-Logan Leader for more details.

This guy must have the worst luck in the world. How does this kind of stuff just follow u around? Why in the world do u confess to a crime u didn't comment? This Kevin guy seems to have a path of crazy behavior that follows him.

Ida Crawford Madison, the mother of Stacie Madison, is organizing a candlelight vigil for Stacie and Susie at Newman Smith High School on March 19, 2013 (19:00 in CDT), in memory of the girls. It will be 25 years since she last saw her daughter and Susan.
Please light two candles that night to remember that Stacie and Susan are STILL missing!!!
Get more info and join the girls' facebook group here:
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/groups/59664093867/

Ida Crawford Madison, the mother of Stacie Madison, is organizing a candlelight vigil for Stacie and Susie at Newman Smith High School on March 19, 2013 (19:00 in CDT), in memory of the girls. It will be 25 years since she last saw her daughter and Susan.
Please light two candles that night to remember that Stacie and Susan are STILL missing!!!
Get more info and join the girls' facebook group here:
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/groups/59664093867/

I will be there!

As the anniversary of their disappearance, I want us all to remember and pray for these girls. Such a near and dear case to us all, someone out there knows where Stacy and Susan are.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw
Back