TX TX - Steve Jones, 57, Bowie County, 16 Mar 2012 - FFJ member "Wounded"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Voice of Reason ~ I'm not sure why you think I am so misinformed or that I might be damage control.

I only know what Sheriff Prince and Steve's wife have shared with me. I know Steve's wife does not feel an all out effort was made to find Steve early on, and I don't blame her.

I don't think the sheriff took the topix threats seriously at first; I have no idea if he does now or not. I do know he said they had begun investigating "the possibility of suspected foul play" ~ way too late imho. Three months now = cold case.

You seem to have a very good handle on what happened to Steve's son and what happened on topix after he began using that site, and I am glad because you are absolutely right about the lies that have been and continue to be posted there about him and his wife.

Someone(s) has had it out for Steve in a very bad way for a very long time. I had always suspected it is some of the Rich family, but it could just as easily be one of the cops he pissed off, or both. It has always made me sick to my stomach.

My heart aches for Steve's family. They don't deserve this.

jrc - maybe getting a little to paranoid for my own good. So much LE on Topix trying to divert attention toward SJ's wife and other family. It makes me sick. I would hate for anyone to give the wrong idea to our little light portal we have opened to the outside world. Texarkana and Cass County are as corrupt as it comes! And if we were to tell some of these stories to outsides, a lot of them would think we are crazy! Saddens me that we cannot count on our police. I noticed earlier on the thread that Prince said Equusearch said they could not help out with the search any better than LE because there were no more ideas on where to search! Equusearch SEARCHES! That statement that Prince said sounds like BS to me.

Once again, sorry to step on your toes. Just seemed as though you were sugar-coating to me. But then again - there is more than one way to skin a cat. SJ's approach didn't seem to work so well either, although he was definitely onto something.

jrc - maybe getting a little to paranoid for my own good. So much LE on Topix trying to divert attention toward SJ's wife and other family. It makes me sick. I would hate for anyone to give the wrong idea to our little light portal we have opened to the outside world. Texarkana and Cass County are as corrupt as it comes! And if we were to tell some of these stories to outsides, a lot of them would think we are crazy! Saddens me that we cannot count on our police. I noticed earlier on the thread that Prince said Equusearch said they could not help out with the search any better than LE because there were no more ideas on where to search! Equusearch SEARCHES! That statement that Prince said sounds like BS to me.

Once again, sorry to step on your toes. Just seemed as though you were sugar-coating to me. But then again - there is more than one way to skin a cat. SJ's approach didn't seem to work so well either, although he was definitely onto something.

No problem. I don't understand why Prince didn't call Equusearch. There is a lot I don't understand.

I was told one of the topix posters who threatened Steve took a polygraph test and took the results of the test to the sheriff's department in order to exonerate himself. I'm not sure what to think about that.

Do you have a theory, or an idea, about what might have happened to Steve?

Sorry I have waiting so long to respond. I definitely think that there has been a cover up. Nothing makes sense and I am not sure what to think anymore. I have heard of the man who threated Steve ended up submitting his own polygraph, although everone kept repeating that there was no foul play suspected. If so, why should someone submit a polygraph to clear themselves. I don't know if they actually questioned this man, but I know that poor Steve's case has almost gone to nonexistent. Anyone who questions or supports him is labeled a meth head. Everytime. I am not a meth head. It seems as though they use this excuse all the time to try to discredit anyone's statements.

Sorry I have waiting so long to respond. I definitely think that there has been a cover up. Nothing makes sense and I am not sure what to think anymore. I have heard of the man who threated Steve ended up submitting his own polygraph, although everone kept repeating that there was no foul play suspected. If so, why should someone submit a polygraph to clear themselves. I don't know if they actually questioned this man, but I know that poor Steve's case has almost gone to nonexistent. Anyone who questions or supports him is labeled a meth head. Everytime. I am not a meth head. It seems as though they use this excuse all the time to try to discredit anyone's statements.

I suspected foul play immediately. I guess, as a rule, it is common that an accident happened. But in Steve's case, I don't think so. Nope, I don't for a minute believe he accidently went off the road or that he intentionally disappeared.

So are you thinking the sheriff's department is covering up what happened? Do you think the sheriff is in on it?

As far as being labeled a meth head, that's what happens at unmoderated sites.

Search continues for missing Texarkana man

Bowie County Chief Deputy Jeff Neal says the investigation remains open. But family members say not enough is being done to find Steven.

"They don't want to do what the family think they should be doing," Sturdivant says. "They have a very credible place to look for my husband and they just need to do it."

http://www.stormtracker12.com/story/21622469/search-continues-for-missing-texarkana-man

21622469_BG1.JPG

http://www.facebook.com/FindSteveJones?viewer_id=100002423673449

I wonder if this credible place to search is on private property. LE can't search without a warrant, but oh so frustrating for the family.

I was really hoping that if Steve got into an accident, his bike and remains would have been found last fall.

Steve may have been a handful for a lot of people, but I cared about him and his family. I pray we get our answers...soon.

This is my first time to post on websleuths but I am a longtime follower. This case caught my attention because it is about an hour from me and I just felt awful for his wife when I listened to the show about him . A mans remains were found yesterday I'm wondering if it could be him.

Authorities discover human remains near Sulphur River

http://www.ktbs.com/story/24323459/authorities-discover-human-remains-near-the-sulphur-river

(Sent from KTBS_3)

Authorities discover human remains near Sulphur River

http://www.ktbs.com/story/24323459/authorities-discover-human-remains-near-the-sulphur-river

(Sent from KTBS_3)

While I have high hopes that he has finally been found, they seem to believe this person was a transient. That makes me assume he had a lot of belongings around him and may have been living in the spot where he was found.

I can't believe he is still missing.

I think it is high time for a fresh search. Things change in two years...leaves fall, creeks and rivers are lower due to drought, animals drag things about.

I am wondering about his bike. Hard to miss that if he truly did wreck. Maybe someone took it apart and sold the pieces or changed the appearance and sold it.

I'd like to know what the family thinks, who they think might have done something to him.

LE can't go on private property without a warrant or other cause but if a private citizen is there to do work or for social reasons I've got no problem with snooping to expose a murderer. Maybe a hiker will get lost and stumble across something while searching for shelter. Beautiful area for hiking!

I hope they find him soon! I live in the area but did not know him. Im praying for his family........

Any updates or news on this case? Where is Steve Jones?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back