Found Deceased TX- Tanner Hoang Missed Lunch w/ Family Before Graduation Ceremony - College Station

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Rest peacefully, Tanner.

DEC 24, 2022
College Station police confirmed to The U.S. Sun on Saturday that Tanner Hoang was found dead, and family has shared more details of the situation in a heartbreaking post.

[...]

"Tanner's family wants everyone to know how much they have appreciated everyone's help," Miller wrote.

"They feel God's love for them through the overwhelming outpouring of support. They know Tanner was loved by so many.

"Please continue to lift their family up in prayer."

I am so sad about this outcome. As a parent of a college age child I know they are under so much pressure. Young people need to know that can reach out for help. This should have been only a temporary minor setback for this kind young man.

I have to wonder how long he was keeping this under wraps -- hopefully it is just this Fall semester and he didn't pass a required course. Worst case scenario? It's been going on for awhile, possibly he wasn't enrolled, and he kept it all from the family.

This anguished scenario plays out every year at every college and university -- a student is supposed to graduate but doesn't pass a required course or courses, can't walk at graduation, and his or her entire extended family is ON THE WAY from where ever, sometimes on an International flight.
RSBM
Added to that, there's the need to come up with tuition, and that the required courses next semester were already filled.
It also did cross my mind that it could've been (much?) more serious than a course or two short, and not something silly like forgetting phys ed requirements.
ETA: RIP Tanner.

So tragic for Tanner and sad for his family, especially this time of year.

We have to make sure our young ones know that they can come to us no matter what and that failure is okay, it helps us learn, and it makes us stronger. Young people put way too much pressure on themselves, let alone what they think other people expect of them.

Prayers for Tanner’s family.

So saddened to hear the news of Tanner having left us so soon. The holidays are going to be esp. hard for his family and friends. Saying many prayers for them tonight....hoping Tanner is at peace now. Such a devastating loss....if only he had reached out to someone....

Stories like his are never easy to hear or accept. I think back to all of the academic pressures that I endured, the mental anguish that I put myself through, on top of what was expected of me.

I really had believed that things were getting better for the younger generations…and maybe they are, but his story just makes me so sad. RIP, Tanner.

The positive thing here is that Austin is a populous city with a fun reputation and lots of young people. If he were going to self-harm, I think he would have driven someplace remote. I'm optimistic that Tanner will be found alive.
I had so much hope but when I learned where Tanner's car was found, it evaporated. Rest in peace, Tanner. My condolences to the Hoang family and all of Tanner's friends. If one thing comes of this tragic death, I hope it's greater understanding among kids his age that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary, solvable problem. I only wish Tanner had seen this.

Rest In Peace, Tanner. Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon him.
May his soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. In Jesus' name, amen.

(I live in a college town, husband works for the university, so cases involving college students really hit me hard.)

I had so much hope but when I learned where Tanner's car was found, it evaporated. Rest in peace, Tanner. My condolences to the Hoang family and all of Tanner's friends. If one thing comes of this tragic death, I hope it's greater understanding among kids his age that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary, solvable problem. I only wish Tanner had seen this.
I agree and am so sorry to see this is the outcome. I think it is especially important that families understand how to deal with and talk to young people about their expectations for them, as well as making sure they feel comfortable enough to be honest with them about things that are going on. Young people can be so hard on themselves. I've seen it in the primary students I teach. And it is heartbreaking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back