TX TX - Taylor Co, WhtFem 40, UP4140, Horse Woman, Worked on Ranches, aliases, tattoo, Sep'87

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This surely has to be her. Marble Falls (Burnet Co.) is nowhere near Harris Co. or Taylor Co., so I can’t figure out the confusion there, but the rest mostly fits.

Race/Ethnicity: She was dark-completed with Hispanic or Asian features
Height: 5’1”
Weight: 120 lbs
Other: Wore dark-tinted glasses. Had several purses with her.

Alias First Names: Margaret, Cheryl
Alias Last Names: Vierra, Cliven, Casolte
Known to Frequent: Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio
Other: She was stopped near Blanco in a stolen vehicle from Comal County.

View attachment 449632

View attachment 449631
This one may have been identified.
I think I remember this case.

Taylor County is far away.
I don't think it's the same case.

There is also nothing about a high speed chase in the NAMUS file.
Marble Falls is still quite away from Taylor County.

The UID women in the newspaper articles was killed in Burnett County.

Here all the Female UID's in Texas from 1987. There is nothing for Burnett County. Unless they have the county wrong.

I remember this case.

Screenshot Capture - 2023-09-27 - 15-13-24.png

Last edited:
This one may have been identified.
I think I remember this case.

Taylor County is far away.
I don't think it's the same case.

There is also nothing about a high speed chase in the NAMUS file.
Marble Falls is still quite away from Taylor County.

The UID women in the newspaper articles was killed in Burnett County.

Here all the Female UID's in Texas from 1987. There is nothing for Burnett County. Unless they have the county wrong.

I remember this case.

View attachment 449808
She was initially listed as being found in Harris County and later, for some inexplicable reason, that changed to Taylor County. That’s about a 350 mile discrepancy, so Burnet County doesn’t seem like a stretch IMO.

Her NamUs and Doe Network files lack a lot of details, particularly the circumstances surrounding her death. I used every keyword combination I could come up with and wasn’t able to find a resolution to the Marble Falls woman or the discovery of our horsewoman.

You very well could be right. Any idea when the Marble Falls woman may have been identified?

ETA: It is peculiar how they’re able to describe a tattoo in some detail but can’t pinpoint the place of discovery. :D

Last edited:
She was initially listed as being found in Harris County and later, for some inexplicable reason, that changed to Taylor County. That’s about a 350 mile discrepancy, so Burnet County doesn’t seem like a stretch IMO.

Her NamUs and Doe Network files lack a lot of details, particularly the circumstances surrounding her death. I used every keyword combination I could come up with and wasn’t able to find a resolution to the Marble Falls woman or the discovery of our horsewoman.

You very well could be right. Any idea when the Marble Falls woman may have been identified?

ETA: It is peculiar how they’re able to describe a tattoo in some detail but can’t pinpoint the place of discovery. :D
I remember it being on the news.
The woman was considered to be a con-artist.

I don't know if she was ID'd, but it was in the news. Usually UID's never make the news.

This one did.

I think she had quite a history.

You would think with the notoriety, if it wasn't solved, NAMUS and/or Doe Network would get this right.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I did something interesting with this case.
Taylor County is pretty small...

I took a weird chance and went into Family Search and looked for all the 1987 deaths in Taylor County. I did not put a name in the search box.

They have a "Jane Doe" with DOD: Sept 12, 1987.

They also list unnamed newborns (stillborns etc) as "Does".

But then I went into Bexar County to see if I could find the Doe in my profile pic.

The UIDs in Bexar County are named "Unknown".

I also looked for the UID in the Marble Falls car crash. I checked all three possible counties where the crash occurred. I see no deaths in or around Sep 13, 1987.

Did they not put this Doe in the Texas death index or did they simply not upload it to Family Search? (I don't believe there is an obligation to put it in Family Search)

I thought it was interesting.

Family Search death index is not recent. (I think it's updated every 10 years or so. I don't see my mom in there, but my grandmother who died in 2003 is in there)

Anyway, if someone died 40 years ago and were identified 10 years later, I wonder if their real name is updated in the Texas Death Index/Social Security Death Index and wonder if shows up in Family Search?

Just thought it could be a tool to determine if a long time Doe had been identified a long time ago.

The UID in the car crash, could have been taken to the county with a Medical Examiner, but I assume the closest County for a ME would be Travis and not Taylor. (I did not check Travis County for 1987 deaths)
This surely has to be her. Marble Falls (Burnet Co.) is nowhere near Harris Co. or Taylor Co., so I can’t figure out the confusion there, but the rest mostly fits.

Race/Ethnicity: She was dark-completed with Hispanic or Asian features
Height: 5’1”
Weight: 120 lbs
Other: Wore dark-tinted glasses. Had several purses with her.

Alias First Names: Margaret, Cheryl
Alias Last Names: Vierra, Cliven, Casolte
Known to Frequent: Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio
Other: She was stopped near Blanco in a stolen vehicle from Comal County.

View attachment 449632

View attachment 449631

Last edited:
ETA: This trick may not work for long time identified Does. Emily Garcia was killed on Feb 25, 1993. She was identified in 1994. The Texas Death Index lists her as "Unknown". Her name is not in the Death Index. I also don't see her in SS Death Index. Since she was 14, she may not have had a SSN, but seeing that her mom was former military, I think it's likely, she had a number.

Last edited:
The description of the tattoo sounds like a pachuco cross, which is heavily associated with chicano culture.

Heck, what kind of horse she preferred could help! There are different riding styles, training styles, influences -- could narrow things down. Did she prefer Quarter Horses or Paints or Appys? Did she rope, head or heel?

A photo or sketch would be better....

jmho ymmv lrr
Maybe she was something as simple as a groom.

Where does the horsewoman description come from

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back