TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know there are also tranquilizer darts.., just saying.

On the other hand, if MD was shot with a traditional firearm and ammo, wouldn't that match the police outfit?

Perhaps SP wanted to appear as a rogue LEO, even if he wasn't a police officer. That way a LEO burglar would carry a gun and use it, if necessary. Would be part of the staging and based on a targeted hit.

-Nin

I asked this generally in a previous post but I'll ask you directly now (and anyone else). Where is this firearm/dart shooter? We do not see one in the church video at all. Do you think it's likely that a person puts together an entire, multi-piece, law-enforcement outfit but then puts a firearm/dart shooter somewhere other than where it would go (on the hip, under the arm)? Is it likely that this person has a firearm but not a holster to go with it so they put it in their back pocket or breast pocket? I just find that so unlikely.

I am having a hard time reconciling this elaborate disguise but then a gun in a fanny pack left at the back door that they'll swing around and grab in a minute because they need to murder someone with it.

And I think this issue is important because the presence of a firearm would make me consider that the murder was planned and intentional.

Okay, then the father-in-law lived elsewhere. It is still a huge coincidence that the husband happened to be out of town during the murder. I think the father-in-law and husband were both vacationing albeit in different places. I feel that this was all planned well and much in advance.
We have mini groups within this board all with their own theories of what happened. :) It's good....

^bbm sbm rose222 Thanks for you post. Agreeing w you - MB's husband & FiL both being hundreds of miles away at same time her death occurred may be huge coincidence and suspicious.

OTOH it may not, depending on typical frequency of FiL's travel for business/his job or vacation.

For a person who is always in one city/county/metro, except for annual 2-wk Hawaii vacation, then yes, that person's absence may be suspect, perhaps a well planned alibi for time of spouse/SOs death. But some positions require an employee to fly out of town to work at another location(s) for multiple days every week. Or work at HQ for a week, fly to other location & work there the next week. Shampoo, rinse, & repeat.

I'm firmly convinced that I don't know :gaah: if BB or FiL absences are mere coincidence or suspicious cohinkydinks.

Maybe, but those types of things aren't cheap, right?

What's the going rate for a professional hit of that caliber these days?

Who had or has the money to finance something like that, and why?

"Follow the money" -- as they always say... if it's a hit, it's professional... but I don't see anything about MB that warrants investing a huge sum of money into having her killed.

The hit placed on my neighbor was $10K each (wanted two of them gone; and to be carried out by Mexican nationals coming across the border). Fortunately middle man ratted the thing out.

I agree with you.

I agree. We really don't know where they're looking, so we're left to speculate on that. Evidence overwhelmingly points in no direction whatsoever. Evidence shows a careless Altima driver, a careless SP, and aside from some marital secrets, a relatively modest, normal life. Statements from the police indicate no credible POIs, no credible suspects, no new leads tied to family, friends, or known acquaintences. They also suggest the possibility of a random attack, and ask the public for help.

I just see putting what the evidence and statements suggest aside in favor of some pretty wild speculation about complicated, expensive, and elaborate murder-for-hire schemes to be indicative of this community's desire to solve a murder mystery, rather than to solve a murder.

I don't mean to offend anyone by that, I really don't. I just feel a bit alone in taking some of the facts at face value, and it's unsettling.

EDIT: My posts are not meant to be argumentative, per se.. they are meant to encourage discussion of these perspectives. I understand the "scroll and roll" policy, but there's a gray area to be pursued in which opinions aren't just shared, but also discussed and "argued"

I just finished listening to this (it's dated today, btw). Not much new that we haven't already discussed, however, there is mention of a dirt road across the street from SWFA that I don't think has been mentioned here before. I had never noticed it on Google Maps before, I'm uploading a pic where I've drawn in where the dirt road appears to be, you'll have to go look on Google Maps in a more zoomed in view to get a good look at it, though. I'm honestly not sure how realistic it would be for SP to have used this dirt road the night of the murder, based on the heavy rain that morning.

Link to Google Maps

I asked this generally in a previous post but I'll ask you directly now (and anyone else). Where is this firearm/dart shooter? We do not see one in the church video at all. Do you think it's likely that a person puts together an entire, multi-piece, law-enforcement outfit but then puts a firearm/dart shooter somewhere other than where it would go (on the hip, under the arm)? Is it likely that this person has a firearm but not a holster to go with it so they put it in their back pocket or breast pocket? I just find that so unlikely.

I am having a hard time reconciling this elaborate disguise but then a gun in a fanny pack left at the back door that they'll swing around and grab in a minute because they need to murder someone with it.

And I think this issue is important because the presence of a firearm would make me consider that the murder was planned and intentional.
The issue is If Missy were shot - and that is a possibility (and something I believe) - then a firearm had to be somewhere unless SP has magical powers.

Thank you. I'm so starved for fresh discussion of this case that I'm grateful even for Nancy Grace. But honestly, you and I could discuss this by phone and post the recording to the internet and it would be at least as insightful as what they just offered up. Same goes for most on this forum.

I think whether this was a targeted or untargeted hit depends entirely on whether or not the SP is the person driving the Altima.

If the Altima is unrelated, then I see endless possibilities as to the identity and motive of the SP. I can't even begin to speculate, and in this scenario, LE would be miles ahead anyhow, having been at the scene and seen all of the details.

If the Altima is related, I see a moonlighting burglar desperate to not be caught or identified at the scene. I seriously doubt that if SP had planned this thing out so immaculately like a professional hired killer they would be seen driving around and even WAITING at a heavily monitored parking lot with nearly a dozen different camera angles. The suggestion that being seen on camera in that car was intentional and part of some grand plan is ridiculous to me. Whether the plates are stolen or not, being in that car on that much video strikes me as the kind of risk no professional would ever take, and the kind of plan no mastermind would ever consider... but it just might be an acceptable risk to someone who wants to break some laws under the cover of darkness and rain, because this amount of attention and investigation would NEVER have happened without the death of MB, and it would be long forgotten.

With just these observations alone, I'd be leaning towards an untargeted hit, even with the additional information about marriage troubles. There's always the possibility of more than one person being involved, with a getaway driver in the Altima and all that jazz, but the risks are the same, and it seems like only pure luck saved this person from being identified.

Just my opinions, of course.. please don't hurt me

What IF the perp/s created an intelligent mystery with purpose and did exactly know which questions we (plus LE/FBI) would have after the murder and did know for sure we never would be able to answer these questions. Why Missy?? Why this night? Why at the church? Why the assumed overkill? Why visible in police tactical gear? Why on surveillance camera at the church so willingly and idiotic? Why the same car at the gun shop and at the church? Why so relaxed and conspicuous on surveillance camera at the gun shop? Why acting as a church burglar but taking nothing? Why so much wasted time before the murder? ..... and so on. The answers - which ever - don't lead to a clearly motive. If no motive then also no clearly suspect. We (plus LE/FBI) are confused and the perp/s indeed have been successful so far.

Thank you. I'm so starved for fresh discussion of this case that I'm grateful even for Nancy Grace. But honestly, you and I could discuss this by phone and post the recording to the internet and it would be at least as insightful as what they just offered up. Same goes for most on this forum.

Haha! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's only strange if you are looking at it as a planned, targeted hit.. otherwise, the scenario is pretty straightforward..

What would be the purpose of the decoy?

I believe that it was random and untargeted as well. SP I still just very odd and very very lucky!
He panicked when he encountered MB and killed her and ran. JMO.

What IF the perp/s created an intelligent mystery with purpose and did exactly know which questions we (plus LE/FBI) would have after the murder and did know for sure we never would be able to answer these questions. Why Missy?? Why this night? Why at the church? Why the assumed overkill? Why visible in police tactical gear? Why on surveillance camera at the church so willingly and idiotic? Why the same car at the gun shop and at the church? Why so relaxed and conspicuous on surveillance camera at the gun shop? Why acting as a church burglar but taking nothing? Why so much wasted time before the murder? ..... and so on. The answers - which ever - don't lead to a clearly motive. If no motive then also no clearly suspect. We (plus LE/FBI) are confused and the perp/s indeed have been successful so far.

I personally think we should avoid the temptation of assigning a nearly impossibly high level of intelligence to this killer. I've even seen comments about the Altima suggesting that its occupant(s) positioned themselves exactly at some angle to the SWFA cameras so that they couldn't be seen.

No criminal is that intelligent except in fiction. Whoever did this is someone who isn't capable of thinking of everything. He or she made mistakes. If this person goes uncaught, it will be because of flaws in the investigation more so than whatever cunning he or she possesses, IMHO.

I just finished listening to this (it's dated today, btw). Not much new that we haven't already discussed, however, there is mention of a dirt road across the street from SWFA that I don't think has been mentioned here before. I had never noticed it on Google Maps before, I'm uploading a pic where I've drawn in where the dirt road appears to be, you'll have to go look on Google Maps in a more zoomed in view to get a good look at it, though. I'm honestly not sure how realistic it would be for SP to have used this dirt road the night of the murder, based on the heavy rain that morning.

Link to Google Maps
Wow, that goes right in line with one of my POI's access and departure.
Thanks for posting.

I personally think we should avoid the temptation of assigning a nearly impossibly high level of intelligence to this killer. I've even seen comments about the Altima suggesting that its occupant(s) positioned themselves exactly at some angle to the SWFA cameras so that they couldn't be seen.

No criminal is that intelligent except in fiction. Whoever did this is someone who isn't capable of thinking of everything. He or she made mistakes. If this person goes uncaught, it will be because of flaws in the investigation more so than whatever cunning he or she possesses, IMHO.

bbm

Apropos: I read comments which said the Altima driver positioned the car at this certain lot because he could see the church in his rearview mirror .....

I agree. We really don't know where they're looking, so we're left to speculate on that. Evidence overwhelmingly points in no direction whatsoever. Evidence shows a careless Altima driver, a careless SP, and aside from some marital secrets, a relatively modest, normal life. Statements from the police indicate no credible POIs, no credible suspects, no new leads tied to family, friends, or known acquaintences. They also suggest the possibility of a random attack, and ask the public for help.

I just see putting what the evidence and statements suggest aside in favor of some pretty wild speculation about complicated, expensive, and elaborate murder-for-hire schemes to be indicative of this community's desire to solve a murder mystery, rather than to solve a murder.

I don't mean to offend anyone by that, I really don't. I just feel a bit alone in taking some of the facts at face value, and it's unsettling.

EDIT: My posts are not meant to be argumentative, per se.. they are meant to encourage discussion of these perspectives. I understand the "scroll and roll" policy, but there's a gray area to be pursued in which opinions aren't just shared, but also discussed and "argued"

I agree with you and have put forward a similar theory for a long time. We will not know the truth until LE releases information or there is an arrest. Its best to check in every now and then to see if there is any information from LE.

The evidence THAT WE HAVE points in no direction whatsoever. I think many here are dreaming of having all the evidence, but that’ll have to remain on our wish list.

And your hypothesis that the evidence points in no direction is a hypothesis in and of itself. There are at least 50 or 100 people on this blog that strongly believe the evidence points in one direction. They just can’t concur on which direction that is. lol.

I believethis blog has explored about every direction (and changed directions as more evidence has become available.) I’m not going to critique anyone for complicated or expensive theories. The cheap and simple ones haven’t seemed to get us very far either. Though Occam probably was right.

Solving the murder mystery without solving the murder is not possible. But I think I get your point. My friend who ushers at the Texas Rangersgame is no less a good usher, just because she loves the Rangers as well.

I’ve got ahit as #4 or 5, but a hit within a marriage that grappled financially andstruggled with fidelity isn’t an outlandish proposition. The highest number of wives and girlfriendlosing their lives is to their husbands and boyfriends, and #2 isn’t evenclose. But they haven’t given us any indication that family has done nothing but cooperate with LE. We don’t know much of what went on behind closed doors.

Maybe I missed it but I’d be interested in hearing your thesis (starting point); it’s sometimes easier to discredit others than postulate and defend your own. Beyond reviewing the evidence, where shouldwe look.

Link to Google Maps

The weather in the area the week of Missy's murder was stormy all week. The ground was soaked, the rain was torrential for several days of that week. Here's a blog from a local station.
http://www.wfaa.com/mb/weather/weather-blog-heavy-rain-in-north-texas/136970357 if you read down the page you can see those reports are for April 18.

I doubt that a person wearing that outfit or carrying a bag with that costume in it could make that hike in the lightning, rain and mud and come out looking pristine like the SP in the video.

Maybe, but those types of things aren't cheap, right?
What's the going rate for a professional hit of that caliber these days? ....

The hit placed on my neighbor was $10K each (wanted two of them gone; ....

bbm sbm
mcmlxxix - Good question.
WannaBDetective - Glad you gave us example re $ prices known to you.

Where can we find going rate for a full service hitman w money back guarantee? BBB? Craigslist? Google? Angieslist? IDK, not going to google. Seriously.

Over yrs of following true crime & reading hundreds of TC books, I've seen a wide range of hit-prices offered & accepted, from a couple hundred to a couple hundred thousand dollars. Just anecdotal figures.

Imo, pretty much individual-specific, depending on hit-purchaser and hit-seller, how emotionally/financially/mentally desperate they are; as identity of intended target; the city or state; logistical difficulties of carrying out plan; likelihood of being caught, arrested, etc. In some cases, how drunk or drugged one is or both are. Occasionally ppl agree to work for consideration other than cash, e.g., 'I'll do it, if you'll sign over the title on your Mustang." Many elements factor into the equation.

I suspect relatively few homicides planned & executed by two ppl (or planned by two & executed by one) are committed for hire on a purely monetary basis, w little or no personal/romantic/business/other special relationship between payor and payee. Not counting homicides occurring in connection w another crime, like gas station or store armed robberies which morph into homicides.

My thought, just a SWAG, is many more homicides are planned by two & committed by two in a relationship which (they anticipate) will somehow be enhanced by the third person's death.
JM2cts.

A bit further O/T: I recall one case in which a FL woman who wanted her hubby dead agreed (on $25,000 price/fee, IIRC) w hitman, who then secretly backed out but agreed to pay ($20,000?) to his pal, who offered his buddy ($10,000?) for the job; in turn buddy found a chum to do it for less. After four or five layers of 'sub-contracting' someone ultimately killed her husband for a few thousand. Seems her reliance on him as a professional hitman was not well placed. Wish I could remember book title, names & $ amt, but that was decades back.

The weather in the area the week of Missy's murder was stormy all week. The ground was soaked, the rain was torrential for several days of that week. Here's a blog from a local station.
http://www.wfaa.com/mb/weather/weather-blog-heavy-rain-in-north-texas/136970357 if you read down the page you can see those reports are for April 18.

I doubt that a person wearing that outfit or carrying a bag with that costume in it could make that hike in the lightning, rain and mud and come out looking pristine like the SP in the video.

Add pitch darkness, and the probability goes to one in a million chance of success.

I respectfully disagree.
There are many alternatives to getting to that destination via that dirt road or north of the church as well.
Four wheel drive pick up, four wheeler etc.
AND we don't know if SP could have changed out of any if at all wet or muddy clothing at any point In the kitchen or other that was not caught on camera.
JMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member