TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most churches are closed on Friday's since they work weekends. If they have people working on Friday, it's usually office staff...all that to say majority of the churches I know have their cleaning crews come in Friday. JMO

--
Hi Janesmith...For some reason, my computer is being wonky about quoting other members. Weird. Anyhow...

I am not sure if you're thinking of smaller churches. Perhaps not. But, FWIW, churches like CCOC typically have cleaning staff daily due to the constant flow of events, meetings, classes and activities in the church, 6-7 days a week. Looking at Creekside, it's busy almost every day with groups and meetings. Also, members hold private family events at the church. Of course, weddings are held, funerals, baptisms, on and on...

I think the office is closed only on Fridays. I am from New England and growing up my church was unassuming and old-fashioned. When I moved to North Carolina at one point, I accompanied a friend to church. It was like no church I had ever seen or imagined. Large, beautiful, modern, and an active hub for the community. I called it a "TV church." I saw many in parts of the South.

I pulled a link from the CCOS site just to show a view of their Sunday worship service. As an aside, while the adults are in service on Sundays, there are children's groups, nursery care, and teen groups. If there is ever a day a cleaning is needed....:)

http://www.creeksidecc.com/gatherings/

Is it OK to post this link? I am never quite sure.

All IMO.

I'm not really sure on the gloves - they just appear to be elbow length brown rubber gloves & I shouldn't have said welding gloves I guess. :)

I don't believe a gun was used.

here's an image of how the gloves appear to me but in the video they are brown

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...cleaning-neoprene-gloves_60075938072.html?s=p

or like these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-5-Inch-L...e966ac4&pid=100005&rk=5&rkt=6&sd=192037243856

No glad you threw that out there, put all ideas out there. We like to hear everyone's thinking.

Hi all,

Something else I have been thinking about why I do not think that this was an unplanned, untargeted attack...a robbery gone wrong, etc.

If this were true, why would the intruder be walking around already armed with a hammer? Thieves, in my mind, get in and get out -- and wouldn't keep one hand encumbered with some sort of weapon, particularly a hammer.

A thief would have picked this time and location because he believed the church would be unpopulated; why, then, would he bother carrying a weapon that could serve him in a confrontation, but not as a B & E type of tool?

Some Friday night thoughts...

They do not have video of the suspect arriving or entering because the outside cameras were not working.

"Monday, April 18, 2016: 4:16 A.M. – Mrs. Bevers’ pickup truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot."

But the timeline indicates the arrival of MB car? Is the timeline wrong? Or am I misreading it?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Something else I have been thinking about why I do not think that this was an unplanned, untargeted attack...a robbery gone wrong, etc.

If this were true, why would the intruder be walking around already armed with a hammer? Thieves, in my mind, get in and get out -- and wouldn't keep one hand encumbered with some sort of weapon, particularly a hammer.

A thief would have picked this time and location because he believed the church would be unpopulated; why, then, would he bother carrying a weapon that could serve him in a confrontation, but not as a B & E type of tool?

Right, and suspect was on camera in the church for 30 minutes before Missy walks in, then 15 minutes later the first participant arrives, IIRC in the lot, then 25 minutes later the first 911 call. An hour and 10 minutes suspect was in the building before 911 call, not sure how long inbetween finding her and the call was places. jmo

Also, IMO, suspicious. Along with some other factors that seem too good to be true, what are the possibilities of the outside cams just "not working" that day? I am, of course, sure that LE has looked into that -- how long the outside cams had been malfunctioning, turned off, or if they were dummy cams, which the church wouldn't want broadcasted.

I've often wondered if the cameras did catch more and police are keeping it confidential. Not sure ..but I would think that LE Keeps some info to themselves. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Monday, April 18, 2016: 4:16 A.M. – Mrs. Bevers’ pickup truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot."

But the timeline indicates the arrival of MB car? Is the timeline wrong? Or am I misreading it?

A possibility - the SWFA cameras detect a vehicle pullonging into and around the COC parking lot. MB gets out and enters church where interior camera picks her up walking.

A possibility - the SWFA cameras detect a vehicle pulling into and around the COC parking lot. MB gets out and enters church where interior camera picks her up walking.

Either a camera from the nearby SWFA store recorded her pickup coming in the lot, or perhaps an inside camera was triggered and recorded her pickup. She was parked very close to the glass entry doors. Perhaps the suspect movement triggered the camera.

Hi all,

Why do you think a claw hammer can't be used as a B&E tool?

I'm not really sure on the gloves - they just appear to be elbow length brown rubber gloves & I shouldn't have said welding gloves I guess. :)

I don't believe a gun was used.

here's an image of how the gloves appear to me but in the video they are brown

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...cleaning-neoprene-gloves_60075938072.html?s=p

or like these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-5-Inch-L...e966ac4&pid=100005&rk=5&rkt=6&sd=192037243856

I thought we settled this matter of the gloves many moons ago. They are tactical gloves. Rubber gloves must fit tightly to stay on. Easy to snag a hole in them, too. We could see the outline of their hand if SP wore tight fitting rubber gloves. SP had no need for welder's gloves.

As WannaBDetective mentioned, welder's gloves are heavy and fireproof. SP is dressed in SWAT gear; not necessarily in welder's attire.
It is interesting about your thoughts that SPs gloves may be elbow length. :thinking:

I agree, I wonder where this camera is bbm

"There’s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,” Johnson said.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Po...idlothian-Murder-Investigation-376269831.html

snipped from media/timeline thread.

• Monday, April 18, 2016: 3:50 A.M. – Suspect first appears on video surveillance camera at Creekside Church of Christ
• Monday, April 18, 2016: 4:16 A.M. – Mrs. Bevers’ pickup truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot.

Her vehicle is seen on surveillance driving into the lot, yet suspects is not?

Is the camera that sees a car parked in the distance the same camera that sees her vehicle drive into the lot that doesn't see suspects vehicle drive in.?

It was a reflection of the perp's car or someones car through a window at the church

Most churches are closed on Friday's since they work weekends. If they have people working on Friday, it's usually office staff...all that to say majority of the churches I know have their cleaning crews come in Friday. JMO

--
Hi Janesmith...For some reason, my computer is being wonky about quoting other members. Weird. Anyhow...

I am not sure if you're thinking of smaller churches. Perhaps not. But, FWIW, churches like CCOC typically have cleaning staff daily due to the constant flow of events, meetings, classes and activities in the church, 6-7 days a week. Looking at Creekside, it's busy almost every day with groups and meetings. Also, members hold private family events at the church. Of course, weddings are held, funerals, baptisms, on and on...

I think the office is closed only on Fridays. I am from New England and growing up my church was unassuming and old-fashioned. When I moved to North Carolina at one point, I accompanied a friend to church. It was like no church I had ever seen or imagined. Large, beautiful, modern, and an active hub for the community. I called it a "TV church." I saw many in parts of the South.

I pulled a link from the CCOS site just to show a view of their Sunday worship service. As an aside, while the adults are in service on Sundays, there are children's groups, nursery care, and teen groups. If there is ever a day a cleaning is needed....:)

http://www.creeksidecc.com/gatherings/

Is it OK to post this link? I am never quite sure.

Sorry should've clarified...most churches have a maintenance person that will do cleaning and stuff, but then have a cleaning crew that comes in and does a mass cleaning on certain days. My point in that original post was I doubt they'd be cleaning between 3-5a and I don't think it was someone cleaning who killed her.

2 grounds areas they searched with ATF K9 (video from Kerry Sanders Today Show) the very front of church and area I think may be where picnic table are (from someones photos prior) http://www.today.com/video/feds-joi...-bevers-texas-fitness-instructor-670661699846
View attachment 108612
Finally figured out where the white wall was lol Can see the wall across street and the yellow guide wires for visual placement
View attachment 108613 View attachment 108614View attachment 108615

From Google Earth can see fence. So they searched the whole property it seems. Still jmho clearing for the prayer service that was posted by church at 1:18 pm View attachment 108616

I'm not clear on where the picnic tables are located, but the first picture in your post appears to be the treed area between the two parking lot wings north of the church. That area and the roadside area could both be considered potential areas of egress for the killer. With what little video is available to us, there's no way to know if the dog was used to search the entire church grounds.

Are you thinking that the perp left on foot and was met in another location after the murder?

Yes. They could have had a car parked out back. Noone would have seen it. If the campers always park in a certain place then the suspect knew they could park out back and leave while they are entering. I think IMO that the murder was happening while the first camper was in their car. Even possible they heard the campers entering and exited out the back. They could leave in a car because everyone would have been on the opposite side of the building.

Respectfully snipped for space.
I have always thought that LE removed the door handle for evidence. MPD said that SP broke glass in door and reached in to open door. Hopefully they have something traceable from that, the tools and other things around the church.

I was thinking, IF all that attire was not brand new, very possible that they can get something useful. I have also pondered the setting someone up angle too. WHO or WHY? Not a clue.
Also remember on the back where the NE doors were busted? What appears to be boot prints? We had thought maybe was from workers. I curious if maybe that is from the products that Ellis Cty CSI unit used to get prints? Possible jmho View attachment 108605

Shoe prints and tool marks are of evidentiary value only if they have shoes and tools to compare them with.

I believe the timeline says the suspect is first seen on camera at 3:50 am and MB arrives at 4:18 am. LE specifically states they do not know what time the suspect arrived at the church, that they may have spent some time there in the church off camera.

JMHO I thinking the 4:18 is a misspeak/typo it was also the date. So could have been misread. That was stated on 4/18 press conf by Capt Spann and in iirc 2 early search warrants (truck on 4/18 and the iPhone/iPad extraction on 4/19) By Friday 4/22 the MPD posted the Updated Timeline and said 4:20 MB entered. I think there is also a typo of 5:06 911 call in the SW too as the Updated states two at 5:00. 5:07 the FB arrived. JMHO

I agree, I wonder where this camera is bbm

"There’s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,” Johnson said.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Po...idlothian-Murder-Investigation-376269831.html

snipped from media/timeline thread.

• Monday, April 18, 2016: 3:50 A.M. – Suspect first appears on video surveillance camera at Creekside Church of Christ
• Monday, April 18, 2016: 4:16 A.M. – Mrs. Bevers’ pickup truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot.

Her vehicle is seen on surveillance driving into the lot, yet suspects is not?

Is the camera that sees a car parked in the distance the same camera that sees her vehicle drive into the lot that doesn't see suspects vehicle drive in.?

JMHO they have the information of driving in from SWFA cameras. (ligts from distance turning right into one and only drive. I also believe they probably have Suspect turning into drive also. As well as campers and FB/PD. It was dark

I believe the hypothesis is MBs truck headlights might have triggered a camera inside. Also, her truck might have been seen entering on a surveillance camera at a nearby business. Someone correct me if needed. JMHO

I was typing along with Mimi:)

-----
Sorry should've clarified...most churches have a maintenance person that will do cleaning and stuff, but then have a cleaning crew that comes in and does a mass cleaning on certain days. My point in that original post was I doubt they'd be cleaning between 3-5a and I don't think it was someone cleaning who killed her.

The discussion began in terms of how clean the Church was at TOD in an effort to determine how much cross contamination to expect. When was the last time the floors were buffed and bathrooms sanitized?

There was never speculation that a member of the Church's cleaning crew murdered Missy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper