TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can it be random to go to a church at 4am and wait for someone to show up so you can beat them with a hammer, I see an angry older out of shape man pacing around waiting to release everything on MB when she shows up. The one thing that sticks out to me about this case besides the video is the MIL being so angry at MB for not being careful, can't find the video anymore at CBS 11 Dallas, but it was shocking.

Oh, she said she was upset about Missy not being careful, but she didn’t like Missy working, she didn’t like her being a fitness trainer in particular, and I really got a feeling from BB’s family that Missy got what she deserved.

I’ve mentioned this before, but BB’s stepmother got more likes/comments/sympathy on her post about her little dog dying than she did on her post about Missy’s murder.

QUICK POLL

Thumbs up if you think Missy's murder was targeted, somebody she knew did this

QUICK POLL

Thumbs up if you think Missy's murder was NOT targeted, she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It could be either targeted or random. Right now I'm leaning toward the killer being there for another reason (vandalism?) and Missy shows up - that is, untargeted. The SP may have not even intended to kill her but rather to incapacitate her so he could leave without her getting something like a license plate or calling 911. But then anything is still on the table at this point.

I agree, but I think it was burglary, not vandalism. Church burglary is incredibly common. Burglars know that churches are easy targets. They generally have minimum security, they store money and valuables, and usually no one is anywhere around them at 4 AM. This was the exception.

How can it be random to go to a church at 4am and wait for someone to show up so you can beat them with a hammer, I see an angry older out of shape man pacing around waiting to release everything on MB when she shows up. The one thing that sticks out to me about this case besides the video is the MIL being so angry at MB for not being careful, can't find the video anymore at CBS 11 Dallas, but it was shocking.

You are assuming that they were waiting for someone to show up. If it wasn't for MB's class, no one would have shown up at 4 AM. The church staff would have showed up at 7 or 8 AM and found a lot of damage and the burglar would have been long gone.

I agree, but I think it was burglary, not vandalism. Church burglary is incredibly common. Burglars know that churches are easy targets. They generally have minimum security, they store money and valuables, and usually no one is anywhere around them at 4 AM. This was the exception.

There was plenty of time to take things but the person did not ! The dress up person in the video that we have watched numerous times makes a pathetic mark on some doors with the tools he or she had. Why didnt they go to the church office and take things from there? Why didnt they take the time to search each room for anything valuable? The sp walked through each room quickly. Even LE stated that the sp spent a long time in the kitchen, why? A burglary does not make sense in this case at all!

BB's complete statement as given to CrimeOnline:

“My family’s story….

Well, we all have good days, and bad. The children are not terribly fond of apprehending this person. They don’t want to revisit those emotions-they have told me this. They see/hear the daily anxiety I have in finding this person, and I think they are tired of the mentality this puts our day to day life in. They want normalcy, and happiness. I want justice, but I too fear the reality of bringing this case/person to trial and the emotional uncertainty that may go with it.So you have to ask yourself, do you bang your head on the wall everyday with this? Do you allow the unsolved aspect of this to infiltrate your thoughts- put yourself in a foul state of mind every day when you have three kids to focus on?

Starting 2018, I’m done allowing this uncertainty to control me this way. I will leave the head banging, and brain rot to the investigators. Trust me when I say they are qualified. I have spent most of this time feeling my responsibility to Missy was to find this person- That’s just not realistic. My duty to Missy is to memorialize her life, and that is exactly what I will do for her, and the children’s sake. She deserves this for all that she has contributed in our lives. I’m done talking about this investigation, theories, etc… I wish all of the whack job social media stuff would go to hell. Why do these people not realize they have left a door open for my children to peer into one day? How damaging could this be? No factual basis for all of the speculation whatsoever!

This behavior has not left Missy the real legacy she deserves- particularly in my children’s eyes.From this point forward, the only thing I will discuss is “who” Missy was. Her contributions to my life, the children, this family, and numerous other people that she loved. You bet I loved her. I know without a doubt she loved me. Don’t you see the real value in this? There is no value in discussing events that led up to her murder, or to speculate if she was targeted and why. What if the perp enjoys listening to all of this rhetoric? What this person needs to hear is “who” they took from us. The Mother, The Wife, The Daughter, Sister, Friend, etc…

These topics are more relevant and purposeful than anything else as far as logic is concerned.The activity surrounding this investigation is best left to the investigators. They have way more concrete information that isn’t up for discussion, or for sale.

Yes, you can share this. Its all I have to say right now.

Thank You,
Brandon Bevers

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/12/...nd-is-done-talking-about-missy-bevers-murder/

Sorry, this makes him look guilty. Something does NOT add up.

If I remember correctly, from day one, BB did not consider that there was any threat to any member of his family following this strange murder. I continue to find this...for the sake of TOS... odd.

It speaks volumes to me.

I believe 100% Missy was killed intentionally, and I believe BB knows or has strong suspicions about who did it. I'm not saying he had anything to do with it - just that I think he knows who did.

"The children are not terribly fond of apprehending this person." Really? REALLY? They'd rather live every day not knowing and worrying if they could be next? There's no way.

I found that odd too. Why would they feel safe until he was caught? Unless it's someone they love/do not fear/are in denial about.

I believe 100% Missy was killed intentionally, and I believe BB knows or has strong suspicions about who did it. I'm not saying he had anything to do with it - just that I think he knows who did.

"The children are not terribly fond of apprehending this person." Really? REALLY? They'd rather live every day not knowing and worrying if they could be next? There's no way.

BBM: The bolded above is so beyond strange to me. Makes absolutely no sense at all.

Why on earth would family members not want the murderer of their loved one and mother not be held accountable for her murder.

It's kind of like the investigation is an aggravation to them. WTH?

Sorry, this makes him look guilty. Something does NOT add up.

Exactly, it does reinforce my opinion that he knows and/or was involved or someone close to him is involved and he just wants it to all go away so he can move on.

Exactly, it does reinforce my opinion that he knows and/or was involved or someone close to him is involved and he just wants it to all go away so he can move on.

BB has acted weird from day one.

If it was burglary, it was a poorly thought out burglary. Pouring rain, wasted time just meandering around in a SWAT outfit, not actually taking anything, no vehicle parked just outside so that stolen items could be easily loaded into it. No hurry to hit and run in order to avoid being caught by anyone arriving early at the church.

I agree with you on why she was likely angry. I also think it supports that her belief(at least at the time) that this was targeted.

In responding to the poll question, I absolutely believe this was targeted. I haven't followed this case as closely as many of you(at least on WS and FB groups, etc.) but it would be a pretty big coincidence for this to have been untargeted. I think BB is likely putting words in his kids mouths, or has planted the idea in their head that finding the killer would make their lives even worse. I can't imagine they will feel that way as adults even if they claim to feel that way now.

I've never heard of a single soul who wouldn't want their loved ones killer identified and brought to justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that BB most likely is putting those words into the children's minds and mouths. I think it is actually BB who doesn't want the murderer caught. He would really just like for it all to just end and let him start his life anew. JMO

There was plenty of time to take things but the person did not ! The dress up person in the video that we have watched numerous times makes a pathetic mark on some doors with the tools he or she had. Why didnt they go to the church office and take things from there? Why didnt they take the time to search each room for anything valuable? The sp walked through each room quickly. Even LE stated that the sp spent a long time in the kitchen, why? A burglary does not make sense in this case at all!

I suspect that after he killed MB he aborted the burglary and concentrated on getting out of there as fast as possible. That's why nothing was taken. From the limited videos that have been released, it's impossible to know how long he spend searching each room. The video only shows highly edited video of him walking in the halls. Please provide your source for the information that he didn't take time to search each room, and that he walked through the rooms quickly. To the best of my knowledge that is information that has not been released. As for the amount of time he spent in the kitchen, I would have to know how much time he spent in there. To the best of my knowledge, that is not information that has been released.

If it was burglary, it was a poorly thought out burglary. Pouring rain, wasted time just meandering around in a SWAT outfit, not actually taking anything, no vehicle parked just outside so that stolen items could be easily loaded into it. No hurry to hit and run in order to avoid being caught by anyone arriving early at the church.

Generally most criminals don't think there crimes out very well. If they did think it out, they could probably come up with a legal way of getting the money. So I don't necessarily disagree about that. As for him not being in a hurry, if MB's class was not going on, he could have spent a couple of more hours there and been out of there before it got light.

I don't follow this thread as much as the rest of you here but, I doubt imo that someone wanting to do a burglary is not
going to dress up in such bulky cumbersome clothing. I find that as odd as the husbands comments...

I feel this person had a mission in mind and went and completed it...

Hopefully somebody will mess up along the way and their identity will be found out.

eta: i'm agreeing with your post btw

While it very well might be a burglary, I would take issue with your statement that it was poorly thought out.

Pouring rain - statistics show that burglaries increase on rainy nights. Fewer police patrols because cops don't like to get wet.

Wasted time meandering around in SWAT outfit - why not waste time? It's 4 am in a church on a MON morning. There's no reason to hurry. No one will be there for hours. The SWAT outfit was thought out well no matter the motive, because it left all of us guessing.

Not actually taking anything - we know he took at least one thing. He took the unknown white rectangular object. He didn't take anything else because he thought he had time, and it turned out he didn't.

No vehicle parked just outside - but one was. A dark SUV was seen by a passerby leaving the church at 4:30, according to a December 2016 search warrant.

No hurry to hit and run - sounds like you're making the "wasted time" point again. The burglar would not expect anyone to be there for hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur