TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
squareandrabbet: I agree with you. That's why this is shocking and brutal. So IMO one, two or three shots maximum would have incapacitated Missy. Why go to the extent of these tools that you mentioned here. Even if there was a struggle (unless of course Missy was trying to grab the gun) shots being fired were enough. Also IMO if this were the case where the perp was surprised by Missy he/she (I still can't tell if its male or female) had a gun in one hand and the tool in the other. So its as if though the perp was either using both at the same time or had the hammer, ice pick or awl in their hand and then shot Missy. However, I could be wrong on this but I'm pretty sure LE initially said it may have been a burglary but nothing was taken so now they don't think so. But, how do we really know there was a struggle? I'm not convinced there was. My rationale is that if the perp was surprised by Missy the last thing the perp would want is for Missy to grab the tool and start defending herself with the tool so the perp shot her and then used the tool. It was deliberate over the top harm on Missy.
BIBM This is why I believe SP was there to commit the murder. I don't know who it is, but have had some thoughts.

Been following since this happened, and have missed posts, along the way. Your last line, really makes me feel this was deliberate and planned. I hope to see this solved. Back to lurking!

What stakes are we talking about here?
No prior record vs. some criminal past & being caught burglarizing church in Texas - nothing actually stolen (yet), some property damage done and either running away or politely waiting for cops to show up?
If you are hinting at why not just leave since there wasn't anything stolen and the odds at finding something to steal would take more time and effort than its worth then I see the point. Some property damage isn't a big deal in the scheme of things or the context rather in this scenario with this individual. I understand the perspective that some posters have suggested that the perp was surprised thats why it happened. IMO the only way Missy could really identify this individual was by their height. That's the only thing that's really visible. Other things like gait walk style limp can all be made up. So this individual could have just left and just fired a shot and Missy would stop pursuing if that's what happened. So like I said before this to me seems more than just an attempted burglary gone wrong.

Respectfully, I think @SteveS 's odds of 5% recognition possibility offer better betting odds.

Had Missy been a life long resident of the olde school Midlothian- before the Metroplex started to gobble it down and when local life revolved around rural ranches, the steel mill, small scale youth sports leagues and a handful of relatively small churches, I would go with your 50% recognition odds.

But....

That Midlothian vanished about 20 years ago. As Steve mentioned, the new and present Midlothian in an exburb of DFW. The ranches have been turned into housing developments with lots of new faces and alot of temporary residents. Thus, chances of personal recognition in the new Midlothian go down, way down.
However if Missy had lived all her life in the area it would still be in context like the small town rural sense that was there before. The newcomers could be identified from the residents from earliers times before urban sprawl happened. So I think the 50% may be correct if taken in context by longtime residents of the area.

So much speculation here over the years.

IMO it was a well planned and well covered up assassination of Missy.

Picked a time with no witnesses and made sure the job was done.

It was no accident.

Any LE investigator worth their salt knows where the arrows point but proving it is problematic.
I agree a lot of speculation but something's got to be correct. To a certain extent I can see your point that it was the perfect timing for an assassination. However, what may have not been considered is that a few minutes later the Gladiator class participants showed up. Anything could have happened with their arrival. They could have even arrived earlier than Missy for example, or Missy could have been late. What if she hadn't gone down to that area where the perp was and stayed where she was waiting for the participants to show up. Really anything could have happened. If it was an assassination it could have been done with less risk somewhere else especially when other people will arrive for certain, they could arrive earlier or she could arrive later maybe stopping for a coffee somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper