TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #48

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Churches are magnets for mass shootings because, like high schools, many lines intersect there. Not so much assassinations. They are often broken into in the middle of the night - so much so that it is barely a news story but you can rest assured that any church elder can tell you a story about it happening.

In my googling of "church prowler" I got lots and lots of results, enough that the search engine seems to have prioritized them as this little gem was right there in page one for me.

This is probably only tenuously on topic for this frustratingly cold seeming case but perhaps we can enjoy it. I assure you that every one of the five sentences that make up this article is better than the last - and the photos are a treat as well.

I appreciate all of the links you provided @evilwise. I wasn't necessarily asking where one would find such items to purchase though. I should have been more clear in my question. What I was referring to is where would the $$$ come from to pay for the entire outfit, how much would it have cost estimate, how would the youngster go to purchase the items and if online purchases how it would be possible to have delivery without drawing attention from a family member?

I appreciate all of the links you provided @evilwise. I wasn't necessarily asking where one would find such items to purchase though. I should have been more clear in my question. What I was referring to is where would the $$$ come from to pay for the entire outfit, how much would it have cost estimate, how would the youngster go to purchase the items and if online purchases how it would be possible to have delivery without drawing attention from a family member?
Like I said, the type of person I'm imagining is only emotionally an adolescent. They're probably actually in their mid to late 20s if not older. They probably have a low paying job and/or some kind of social security and while they would probably live with their parents, the parents give them abundant leeway in hopes that they may fully mature and start having a real life but instead they dress up in costumes from the Internet and break into churches - or did, they probably crawled way back inside their shell after the murder and by now are into some other weird creepy thing.

I'm one of the biggest proponents of the "<modsnip - NO NAMECALLING>" theory ...

I think you've nailed it. The fact <modsnip - NO NAMECALLING> perp stupidly murdered someone has put a massive blotch of evil on their Permanent Record that will always be there.

In fact, the most "noteworthy" thing in LP's existence is something that confines them - No one can ever know. What an awful fate. Now their whole life consists of hiding with their secret until they die, while it eats away at them every day. They have gained nothing, but instead life as they knew it is over.

And then there's their even bigger issue of what will happen to them when they face God in the life to come. Will they continue to keep their secret and be condemned to God's everlasting punishment? Being punished for wrongdoing in this world is bad, but avoiding consequences now in favor of waiting to be a sinner in the hands of an angry God, when your eternal fate is being announced, is too terrifying to even imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:
After the recent arrest in the Libby & Abby case I have renewed hope that there will one day be an arrest in Missy's case.
Me too. I have always felt the Perp was well known to Missy otherwise this killing was arranged by someone well known to Missy.

They seem to have covered their tracks well though. I would love to know if LE have any persons of interest and are still working on this daily or if this has been downgraded to a cold case now?

LE has not been specific on exactly where her body was found, but campers were there, as well as EMTs, so it's not exactly unknown. Over the years it has been said with some degree of reliability that it would have been in the far NW corner of the church somewhere, maybe in vicinity of where you turn the corner to go down the N-side hall. Maybe there at that intersection, or maybe not that far, or maybe farther to the north towards the NW entrance doors, but somewhere in there.

But anywhere in that area, it's very clear that there had been no one waiting to pounce on MB as she walked in the building. While we can't be sure, it's possible the loser perp didn't even see her or become aware of her entrance into the building until she was in that area where she was found, an area which not only intersects to a long hallway, but also has lots of doors to rooms in which perp could have been searching for loot before opening a door into the outer hall and thinking in a panic, "Oh my, someone is here, right in front of me, now what do I do?!"

The point being, to get to that NW area, it was a fairly long stroll, as she went essentially the length of the building -- from where she parked and then through 2 sets of doors and up a long hallway to where she was found.

That makes me think it was way more likely than not that loser perp was NOT waiting for her. During all the time before she happened to get to that NW area, she might have just turned around and gone the other way, at any time and for any reason. He would have had no way of knowing where she would go. (And if we want to assume he knew she was coming, we have to also assume he knew others were likely to soon follow, thereby knowing he only had a small window of time between when she might enter and when others might be there). That means there wasn't the luxury of waiting to see where she might go at random. Yet he wasn't there to attack her as she entered, or block her retreat back out the way she entered.

I can't prove what was in his head, of course. But I can say that his ACTIONS that night do not point to him lying in wait, and anticipating her arrival, and being ready with an ambush when she walked in the door, in any way. But his actions DO look like a loser perp trying to go through a big building and find the best things to steal.
This states she was found on the south west corner though? Which would be by the main entrance/bathrooms? I’m out of date on this case though, strange how if that’s true they didn’t get captured again on camera, unless it happened behind one of the doors I guess.

I guess if this part is true, I’m going to deduct(I’m going off memory and the floor plan on the previous page, and assuming the parts for SP at doors are where he looked inside/entered)

If thats true, and she was found by the bathroom/vestibule; All the rooms paused at surround said area.

JMO/all speculation.

ETA: if the avadivit is correct; I’d say a long stroll is incorrect and she never made it to the north side of the building.

Attachments

• 455F8710-EE1A-45A7-A5F9-878872FFCC35.png
    455F8710-EE1A-45A7-A5F9-878872FFCC35.png
    457.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Matt, you will get more (and different) info from the LE PC on day 1 (Mon Apr 18) whose transcript is in the media thread and which directly contradicts that affadavit, and you will find info on MB's movements inside the church from our Verified Insider in threads 45-46, where he provided knowledge for us for a time and where he explained what he knows about MB's movements in the church in relation to those contradictory items from LE.

Or perhaps another possibility..and this has been mentioned before..that the drive thru and park was nothing more than a quickie after bar closings. The time was right. And maybe no one fessed up because they didn't want to be caught...um with their pants down. Especially if it was someone married. Jmo
But the thing I see with that suggestion is why were they driving like that. I mean it was kind of a weird drive how the car itself was driven around the store's parking lot. I don't know I found it strange. Slowing, driving up, faster, direction, it was like there was no rhyme or reason to it is what I saw. There were some driving actions on that video that didn't make sense to me. It was unnerving, however, like if they weren't going to rob that store that night what were they doing? Waiting for someone to show up and no one did luckily for the person but bad for the driver of the Altima? Ok if they weren't going to rob the store then testing the car? Couldn't they test on a better night without the rain? If they were testing the car then wouldn't they be afraid that the car may have issues so better to stay home? Ya I don't think that it had to do with the Altima itself. It was something else, possibly sinister, robbery no, because it would have been robbed afterwards or that night. If it was sinister than for sure I think it could be related to MB's murder somehow. The fact that this person has never come forward also. So why hasn't LE been able to track the license plate? I think there may also be a reason for that its not a coincidence. If the person never came forward then I'm sure its likely they don't know who drove that Altima that night in the gun store parking lot.

I find it unnerving that even after a tower dump with the cellphones LE hasn't been able to narrow the list of suspects. Not faulting them here, did this perp know how LE operates and what they look for? Like how to avoid getting caught. Maybe that SWAT jacket was real. Someone affilliated with LE or the FBI? The route this perp took after killing Missy how did they pull that off? Ya, I understand its a highway and its easy to get away with almost no traffic. But even so what about traffic cams picking them up? Stolen license plate? No license plate? I wonder if the perp drove away, why no description of the car by LE so people coud identify it, if there was footage why not let the public know about it so the public could keep an eye out for it? So what did the perp walk into the woods or something. In the Delphi murders LE let out pertinant info why not here? Possibly because they didn't/don't have it. There is more to this than a simple robbery gone bad. IMO it is a sinister crime if it was an assasination would the perp harm Missy with the tools in hand that they had with them. Shoot and get out. If it was an assasination then wouldn't the perp wait where she would enter why the theatrics of vandalism. No this is more than that. Did this person not have a cellphone for a tower dump? Yeah so weird, nothing fits. Its like this perp wanted to fool everyone and by having knowledge that we don't maybe. Wouldn't the tower dump put the perp right there with Missy? So what happened to to that angle? Yeah, IMO LE doesn't have that info for this perp. IDK I hope they have DNA of this perp but I don't think so, somehow, I was hoping that the perp maybe went to the kitchen to eat but I don't hink so. The tools for vandalism maybe bu then thos gloves probably gave this perp a good grip on those tools so maybe not. Its not as simple as we want to believe and that's why LE hasn't said anything in years. I'm hoping I'm wrong, because sometimes we have have been surprised by LE's announcements that come out of the blue unexpectedly. I hope so its going onto 7 years now. Poor Missy and her loved ones. So sad.

Last edited:
One could say: just as senseless as the SP walked the church halls, the Altima drove senseless around the parking lot (blinking/starting/stopping/headlights off/on). Of course we know, there has to be some sense within these activities, but which exactly?? Whereas I believe, the SP seemed to have had a portion too much of "something", I don't think, the driver of the Altima was drunk. So, it must have been another person, probably.
To have chosen the wonderful illuminated parking spot at the end of his playful odyssee, doesn't at all make sense re a meeting for se.x, I think. For that, one could have chosen another, better place there. In addition to that, we saw some pics of the "inner life" of the car, and it didn't look, as if a pair celebrated a secret date. (Maybe, happened indeed while bored and waiting for some signal for leaving the parking lot at the end, but wasn't the reason for being there.) IMO + MOO

Ok if they weren't going to rob the store then testing the car? Couldn't they test on a better night without the rain? If they were testing the car then wouldn't they be afraid that the car may have issues so better to stay home? Ya I don't think that it had to do with the Altima itself.
Snipped.

If they were testing the car, it was probably because they encountered some kind of problem while driving, such as a problem with the defroster or with the traction control. It wouldn't have been a situation where they left home in order to test the car.

Testing the car and casing the store are both possibilities. Maybe they were casing the store with the intention of coming back on a different night but decided to pick a different target once news got around of Missy's murder (which would have led to an increased police presence in the area).

One could say: just as senseless as the SP walked the church halls, the Altima drove senseless around the parking lot (blinking/starting/stopping/headlights off/on). Of course we know, there has to be some sense within these activities, but which exactly?? Whereas I believe, the SP seemed to have had a portion too much of "something", I don't think, the driver of the Altima was drunk. So, it must have been another person, probably.
To have chosen the wonderful illuminated parking spot at the end of his playful odyssee, doesn't at all make sense re a meeting for se.x, I think. For that, one could have chosen another, better place there. In addition to that, we saw some pics of the "inner life" of the car, and it didn't look, as if a pair celebrated a secret date. (Maybe, happened indeed while bored and waiting for some signal for leaving the parking lot at the end, but wasn't the reason for being there.) IMO + MOO
I guess it could be that the Altima driver didn't want to be associated with the murder and didn't come forward, perhaps. But then again why hasn't LE found this Altima and the driver? That's what gets me, because if it wasn't so then LE would ask the public for tips on it. Another thing is IMO Altima's aren't that prevelant around. So how many could there be in the area? See these are the questions that don't make sense. With no answer more questions come to mind.

"But then again why hasn't LE found this Altima and the driver? That's what gets me, because if it wasn't so then LE would ask the public for tips on it. Another thing is IMO Altima's aren't that prevelant around. So how many could there be in the area?"

SW, It's simply not that easy. Or practical.

The number of 2010-2012 Altimas sold in the USA (per Nissan) was close to 800,000, and the info they have to limit the possibilities is so minimal. The car at SWFA that day could have been any one of those 800,000. How much manpower would it take to investigate all 800,000 one by one, to chase down the owner and then determine for sure where that car was on Apr 18, 2016 at 2 am, so they can be eliminated? It would take forever, using way more manpower than is even possible.

You can't just ask the current owner "Were you at SWFA that day" since whoever was there probably doesn't want you to know. You'd have to investigate each one.

A detective would work about 2000 hours in a year, so if you could clear 1 car each hour, it would take 40 work years (!!) to figure out all 800,000. And I seriously doubt most of the cars can be figured out in as little as an hour. Then, what do you do about the huge number who say "I have no idea. That's an odd date. I can't recall for sure."

Plus, if you ever find the car, then there's no guarantee it's even going to have been a car/owner that was relevant to the murder.

Any LE group simply can't afford to do that - when, with the same amount of time and resources, they can probably solve 1000s of other crimes instead of chasing this one questionable rabbit trail.

"But then again why hasn't LE found this Altima and the driver? That's what gets me, because if it wasn't so then LE would ask the public for tips on it. Another thing is IMO Altima's aren't that prevelant around. So how many could there be in the area?"

The number of 2010-2012 Altimas sold in the USA (per Nissan) was close to 800,000, and the info they have to limit the possibilities is so minimal. The car at SWFA that day could have been any one of those 800,000. How much manpower would it take to investigate all 800,000 one by one, to chase down the owner and then determine for sure where that car was on Apr 18, 2016 at 2 am, so they can be eliminated? It would take forever, using way more manpower than is even possible.

You can't just ask the current owner "Were you at SWFA that day" since whoever was there probably doesn't want you to know. You'd have to investigate each one.

A detective would work about 2000 hours in a year, so if you could clear 1 car each hour, it would take 40 work years (!!) to figure out all 800,000. And I seriously doubt most of the cars can be figured out in as little as an hour. Then, what do you do about the huge number who say "I have no idea. That's an odd date. I can't recall for sure."

Plus, if you ever find the car, then there's no guarantee it's even going to have been a car/owner that was relevant to the murder.

Any LE group simply can't afford to do that - when, with the same amount of time and resources, they can probably solve 1000s of other crimes instead of chasing this one questionable rabbit trail.
I wonder how many of those 800,000 Altimas are still plated and registered to addresses within, oh I dunno maybe even 100 miles of Midlothian? Although a savvy perp would have removed that circular decal by now, there are probably other unreleased identifying characteristics of the car that detectives might cruise by and check. Even if they found the car, that's far from solving the murder of course but it certainly provides a suspect to focus on.

I wonder how many of those 800,000 Altimas are still plated and registered to addresses within, oh I dunno maybe even 100 miles of Midlothian? Although a savvy perp would have removed that circular decal by now, there are probably other unreleased identifying characteristics of the car that detectives might cruise by and check. Even if they found the car, that's far from solving the murder of course but it certainly provides a suspect to focus on.

Sure it would be great IF they found THE Altima and could put that to bed. And it sounds as easy as "Just try and see." But again, VERY time consuming, just by the numbers.

Within 100 miles, using population and assuming those Altimas are evenly populated everywhere, it would be around 20,000 vehicles within that footprint. If you can do one drive-by per day, that's about 60 years (!) to do all of them.

I am also reminded that just one vehicle is way more of a mountain timewise than we might think. Years ago I had need to chase down the owner of a vehicle - and I had the license plate, so I could obtain the LISTED name and address of the owner. As I recall, it took me about 50 hours of trial-and-error and calling and driving just to find and confirm where the vehicle was, and then multiple trips to get to the owner. While I'm sure LE could do that more efficiently, it's still going to take quite a bit of time to get to each car.

And the problem is, it's a fool's errand, as there's no way to know that THE Altima is in that set, or whether it's in the other set of 780,000 you aren't checking and won't have the time to bother with (as if you had time to check 20,000).

Of course, they don't even know if that Altima was part of the case in the first place.

Trying that bit by bit on just the Altimas in Midlothian? I can see that, perhaps. That extrapolates population-wise down to about 100. Then again, maybe they've already gone down that trail and found nothing, since we have no idea what they are or aren't doing, frankly, nor what they are finding as they go.

IDK but does anyone think the Altima driver was testing the car's working condition. Why keep flipping the lights on and off? IMO two max three times would let one know a lot about the lights if that's what the driver was checking doing that. In that time while in the gun store parking lot IMO the driver over checked what they were checking by repeating the same actions more that two max three times with all the actions they did. Being prudent is one thing I suppose but a person could make sure what they were testing was fine without the same repeated actions at a certain point.

That's not exacly what I meant if the part of my post saying "in the area" is considered. Actually if one thinks about it in 2 years 800,000 cars over across the USA with the entire population of the country its actually not that many cars when put into perspective of eliminating ones in the area at the time. Plus I'm talking registration in the area. So IMO this car was not registered in the area. It may not have come up in DMV records if its information was correct.

That's not exacly what I meant if the part of my post saying "in the area" is considered. Actually if one thinks about it in 2 years 800,000 cars over across the USA with the entire population of the country its actually not that many cars when put into perspective of eliminating ones in the area at the time. Plus I'm talking registration in the area. So IMO this car was not registered in the area. It may not have come up in DMV records if its information was correct.

Already spoke to this above, but here it is again ...

If we assume the 2010-12 Altimas were distributed evenly according to population over the USA ...

USA - 800,000
Texas - 72,000
Within 100 miles of murder - 20,000 perhaps
Midlothian - 100

The Midlothian footprint and number is small enough that it could probably be justified to check out all the Altimas registered there as time permits. And perhaps that has been done, who knows?

The bigger groups, however, are just too daunting to justify undertaking such a needle-in-a-haystack task needing such a huge amount of manpower
1 Part of this is the sheer numbers.
2 It also is about the raw geography. The bigger the geographical footprint, then the more time it would take to travel back and forth in trying to investigate each and every car and its owner.
3 At the end of the day, even if you just pick the 20,000, you have no guarantee that the Altima at SWFA would be in the set of Altimas you are trying to investigate. And how many man-hours would have to be committed to just do that 20,000 (while you are still leaving the other 780,000 undone)?
4 You don't even know if the SWFA Altima had anything at all to do with the murder.

Already spoke to this above, but here it is again ...

If we assume the 2010-12 Altimas were distributed evenly according to population over the USA ...

USA - 800,000
Texas - 72,000
Within 100 miles of murder - 20,000 perhaps
Midlothian - 100

The Midlothian footprint and number is small enough that it could probably be justified to check out all the Altimas registered there as time permits. And perhaps that has been done, who knows?

The bigger groups, however, are just too daunting to justify undertaking such a needle-in-a-haystack task needing such a huge amount of manpower
1 Part of this is the sheer numbers.
2 It also is about the raw geography. The bigger the geographical footprint, then the more time it would take to travel back and forth in trying to investigate each and every car and its owner.
3 At the end of the day, even if you just pick the 20,000, you have no guarantee that the Altima at SWFA would be in the set of Altimas you are trying to investigate. And how many man-hours would have to be committed to just do that 20,000 (while you are still leaving the other 780,000 undone)?
4 You don't even know if the SWFA Altima had anything at all to do with the murder.
I'm talking the area of Midlothian. I didn't say check all across USA. DMV records are available to LE. If the case is as gruesome as it has been suggested then I think LE would use what resources they have to check that Altima, if they did use those resources then it may mean they don't have the information to give out to the public or announce something related to MB's case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member