TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The disguise was bulky and awkward. I doubt the suspect drove to the church in that wardrobe. I am betting they changed into the disguise somewhere. If they changed in the parking lot, they lucked out with the cameras outdoors not working. Question is did those cameras actually work or just there for a deterrent? If they normally work but didn't that day, maybe the burglar was employed by the church and knew those cameras didn't work. This as close as I go to a burglar. A possible church employer who knew the church well. Yet this fails to account for why the main offices weren't broke into then. Unless they were looking for something else? JMO

As good a theory as any.

Expanding on your theory, a former forum member with, imo good insights raised the possibility of a "Larper" (Live Action Role Playing).

Larpers create characters, costumes and participate in spontaneously scripted fantasy adventures with the like minded simply for entertainment, socialization, and personal creativity. I once saw a news story once on "Lord of the Rings" type larpers trapsing around a nearby nature area in my city.

Anyways....

The former member thought that the individual was solo Larping- but also had a "real world" position of prestige or respect in the community and / or had an employer who would not tolerate breaking and entering type arrests.

So.... they are solo larping with a destructive streak. Maybe fantasizing about being a powerful SWAT dude / chick. Instead of fleeing when she hears the larper, Missy goes to investigate. Fearing loss of job and shame (or both) the larper then attacks and kills her in a panic?
I replied to correct my original post, from "wanna cop" to "wanna be a cop", but it expanded your post and I can now see your reply above.

I wonder if this person ever did it before or after.

Jmo

The disguise was bulky and awkward. I doubt the suspect drove to the church in that wardrobe. I am betting they changed into the disguise somewhere. If they changed in the parking lot, they lucked out with the cameras outdoors not working. Question is did those cameras actually work or just there for a deterrent? If they normally work but didn't that day, maybe the burglar was employed by the church and knew those cameras didn't work. This as close as I go to a burglar. A possible church employer who knew the church well. Yet this fails to account for why the main offices weren't broke into then. Unless they were looking for something else? JMO
That lends to one of my wild theories. That it was dome specifically to highlight the limits of the security system in order to secure a more speedy one. There would have been enough damage by morning someone would have checked the cameras, seen how easily this person could get in, violate their protection and make the case for a bigger, better security package. Due to the rain, if they were aware of MB's class, they expected it to have been canceled. Would had left on their own before staff's arrival.

How that resulted in a murder, I can't explain, unless MB would have been able to identify the individual which would have ruined their job, standing, etc.

And now living with the guilt and shame of what they did and the very real pressure of worrying they'll be found out.

And if ever there is that arrest, no one would believe the person capable of it.

JMO

As good a theory as any.

Expanding on your theory, a former forum member with, imo good insights raised the possibility of a "Larper" (Live Action Role Playing).

Larpers create characters, costumes and participate in spontaneously scripted fantasy adventures with the like minded simply for entertainment, socialization, and personal creativity. I once saw a news story about "Lord of the Rings" type larpers trapsing around a nearby nature area in my city.

Anyways....

The former member thought that the individual was solo Larping- but also had a "real world" position of prestige or respect in the community and / or had an employer who would not tolerate Breaking and Entering type arrests.

So.... the perpertrater is solo LARPing with a destructive streak. Maybe fantasizing about being a powerful SWAT dude / chick. Instead of fleeing when she hears the Larper, Missy goes to investigate. Fearing loss of job and shame (or both) the larper then attacks and kills Missy in a panic?
My biggest gripe with that is that LARPers want to be seen and are overly theatrical.

This person wasn’t pretending to be a cop at all. Didn’t have police weapons out, wasn’t using their hands to make imaginary rifles, wasn’t pretending to clear rooms, wasn’t pretending to apprehend imaginary people.

In all ways shapes and forms, this person was doing the exact opposite of what a LARPer would do.

That lends to one of my wild theories. That it was dome specifically to highlight the limits of the security system in order to secure a more speedy one. There would have been enough damage by morning someone would have checked the cameras, seen how easily this person could get in, violate their protection and make the case for a bigger, better security package. Due to the rain, if they were aware of MB's class, they expected it to have been canceled. Would had left on their own before staff's arrival.

How that resulted in a murder, I can't explain, unless MB would have been able to identify the individual which would have ruined their job, standing, etc.

And now living with the guilt and shame of what they did and the very real pressure of worrying they'll be found out.

And if ever there is that arrest, no one would believe the person capable of it.

JMO
A very real possibility. Given this theory, I would wonder if anyone employed by the church stayed for awhile, but eventually left and maybe had a complete personality change. This person may have had some attempted suicides or a successful suicide. Just some food for thought with your theory. JMO

Maybe the killer was on probation and knew if they got caught doing anything illegal they would be in really big trouble. Also, being caught wearing the fake police uniform wouldn't be good for them either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LDowden72
Back