TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter has 2. One assigned to her for work and one personal.
My new cell phone has two slots for 2 sim cards. Its becoming quite common. Work/business sims. An American sim and a foreign sim

I am not an expert, but I have heard a few discussions about how this technology works. Essentially, if the StingRay is a way to "tap" a person's cell phone by acting as a conduit between the cell phone and the tower and intercepting the calls and data transmitted.

Well that's gonna be controversial. Basically LE will be able to intercept everyone in the Midlothian area cell phone data including texts, while they try to pin it down to Missy's murderer. That's if the perp hasn't already disposed of that cell phone.

I wonder if local news will alert the community that their cell phone use is now being investigated. Even when one has nothing to hide, and I'm sure the entire area wants Missy's killer found, it's concerning to say the least.

I was wondering the same thing.

Well, after I thought about it for a few minutes longer I remembered that some calls were actually traced to pay phones. So... maybe they (NYPD) were successful in that instance. Not sure about the phones/calls of other victims.

What does BB do for a living or is he on medical leave for his health? Speaking of health, what is wrong with him?

I used to have this as well. It's quite common. But BB worked for his family. Usually executives don't have to go the 2 phone route--at least the companies I have worked for.

Hi gang!! :)

I've been so crazy busy with school but I've checked in as much as I could throughout the day. I see that NYPD is helping with cell phone pings....that's interesting news! I wonder when they got here?!

Did I miss anything else that happened? Is MPD going to be taking the weekend off again? :waiting:

Well that's gonna be controversial. Basically LE will be able to intercept everyone in the Midlothian area cell phone data including texts, while they try to pin it down to Missy's murderer. That's if the perp hasn't already disposed of that cell phone.

I wonder if local news will alert the community that their cell phone use is now being investigated. Even when one has nothing to hide, and I'm sure the entire area wants Missy's killer found, it's concerning to say the least.

It's the old Kitchen Sink strategy.

Been thinking about this. Usually if you work for a company you are assigned a cell phone for business, as I have personally experienced, so it makes sense but if you are part owner of your own family owned company, it doesn't make sense to me to have separate phones.

Been thinking about this. Usually if you work for a company you are assigned a cell phone for business, as I have personally experienced, so it makes sense but if you are part owner of your own family owned company, it doesn't make sense to me to have separate phones.
Yes! And usually, even in big companies, they are more lenient with VPs and other executives than the front line folks, so 2 phones are not needed.

Stingray Tracking Devices: Who's Got Them?

Following the map is a list of the federal agencies known to have the technology. The ACLU has identified 65 agencies in 24 states and the District of Columbia that own stingrays, but because many agencies continue to shroud their purchase and use of stingrays in secrecy, this map dramatically underrepresents the actual use of stingrays by law enforcement agencies nationwide.

These tracking devices are all over the place.

https://www.aclu.org/map/stingray-tracking-devices-whos-got-them

except IMO the killer didn't have a body build/big belly like that.
I agree 100%. The similarities in the walk are there, but the body is all wrong for it to be RB. Also I think they were in another state at the time of the attack? Jmo

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm honestly wondering where this is going as well. No offense to our sweet victim, Missy, but this is a lot of BIG manpower being put in for a single homicide case in a "small" Texas town. I'm trying to determine if I've ever heard of it before. Other than "calling my buddy down at *insert big LE Agency* to see if he can help" but that requires agency chain of command approval bc of their own caseload as well as jurisdiction (NYPD at least) etc. I really feel there is more. Am I alone?

ETA: IMO

IMO I agree. Can't help but think there is something more going on here than what we know. And this "BIG Manpower" was put into action immediately after the crime.

Hi gang!! :)

I've been so crazy busy with school but I've checked in as much as I could throughout the day. I see that NYPD is helping with cell phone pings....that's interesting news! I wonder when they got here?!

Did I miss anything else that happened? Is MPD going to be taking the weekend off again? :waiting:

:seeya: Looks like you are caught up with everything. AFAIK, the NYPD helping with cell phones is the only new news. No announcement this weekend that MPD is taking off again.

<modsnip>

To me, this sounds more like stolen phones (IMO,MOO, etc. etc. etc). Usually burners are purchased from real stores. I have used one when traveling to areas where I don't want to pay the international rates--such as Guatemala. You just buy a cheap local phone knowing you will dispose of it on your way out.

Yes! And usually, even in big companies, they are more lenient with VPs and other executives than the front line folks, so 2 phones are not needed.

I know a lot of people with 2 phones (work/personal) so it didn't strike me as odd.

I used to have this as well. It's quite common. But BB worked for his family. Usually executives don't have to go the 2 phone route--at least the companies I have worked for.

It could be his minor daughter's phone in a contract under his name.

What does BB do for a living or is he on medical leave for his health? Speaking of health, what is wrong with him?

I don't know if he is on some kind of medical leave or not, but on FB he has that he is the Vice President of Tucker Oil & Fuel. I have only seen that he was having some gut problems.

I can guarantee that that boat had a radio that could communicate to shore. Any emergency news would have been communicated to the charter boat as soon as the owners received a call from the family.

Yep, most off-shore marine vessels have ship to shore radio capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003