TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder, and i wonder, i'm not leaning on this but IF the perp did record the murder on their cellphone, would that lead to a theory that maybe this was a "hit" and the person (s) ordering it wanted to see proof.......

I think proof would be her funeral. Not worth the risk.

I am still wondering why BB has 2 phones????

I envy him -- all counted, I have 5 phone numbers right now. Not bragging, in the least -- three are dedicated numbers for work, and of the remainder, only one of the two is really a personal number. I hate it.

No you are not alone. It really is food for thought isn't it?

Yes, you are absolutely correct. This does seem to be much more involved with the "big guys" than most other cases I've followed. Trying to figure that out.

I think proof would be her funeral. Not worth the risk.

Well now you have ruined the "bring the head back" scenario. I'm still thinking that someone wanted to see proof before they got -<modsnip>, so to speak.

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20...riminals-through-facebook-instragram-photos/#

So NYPD uses state of the art technology to study facial images & runs them through databases to identify a perp. If this is why Midlo is bringing in NYPD for their expertise in this realm it would be because the killer is a hired hitman. Not local; hired & they expect this hired murderer to have a rap sheet.

And I will speculate further by saying Midlo LE has a pretty good idea of who arranged for this & their motive. They just need to tie it all together in a bow by identifying the assassin to make the arrest.

Moo

Did you guys figure this whole thing out yet??

I'm stuck in a cycle of reading and catching up.

LOL, I must say you are trying very hard to ruin my knowledge of "Criminal Minds" episodes. You can activate a burner phone from any phone created, even from a "phone booth", yeah I did say that. Are there any public phones left? LOL.

I got one burner from walmart for 9.99 and it came with 300 free minutes. The guy at the electronics portion of the store where I bought it called to activate it for me. Same thing one day at Target (19.99 and 500 free minutes). I had left my real phone at home (grr) and needed a phone for our trip. Target guest services activated it for me.

No ID needed, no other phone number required, nothing to tie me to it on the surface. If I were to commit a crime and they traced my steps, they'd see me buying it in the stores, but I'm legit. Forgetful, but legit.

Things may have changed in the last year and half, so by now, maybe the free minutes activation require some sort of ID. There will always be bad people who can con someone else to buy one for them, but THAT would still be traceable to the buyer and hopefully that buyer wouldn't have done it for a stranger.

We had someone con strangers into using their phones (so he could call and harass us without caller ID showing his number) to try and circumvent the restraining order against him. I called back every single number and told them what they did and it freaked out quite a few. I doubt they'll do future favors for any stranger who OBVIOUSLY look like a tweaker meth-head after this one. I was amazed at the straight and honest business people he got to do this for him - he looked like a bad guy and listening to him you could tell he wasn't an honest person. Some used the business phones where they worked - that was interesting when I called them back.

Who made the 911 call, do we know?

-Nin

NIN!! Welcome friend!! :dance:

ETA: There were 2 made and we don't know who made them yet except they are assumed to be exercise members of her class that found her.

At 1:47 on the clip, the perp opens a door and walks into a hall where he/she starts hacking away at glass or wallboard. Is this particular camera recording this not motion activated? The recording starts about 3 seconds or so before the door is even opened, so a motion activated camera shouldn't start recording until the movement of the door opening activated it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSWD1TvaGZ4&feature=youtu.be

I never noticed that!!! Great catch. Anybody?

Ugh :facepalm:

It could simply be a souvenir. There was a murder here last year where the perp was charged based on the evidence on his phone before they'd found the body. He had taken photos of his victim's body. He had some intellectual impairments.

Yes, you are absolutely correct. This does seem to be much more involved with the "big guys" than most other cases I've followed. Trying to figure that out.

I wonder - PURE SPECULATION - if the perp left something that was supposed to blow up? A bomb at a church might bring in some big agencies.

Or, the trouble with the stolen guns that was posted here...perhaps the manpower is limited locally right now because of that case, and perhaps the big agencies are already in town because of that internal case.

??

Total wild guesses to put on the table. It does seem strange that one woman's murder in a small town would attract so many LE agencies. JMO

Did you guys figure this whole thing out yet??

I'm stuck in a cycle of reading and catching up.

Yeah, me too! lol! Just jump in! It's the only way to keep up. No, I don't have this thing figured out yet, but there are some good posters who have I believe.

I don't think the perp is necessarily their big prize. I'm not really seeing a reason for all these agencies to get involved in someone killed over love/money, like even with the Mansion Murders involving payment of a ransom, multiple murders miles away from the Vice President's home and a suspect fleeing to another state, I don't think there were that many agencies involved in that, so I'm thinking there's some big fish to fry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892