TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
List of names mentioned in the warrants for AT&T and LinkedIn:

Missy Bevers
Brandon Bevers - Missy's husband
Randy Bevers - Brandon's dad
Vikki Bevers - Brandon's stepmom
Casey Williams - man who MB was flirting with online, also a fitness instructor
AJ Tucker - fellow CG trainer and friend of MB, in Austin with her prev week
Courtney Tucker - wife of AJ, mom of 4, broke foot last year
Kevin Cozine - parent of one of the Bever kids friends, poss fishing buddy
Michele Cozine - wife of Kevin
W Houtz - not known whether Wendy or Wayne - family/personal friend of BB

I thought KC & MC were in her class that morning? He teaches spin class in town at 5am, so I don't think he was fishing. JMO. As for the Tucker's, I don't think it's brother Tucker bc of how it's listed. The spouses are paired together & locally we know CT was questioned (no one has to take my word, but I standby my statement).

I thought KC & MC were in her class that morning? He teaches spin class in town at 5am, so I don't think he was fishing. JMO. As for the Tucker's, I don't think it's brother Tucker bc of how it's listed. The spouses are paired together & locally we know CT was questioned (no one has to take my word, but I standby my statement).

I think you're right on both counts, but I edited my post already so if you want to delete mine feel free

It's crazy to watch people's fb profiles with their updates/posts.. It's like Missy wasn't even murdered to some. Just chugging along - if I was on any warrant or list- I don't think I'd be posting much at all...

BBM--unfortunately, this is something that sleuthers fall prey to pretty often:

substituting 'my personal experience' for 'statistics'.

(My BF had a white iPhone. But that doesn't mean I think my personal experience is more or less relevant than yours.)

You're right, ArianeEmory. We should all base our theories on only the statistics so we all come up with the exact same theories over and over!

I think you're right on both counts, but I edited my post already so if you want to delete mine feel free

Yeah, I just checked my sources. Neither of them were Camper #1, but he does teach spin in town at 5am and for whatever reason, they are the list. They were not on the trip and family members I know didn't recognize the name. They felt it was strictly a fitness business relationship or from children the same age. Thanks for putting the list together! :)

It's crazy to watch people's fb profiles with their updates/posts.. It's like Missy wasn't even murdered to some. Just chugging along - if I was on any warrant or list- I don't think I'd be posting much at all...

I was thinking the same thing!

List of names mentioned in the warrants for AT&T and LinkedIn:

M Bevers
B Bevers - Missy's husband
R Bevers - Brandon's dad
V Bevers - Brandon's stepmom
Casey Williams - man who MB was flirting with online, also a fitness instructor
AJ Tucker - fellow CG trainer and friend of MB, in Austin with her prev week
C Tucker - wife of AJ. EDIT: or could be BB's brother Chad
K Cozine - parent of one of the Bever kids friends
M Cozine - wife of Kevin
W Houtz - not known whether Wendy or Wayne

EDITED to remove first names as only initials were given in the warrant (except for Casey Williams)

Not really an important detail, but I noticed that "AJ" has his name as "Aj" on Facebook (and elsewhere). Since I'm reading it so often here, I'm just curious if he's called "Aj", as in "ahj" or "age" or if it's really, "A." "J."?

I'm so late to this and I haven't read through all the threads. Have you all discussed why the murderer wore SWAT gear? The person in the video looks kinda "stooped" and not light on their feet. Maybe they chose the SWAT gear as a way of getting close enough to MB ?"Watch out miss, there's a robber on the loose"? Using a hammer to knock her out before she could kick their butt? If it was someone she knew well, they would need to be disguised...Maybe that's why they chose the bazaar outfit?

I guess the only two things I can think of is one jealousy/anger, money (wonder if she had a life insurance policy, and how much financial stress they truly had?

I'm so late to this and I haven't read through all the threads. Have you all discussed why the murderer wore SWAT gear? The person in the video looks kinda "stooped" and not light on their feet. Maybe they chose the SWAT gear as a way of getting close enough to MB ?"Watch out miss, there's a robber on the loose"? Using a hammer to knock her out before she could kick their butt? If it was someone she knew well, they would need to be disguised...Maybe that's why they chose the bazaar outfit?

IMO: I think SWAT gear was used for several reasons 1) as a disguise and 2) to be able to eliminate having to chase Missy around that mouse trap of a building, should she flee. She would have most likely seen some of the doors opened so an officer wouldn't be care for concern- his presence could be justified.

I agree with you. I would close down Facebook or otherwise put it on its most private setting. For example, i have chosen the Facebook setting that doesn't even show to the public that I am on Facebook. Why wouldn't these people do that? And then I can't understand people posting things as if life is normal in their neck of the woods when they have been named on a warrant or are closely related to what's going on ... Why the photo of RB in pretend (drawn in) makeup, for example? Weird. (Can't remember if that photo is on his or his wife's Facebook, I think it's on his wife's.)

I'll carry this over from the prior thread.

No one has been cleared, so everyone is essentially still a suspect.

LE stated there are "no suspects or persons of interest AT THIS TIME..." as they should.

Naming people in those documents could have major implications on personal lives. None of them are official persons of interest...at this time...yet everyone is until they're fully cleared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right. I'm choosing not to say things about possibly innocent people that could hurt them for the rest of their lives. I also don't want to violate TOS so I'm not sleuthing these people in depth at this time. That may change if LE releases more information or names a specific suspect. Other people may make different decisions about what they want to post. We're all making that decision for ourselves and what we are personally comfortable discussing or speculating.

Right. I'm choosing not to say things about possibly innocent people that could hurt them for the rest of their lives. I also don't want to violate TOS so I'm not sleuthing these people in depth at this time. That may change if LE releases more information or names a specific suspect. Other people may make different decisions about what they want to post. We're all making that decision for ourselves and what we are personally comfortable discussing or speculating.

Yes, that is how I feel also :)

IMO: I think SWAT gear was used for several reasons 1) as a disguise and 2) to be able to eliminate having to chase Missy around that mouse trap of a building, should she flee. She would have most likely seen some of the doors opened so an officer wouldn't be care for concern- his presence could be justified.

also maybe as protection from injury / scratches from Missy, she was very fit and might have known self defense (head gear, padded vest) also as a way to keep their DNA from being left behind

the scariest potentiality is that this was a person completely unknown to Missy- because it would make it harder to catch them. A demented individual who perhaps took an interest from afar (either online or in town)- which would explain why the murderer went around the church breaking things before she got there. so that they could approach her as the hero cop investigating a burglary.
seems obvious that the perp is more likely known to her and has a more typical motive- but just wanted to point out the "other possibility" for the costume.

Wondering if those people were told to just keep posting, maybe as a way to cast bait for the big fish culprit?
Unusual murders might require unusual techniques to catch them, imo.
Considering a strong woman, teaching boot camp fitness skills, was murdered by someone in a SWAT outfit, who would have to attend an actual boot camp, in preparation of ultimately saving people.
Ironically, in a church, where one presumably seeks salvage.
Savage!
imo,speculation.

In the released video, the perp is going room to room, smashing windows, breaking into doors, my question, WHY would a perp that was targetting Missy do that? It would just draw attention to the fact someone else was in the building! If this was a planned attack on Missy, wouldn't the perp just go in the church, or be outside waiting and ambush her? Why the need to go into each room, and leave such a mess that Missy would surely see when she arrived? Doesn't add up. Maybe this was a random attack? Maybe the person thought it was something worth stealing inside the church, and Missy just showed up while the perp was in there?

While I tend to believe she was targeted for a reason, the actions of the perp aren't adding up. The perp could have caused that chaos after Missy was killed if the intention was to make it look like a random attack, but doing it before Missy arrived to me would just alert Missy to danger ahead! And the perp wouldn't have a way to knowing if Missy had a weapon, or would see a broken window, door and call police instead of entering. Something is off.

There seemed to be some discussion last evening here about something in the perpetrator's pocket. Although I don't see a cell phone, an enlarged photo included in a post truly resembles a small bottle to me. Like possibly a flask. I'm beginning to have a feeling, after seeing video of him/her tipsy walking and steadying themselves on a wall, I think he/she may have been intoxicated. Possibly?

IMO the "creepy" messages on LinkedIn are from a woman. A woman who used an internet cafe etc to send message to MB. The person didn't use their own phone or computer IMO. A library perhaps. I think this lady warned MB but I don't think it was the killer. MB had enemies it seems. Some very very very close IMO.

In the released video, the perp is going room to room, smashing windows, breaking into doors, my question, WHY would a perp that was targetting Missy do that? It would just draw attention to the fact someone else was in the building! If this was a planned attack on Missy, wouldn't the perp just go in the church, or be outside waiting and ambush her? Why the need to go into each room, and leave such a mess that Missy would surely see when she arrived? Doesn't add up. Maybe this was a random attack? Maybe the person thought it was something worth stealing inside the church, and Missy just showed up while the perp was in there?

While I tend to believe she was targeted for a reason, the actions of the perp aren't adding up. The perp could have caused that chaos after Missy was killed if the intention was to make it look like a random attack, but doing it before Missy arrived to me would just alert Missy to danger ahead! And the perp wouldn't have a way to knowing if Missy had a weapon, or would see a broken window, door and call police instead of entering. Something is off.
to get close to her. to say "see this mess? i'm here to investigate a burglary." why would she call the police? the perp wore a big "POLICE" sign on their costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8