TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who is female and interested in weight training, she didn't strike me as being on steroids. Yes, it's much harder for women to build significant mass (which is why women SHOULD do weight training without worrying about "bulking up"!), but some of it is down to genetics. And if she's holding a kettlebell, she's probably flexing.

Edit: the only thing that would sway my opinion is if Missy is confirmed as COMPETING in female bodybuilding competitions. That's a different kettle of fish and also requires specific barbell training, not dragging tires around.

I totally agree with you and very much doubt there is anything unnatural. She looks to me to be fit. Perhaps we aren't used to seeing such fit women that something looks amiss ;)

What I don't understand is why LE wouldn't be putting out more info, if they have no idea who did it/no suspects? I'm pretty sure they have a solid idea of who killed Missy.

Looks a little iffy to me:

05/06/2016
"According to the warrant, police believe the killer communicated with Bevers on LinkedIn between April 14 and April 16. Despite this new and specific information, "we don't have a strong suspect," Midlothian Assistant Police Chief Kevin Johnson tells PEOPLE. "

http://www.people.com/article/texas-fitness-instructor-creepy-message-before-death

As someone who is female and interested in weight training, she didn't strike me as being on steroids. Yes, it's much harder for women to build significant mass (which is why women SHOULD do weight training without worrying about "bulking up"!), but some of it is down to genetics. And if she's holding a kettlebell, she's probably flexing.

Agree with you. Respectfully FWIW I used to lift heavy 3x a week and eat clean. What people commented on was my arms. I have never taken steroids....I don't even take vitamins. Lol. I think she worked out a lot and it showed.

Agree that some of muscle mass can be due to genetics as well. IMO

I never buy the "LE knows who did it", but They are waiting argument. If they know who did it, or think they know, they make an arrest. Period.

Alanna Gallagher. They had a good idea very early on. Stayed very tight lipped to the public. Never came out and cleared her parents explicitly, despite a pretty intense public witch hunt vibe. Just weeks of almost no info.

Turns out they knew almost from the beginning it was a psycho teenager two doors down. They watched him, they collected his garbage, they ran all the forensics, and were extremely meticulous. And when they showed up to arrest him, he shot one of the officers (who survived, with blood transfusions from the dead girls' parents).

And I believe that was about 30 miles away from Midlothian.

I never buy the "LE knows who did it", but They are waiting argument. If they know who did it, or think they know, they make an arrest. Period.

Only on TV shows and movies. Not in real life. If only it were that easy....

Anyone with LE experience on here, any opinion on LE taking the garbage from AT & CT house? Would they do that with all the targets, or just someone who they are pretty sure is the main suspect?

Anyone else can chime in also!

Agree with you. Respectfully FWIW I used to lift heavy 3x a week and eat clean. What people commented on was my arms. I have never taken steroids....I don't even take vitamins. Lol. I think she worked out a lot and it showed.

Agree that some of muscle mass can be due to genetics as well. IMO

I envy you. :) I've had decent gains in upper body strength, but I still struggle with my bench presses. Plus I can't quite lean out enough to really show off the arm muscles. My legs respond really well to squats though. :)

I've "heard" AA female here a couple of times (Tricia's radio show was one source) but let me just say if a white female wore makeup (my brand is MaryKay) well, that would be genius and evil at the same time.

IMO

maybe some people dont realize ATucker is in a biracial marriage? And just assumes because he is AA his wife is also ?

But what if they know who did it, but don't have solid physical evidence yet? Would they still arrest immediately?

No - They would wait. There are all kinds of problems with arresting someone before you have enough evidence. It can be as simple as they can't arrest even though they are pretty sure they know because they don't even have enough for an arrest warrant to they need a few more tests to come in because they take time and an arrest starts a clock on all kinds of rights for the defendant. If they thought the person was a danger then they might speed it up, but as weird as it sounds when talking about someone who killed another person, they probably don't see this person as being dangerous anymore. This seems to be a targeted murder by someone intending to kill MB. They probably don't believe this person is a spree or serial killer who will go out and kill someone else if they don't get h/er off the street asap.

They need evidence though. You shouldn't arrest if you aren't going to charge almost straight after and you shouldn't charge if you aren't pretty sure you can get a conviction.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I think most likely her husband had already left the home and the kids were probably left asleep.

What is the first time stamp on the church video showing the perp? I apologize in advance, because I know this has been discussed. Just trying to figure out how early any one on the warrant list would have had to leave their home.

I wish they would arrest someone on Mother's Day... give the kids some closure. Plus I really want to know who did it.

Something about the picture of Missy with the kettle bell, on the first post, has always bothered me and I just figured out why.

It's her hairline. It's so high for someone her age and makes her look almost mannish. I am way older than she and when I pull my hair straight back and look in the mirror, mine is not nearly that high. And I don't take hormone replacements or anything else that would affect it.

In addition:

Some years ago I set out to get "pipes" like Missy's and no matter how much I worked out and how much stronger I got, I never looked like that. When I expressed my admiration to someone who had the arms I wished for, she reminded me that genetics has a lot to do with results and said that in fact few women have the genes to attain arms like hers.

So now I'm wondering if there might be a steroid angle to the case?

I apologize if this has already been discussed but I can't keep up with the fast-moving threads.

Gosh, I hope this isn't seen as victim blaming or bashing.. I'm going to alert on my own post just in case.

Let me be clear in that nothing I'm saying has any sort of a moral judgment attached to it. That being said, if someone were looking to muscle up, and perhaps to use dietary/pharmaceutical means to bulk up, there would likely be some increases in libido to accompany the prescriptions. Just from my own experience, when I tore my hamstring, I was prescribed a number of drugs, some of which made me, shall I say, aroused, and some made me feel dead to the world. I stopped taking the meds after 4 days;

I'm not sure about Texas law, but garbage is usually considered abandoned property and anyone (including LE) can take it.

What is the first time stamp on the church video showing the perp? I apologize in advance, because I know this has been discussed. Just trying to figure out how early any one on the warrant list would have had to leave their home.

I don't think any of the public videos were timestamped? But LE released a statement for 3:50 being the time of suspect first on camera.

Timeline here:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fitness-...tinues-to-perplex-texas-police-002259586.html

Anyone with LE experience on here, any opinion on LE taking the garbage from AT & CT house? Would they do that with all the targets, or just someone who they are pretty sure is the main suspect?

Anyone else can chime in also!

Police don't need a warrant to grab your trash from the curb. IMO, with so many investigators on the case, I wouldn't be surprised if they grabbed the trash of every person in the circle of suspects. Why not? It is free and it might yield clues.

They might "know" who did it but need firm evidence to arrest and to convict.

I know I'm stating the obvious.

I wish they would arrest someone on Mother's Day... give the kids some closure. Plus I really want to know who did it.

Funny - I was just thinking I hope if an arrest is imminent that they wait until Monday. Of course it depends on who it is but if it's a family member or someone they know and care about it would just make Mother's Day even worse (if that's possible).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee