TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems the hunt for a psychopathic killer has become the destruction of a family via rumor. Well, if it turns out to be someone else, I trust and pray the Godly people of Midlothian and surrounds are guided by our Creator to do absolutely everything in their power to make amends. The FB group txmommy mentioned just breaks my heart. I can't even go there. The children! Sounds like an out of control lynchmob is exploding over social media. Terrible. Dear God in Heaven. Please call Midlo PD to do a presser or release a statement to stop the lunacy.

Amen!

LE have told us the names issued on the Search Warrants are not suspects at this time.

Not really. One article released by the non-specific "Fox News Staff" on their website stated that LE said some things to them. Apparently it was ONLY to them, because none of the other MSM repeated it. Only Fox. It wasn't in a press conference. The MPD didn't have their PR department put something out. So it's not accurate to say "LE have told us" because they haven't, respectfully.

What we DO have - until we have something different - is LE's own words in a SW stating that they believe MB was in contact with her killer, and then listing nine names of people who had been in contact with her. That gives us license to explore those 9 names. Maybe LE will release additional names and we can start looking into them as well (or instead). Until then, this is what we have. We here are not plastering people's children on SM. We can't worry about what other Internet sources are doing because that means we're taking ourselves away from the case itself. We're being civil and talking about people that we know LE has looked at and who do have connection to the case. If any of those people can be eliminated, then great! Let's eliminate them and move on. The problem is, CT apparently cannot be eliminated yet based on what we know, until something else comes out.

My husband and I were talking about this case last night. He told me if he were murdered, hire an attorney and do not answer questions without one present. LE is always gathering evidence, and I talk too much in general. We have several friends in LE who always tell us never to talk to LE if they come knocking. It has nothing to do with guilt or innocence; it's simply a right we choose to exercise.

bbm, Very wise.

After all these years, I am so....wishy washy.
I hear one theory and say, "Yeah..that's it! She did it!"
Then I hear another theory and it sounds legit and I think, "Well, I guess he did it then."
Every few hours I'm all over the place now.

I have no idea. I just wonder what the heck is taking so long in making an arrest?!

This isn't a sign of wishy-washiness. It's a sign of a critical mind. That you're open-minded to a variety of ideas and possibilities and willing to ponder the value of every piece of evidence. We should all be so willing. I admit it's difficult for me to take certain ideas seriously (especially when the source cannot be confirmed), but they do all make me wonder.

I have not named names, I have sleuthed - which is what I understand this forum is about - and I believe there is only one person who has the means, motive, and opportunity. I am not following rumor or innuendo here. No one else on the list fits IMO.
I believe it is someone who is not on the list.

While we are wondering. Maybe it was not jealousy of the AT and MB connection. Perhaps, since it's up for debate...and it's possible that BB was dallying too...maybe the connection extends to BB and CT. I mean since we are going is all directions. Might as well go there.

My issue with CT being the lone perp is a matter of Opportunity as far as Means, Motive and Opportunity go. Something would have to very flagrant for her to have an opportunity to be out of the house very early Monday morning. One answer that I've seen to that was that AT was blatantly cheating by sleeping with MB instead that night so that is how CT could leave the house, but if things were that blatant they wouldn't be surprised to learn about mere email messages and this blatant conduct would be a reason for themselves to act themselves or conspire with CT where fingering CT alone would not exclude the Bevers from also being involved. Between CT and BB, the only one who I'm seeing has a solid reason for being out of the house without arousing suspicion of a spouse is BB whereas with CT there's nothing on record to provide a reason for her to operate without suspicion of her spouse by leaving the house before he did. If things are obvious that there's something going on between AT and BB with AT not even bothering to come home, CT just as well could have supplied some of the items to the Bevers to use where she has the gear and they have the opportunity with an excuse made a year ago why BB would not be at home very early Monday morning.

The town that CT lives in is not an hour away from Midlothian. It's about 15-20 minutes.

Yes, she lives near by. What was being implied is that locals may have pointed at CT because she's not from around here. She wasn't born and raised in TX. She hasn't lived in the area a long time. It's easier to believe it's someone not known well than it is to point a finger at someone you've know your entire life.

I agree that the tips should have been called in - I don't have any problem with that at all. I'm grateful for all those trying to help figure this out. But tips to LE are one thing, and vicious gossip online is another.

I have been disturbed by so many negative things being said and speculated on about CT (not just here at WS but in lots of other places online). As you can see by my user name, I'm opinionated and usually don't have a problem with speculating but for some reason it just makes me feel really sorry for CT. Her appearance, her career, her parenting, her relationship with her husband have all been harshly criticized.

I agree with you and that is why a few days ago, I decided to sit back and read and stop theorizing. I've only commented a couple of times when I've seen misinformation that I felt needed to be corrected (i.e. Posters saying the Bevers children were homeschooled when only one was....Mansfield being an hour away when in reality it is 15-20 mins).I also know that all of this is starting to impact AJT's business, and the implications of that are huge. This family could lose everything, and for people who are innocent, that's awful!

That being said, I don't know how much longer this can go on. LE has to know about the rumors. Will they clear the T's of any involvement for the sake of their reputations and livelihood? I don't know, because they may be showing their hand to someone else who is the perp. It's a sad situation.

I agree with both of you. All the speculation and conjecture about this woman are too much for me. It seems like so many are convinced she did it without one piece of evidence. The Midlo PD has to be aware of what's going on. They've spoken up before in response to misguided stuff on social media. Why are they letting this one get so out of hand? Do they have no evidence but believe she's the one and are hoping she'll confess? It's disturbing to watch. Feels like a witch hunt. I think people need to dial it back until some evidence against her comes out.

I'm confused on why people think rumors in this chat room would destroy a family. This is really a rather unknown site. I happened to stumble upon it. I highly doubt anyone in the case has been on here or is even aware of it.

Hello. Maybe to you; perhaps this is the first murder case that brought you here? I joined in 2002 (had a different name then - WS crashed in 2003 - in 04 I changed my name via help from the then Mods). LE, MSM, bloggers,writers and authors read here and have YUGE respect for this site. I know that as a fact. Some of the top "criminal minds" in USA read here. Websleuths is not so much about quantity. It's about quality. Tricia is respected and this site has played tremendous role in the pursuit of justice,esp in USA. Tough rules and it is not a lynch-mob site.

Being a concerned citizen should not just be about the rights of individuals yet to be proven guilty. Discuss, yes. Determine and opine, sure. However, society must, without question, expand and embrace the rights of children. The "suspects" (not named by LE, by the way) both have kids and are repeatedly identified by many anonymous social media bandits. Their faces, schools, names, etc., have been splashed everywhere. That.is.deplorable. It should be a crime; people should be reported for that and they should be held accountable.

And we scream when kids are abducted? HUH? Amber Alert?? And they come home fromschool being bullied? And they are ostracized because their mommy or daddy is a murderer? REALLY!??

Adults are putting these kids at risk, yet we tell them to stay off Social Media?

Houston? We have a problem.

I haven't weighed in on the enlarged/enhanced photos yet - honestly, I don't think they're helpful. Even experts in enhancement have to be careful not to introduce artifacts when they're working on photos or videos. JMO but I wouldn't trust any of the ones I've seen in this case including the black and white one. No disrespect to those who gave the effort.

This. A thousand times over.

I hesitate to give credence to a journalist just because she's a hometown girl with good connections. Credentials and connections alone don't make a reliable source.

A writer from my small hometown who has published essays in many highly regarded publications and teaches at respected universities wrote a book about our hometown and presented so much false information as fact. She misrepresented me in the book multiple times, never even bothering to reach out to interview me while researching her book. So much of her misinformation is easy to verify, and I was fortunately able to counter her claims with documentation and hard proof, but the book is still out there and she has a following that is willing to accept what she states as truth.

If a certain someone is involved, I'll eat my words. In the meantime, I'll give more weight to LE statements.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, she lives near by. What was being implied is that locals may have pointed at CT because she's not from around here. She wasn't born and raised in TX. She hasn't lived in the area a long time. It's easier to believe it's someone not known well than it is to point a finger at someone you've know your entire life.

I don't know where this information is coming from but it is 100% FALSE. CT grew up in Arlington. She and AJT were high school sweethearts at Bowie High School in Arlington. Her parents still live in Arlington,

She may not be a Midlothian but she is most certainly a local Texan, and from a town that is only 30 minutes from Midlothian, and she lives in a town that is only 15-20 minutes away.

I've been around these people a time or two and I have many friends who know them.

MOO - If CT is a POI (I know LE has said that no one is a POI at this point) is it possible that AT is being told to act as normal and continue on with normal activities? That he's aware? Maybe from the call he possibly had with LE about the trash being taken? He could be aware of CT being possibly involved? This is total speculation and not based on any facts. I just thought it was odd that he's posted everyday as normal even to the day after her murder. This is a person he knew fairly well and was close to. I understand he has to make a living and might need the income, but it's bothered me how both the T's and the inlaws have sort of swept emotion aside regarding MB in their social presence. Then again, I'm not sure I would be publicly posting much either with all the speculation (mine included) going on.... blerg. But if AT is aware it would make more sense to me.

I'm another new poster, drawn in by the classic "whodunnit" nature of this killing. Also a retired police officer. I've tried to follow these threads, but it seems impossible to keep up with all the info. I think the thing that bothers me most is the conflicting theories that go thru my mind, based on past precedents. Any police officer will tell you that the big 3 reasons for murder are:
Money
Drugs
Sex

So, "sex" jumps out front on this one. Then, husband happens to be out of town. Convenient coincidences like this also leap out to me. Another sub-motive with married couples in trouble could also be child custody, or influence on the affections of the kids.

The video is a rare bit of bonus evidence here, but it also causes more conflict for me. Another adage I used to toss around was "burglary loves company". The burglary angle here is pretty weak, IMO. As a former K-9 handler, burglars were what we dealt with. Church burglars were usually young, and rarely acted alone. They suspected alarms, and moved fast. Smash a window and head for the office usually. They don't pre-plan, and invest in phony police gear to hide. They pull a t-shirt over their head and move fast, not this plodding around. They get out quickly.
Alarms on churches are funny. Many suburban churches still don't have them. Truthfully, they aren't targeted much. Still, thieves always expect them. I don't think many folks think this was a burglary, but the nonchalance of the suspect is unusual.

The video really bugs me. That walk does often look like a woman, but the part where the suspect stops and grabs at a door knob looks very male. The walk does look much like the father-in-law, but at the same time looks a little more effortless; maybe younger? The suspect doesn't look quite as big given the bulky clothes to me. Hard to say.

The choice of weapon certainly suggests a male suspect typically. If whoever did it was dumb enough to buy a new hammer for the job, it will probably backfire.

Another tid-bit I haven't noticed mentioned is that this suspect is someone capable of slipping away for an hour at 0400 on a rainy morning without worrying about being noticed, or leaving kids unattended, etc. Just something to file away.

I'd imagine the detectives are working very hard on tracking phones, and trying to run down places where that tactical gear might have been sold. It could be tough, but if you look for say, a purchaser that bought a single jacket in the last 3 months, something could turn up.[/QUOTE
Thank you for your insight. I'm consumed with finding out whodunnit. I mean this is worse than FB time consuming!
As a mother, I can't imagine the thought of risking getting caught/them being without a mother, and then just the fact that I would forever be remembered as a murderer...not just as a woman scorned who gave up her career to have children only to be cheated on by her husband. So to me, either the person had some kind of phychotic mental break, or it was a hit (based on my gut, I don't believe the husband was involved).

RBBM : Why does sex jump out front in this case ?

What if CT has nothing yo do with this? How does she continue living in this small town? Her kids? Geez.

This is exactly my thought and why I am pretty much backing out of this thread for awhile. I feel like we have moved from informed speculation to an outright witch hunt in some cases.

Sometimes I think too much is said in the media and on the Internet about things. Why should we know that they only keep video for a month?

This info is very common knowledge, though. Even to laypersons. Anyone who has a home surveillance system or nannycam, etc., knows that even the most advanced systems overwrite themselves. This is due to the massive amount of digital space required to store video in recognizable definition. More than just a handful of days archiving would require multiple drives or manual archiving. This would be a mountain of work and money.

Why would a burner phone possibly be involved if CT is the perp ?

Did MB have any life insurance ?

Sorry if this has been mentioned....Tricia's guest said that CT posted that her kids stayed at Grandmas house the night of murder. I think one of our fabulous WS posters debunked this several threads ago. CT posted back in March that the kids stayed overnight at Grams not on the night of the murder. When I heard the guest state that as fact I listened to every else she said very cautiously.

We have a list of people and a burner phone. Seems to me like two on that list are gonna be involved. Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro