TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not harmless, but it's not an affair. Hopefully, if I was murdered and I flirted online there wouldn't be a rush to judge me by that one thing- as opposed to all the years of hard work I put in as a mother and wife. And hopefully everyone wouldn't sit around feeling sorry for my emotionally distant husband who couldn't tell how old I was and wasn't really involved in my "stuff," and who posted "wages of sin is death" verses and photos of a jacuzzi after I'd been brutally murdered- all because I supposedly flirted online with somebody. in this case, WS seems to be more spouse-of-victim friendly than ACTUAL VICTIM friendly.
Lots of men flirt online. I doubt they'd be judged so harshly. JMO
Preach!!!
Umm, I mean I agree with you!
I'm positive I can be assumed to be a flirt, but I have never in 12 years of marriage had an affair or any situation near that. I like to have fun & cut up with people, but I believe there is a line of fun & asking for trouble. I will never cross that line, but being a flirt can be perceived so many ways! I picked up a little league coach a water as I was getting one & asked my husband if he needed one (also a coach)...well said wife (friend) stopped me after & told me not to be her husband a water. I can assure u I would be the last lady at the field having an affair, but some sitting acting like a snob probably is...JMHO...probably too honest!!

It's not harmless, but it's not an affair. Hopefully, if I was murdered and I flirted online there wouldn't be a rush to judge me by that one thing- as opposed to all the years of hard work I put in as a mother and wife. And hopefully everyone wouldn't sit around feeling sorry for my emotionally distant husband who couldn't tell how old I was and wasn't really involved in my "stuff," and who posted "wages of sin is death" verses and photos of a jacuzzi after I'd been brutally murdered- all because I supposedly flirted online with somebody. in this case, WS seems to be more spouse-of-victim friendly than ACTUAL VICTIM friendly.

Did he say he didn't even know her age? wth that's really bizarre.

I have just started reading this thread and am trying to figure out who the mentioned people are.
I have googled and googled who "AT" and "CT" are. I think CT is Chad Tucker (Brother in law?), but who's AT? And how are they related to the case? Many thanks!

I'm glad someone else thought the Jacuzzi post was weird. Reminds me of the Sievers case

Did he say he didn't even know her age? wth that's really bizarre.

Okay, gotta stand up and say I believe BB was being a gentleman in not telling MB's age. He might have done this before and gotten a severe butt-chewing by MB. I think he was a being ambushed when he was asked that question by the press.

@bwt42...I'm just getting caught up on the thread and you've made lots of interesting observations today. Respectfully, do you have a suspect in mind? I don't believe that BB was involved and I don't think you do either.

I just look at what evidence is available. I don't see anything that points to BB. I believe LE is focusing on CT. I have no evidence that she is involved.

Also:

:/ So, why would they not want to release a more specific physical description of the murderer?

Although the statement seems very promising, it is also potentially quite vague. The physical description might pertain to the brands and sizes of the costume elements. It may refer to some general characteristics, like height, perhaps eye, skin, or hair color.

It may also be a lot better than that, but who can tell? It's not LE's responsibility to provide us with information on their investigations.

What makes me wonder here is that, in the same press conference/release, they also said that they did not think that an arrest was imminent. If they had superb information on the perp's description, and if it was someone on their radar, I have to wonder why they would say that an arrest was not imminent? (That being said, smart LE use media releases strategically. I don't know enough about this department, or what sort of advice they are getting, to judge either way.)

Although the statement seems very promising, it is also potentially quite vague. The physical description might pertain to the brands and sizes of the costume elements. It may refer to some general characteristics, like height, perhaps eye, skin, or hair color.

It may also be a lot better than that, but who can tell? It's not LE's responsibility to provide us with information on their investigations.

What makes me wonder here is that, in the same press conference/release, they also said that they did not think that an arrest was imminent. If they had superb information on the perp's description, and if it was someone on their radar, I have to wonder why they would say that an arrest was not imminent? (That being said, smart LE use media releases strategically. I don't know enough about this department, or what sort of advice they are getting, to judge either way.)

Thank you! Also in the same article the reward is being boosted by $10,000 from SWFA Outdoors.

The department is still asking the public for help identifying a person seen in surveillance video walking around inside the church before Bevers arrived. SWFA Outdoors is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and indictment of the person or persons responsible for Bevers death, in addition to the $10,000 reward being offered by Oak Farms Dairy.

http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20...ing-capture-indictment-of-terri-bevers-killer

Razz said:
Scout said:
I've posted that possibility more than once and gone ignored. Airsoft/paintball gear is widely available and inexpensive. Here is one similar to the perpetrator's from Amazon, frequently sold together with a black balaclava. (Scroll down to see.)
Oh wow! Did you scroll all the way down to the POLICE vest?!
Looks like a one-stop under $100 full perp outfit. One thing on the helmet though - it is very shiny. I have thought the perp should have spray painted it with flat black to suppress light. The reflections were an advantage with the security cameras indoors, adding to bad lighting effects and much disagreement about helmet lamp or glare. But outdoors in a tactical enviroment, flat black like the paintball gear is moreconcealing for escape. What kinds of helmets are very shiny and why? Number one is a motorcycle helmet which also has thick padding distorting head size. Maybe also a baseball helmet.

I ran across something that surprised me, and makes me reconsider some of my thinking on this case.

I had thought that the use of a hammer as a murder weapon was incredibly strange and significant. But when I did a search awhile ago to see how odd this is, I found it isn't unusual at all. "According to the FBI annual crime statistics, the number of murders committed annually with hammers and clubs far outnumbers the number of murders committed with a rifle. [...For example,] in 2005 the number of murders committed with a rifle was 445, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 605. In 2006, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 438, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 618."

From my search, I also discovered that there have been cases where a hammer was the murder weapon-of-choice of a murder-for-hire. This would contradict my thinking that the use of a hammer must have indicated a personal vendetta or rage.

Time for me to adjust my thinking.

Clearly, the use of a hammer here still could have been by someone personally involved with her, and there could have been tons of rage. But, then again, gotta recognize that maybe not.

I'm sorry if I missed this but I only have my phone to read and its kind of hard. Is there a podcast talking about this case? I thought I read a post about a podcast episode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea, but the vest is very similar to some of the airsoft/paintball police tactical vests I've seen, too. They have those Molle straps that make the vest customizable with detachable pouches and such, just like what's visible on the killer's vest. (It's particularly clear that he has Molle straps on the back of his vest.) And you can buy those police Velcro patches as a set (large for back and small for front) from Amazon, too.
When you click on the vest, scroll down and read the comments!

Also, they sell small flashlights that attach on a rail on a gun or helmet. There is also a cable that can be attached to the light so you don't have to reach up and turn it on.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I ran across something that surprised me, and makes me reconsider some of my thinking on this case.

I had thought that the use of a hammer as a murder weapon was incredibly strange and significant. But when I did a search awhile ago to see how odd this is, I found it isn't unusual at all. "According to the FBI annual crime statistics, the number of murders committed annually with hammers and clubs far outnumbers the number of murders committed with a rifle. [...For example,] in 2005 the number of murders committed with a rifle was 445, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 605. In 2006, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 438, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 618."

From my search, I also discovered that there have been cases where a hammer was the murder weapon-of-choice of a murder-for-hire. This would contradict my thinking that the use of a hammer must have indicated a personal vendetta or rage.

Time for me to adjust my thinking.

Clearly, the use of a hammer here still could have been by someone personally involved with her, and there could have been tons of rage. But, then again, gotta recognize that maybe not.

A small sledgehammer was allegedly used to kill the McStay family.

Without naming names can you give us and idea of what / who you mean?
. I've been following another site that has provided interesting information about a possible female POI who was not named in the search warrants. The information on this other site makes me think this poi is a possibility. Unfortunately, I don't feel comfortable identifying this person, since I could be completely wrong. (Plus I believed it is not allowed). So, the possibility of this other suspect, the fact that LE has said none of the people on the warrants was a suspect at this time, the lack of any hard evidence that MB and AT had an improper relationship, and the fact that BB's and RB's locations at the time of the murder should be readily verifiable by LE makes me think the killer is someone not yet named. As for CT, my understanding is that MB and AT had only been working together for a matter of weeks. That seems a very short time to go from loving wife and mother to homicidal rage and meticulously plan this murder. All just MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC