TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband and I were talking about this case last night. He told me if he were murdered, hire an attorney and do not answer questions without one present. LE is always gathering evidence, and I talk too much in general. We have several friends in LE who always tell us never to talk to LE if they come knocking. It has nothing to do with guilt or innocence; it's simply a right we choose to exercise.

I agree! It is foolish to go into an unfamiliar situation such as being questioned by LE without counsel. Interpretation of your responses in an interview is subjective. Potential communication missteps or the twisting of interview responses leaves too great an opportunity for negative repucussions. Why would you not want to err on the side of caution? If you believe the innocent shouldn't worry because they have nothing to hide just Google convictions that were later overturned when science caught up with DNA evidence.

While I have yet to read an offical statement or release, the word from the local legal community is that some listed on the released SW have lawyered up.

Exactly. Earlier today, someone was talking about that politician who was having an affair with Chandra Levy (Gary Condit, I think?). They said that he deserved the scrutiny; that he SHOULD have been looked at as the probably murderer b/c he was cheating on his wife. But then why is th ere a double standard here with CW? Police have said that their messages were INTIMATE - sorry, but I don't believe for one second that anyone on this site who caught their own spouse writing INTIMATE things for three months with someone would laugh it off as innocent.

CW is the one having a months long INTIMATE relationship with MB, but CT is the only one under the microscope? That's beyond bizarre, to me. Especially considering a female is, statistically speaking, FAR, FAR more likely to be killed by a male that she has been intimate with than by another woman.

Yes! Agreed!!

I'm with you....say what?

Yeah, thumbs down to that one. BB has posted a lot of verses, but not once has he posted the one lawbelle referenced.

And the jacuzzi reference is to his April 25 post thanking someone for getting his hot tub working so that it can help him heal from his surgery.

Just putting this out here... Could it be someone that was coming to her class and they got there early, Got into their gear...
walked around waiting for her to arrive. When she did that is when they came out and attacked her. Perhaps they had taken
pictures of themselves with her body, or a video. Sick to say the least. Then they left her there and went to change back into
normal wear or perhaps workout gear. They would have a bag so no one would have thought anything of it. Of course they would
have to of stashed it in their vehicle. Maybe this theory is very far fetched... especially since police would have been all over the place.
They say often the perp will return to the scene. If it was someone in the class then no one would have thought much about them
lingering around. ALL this is just out of my mind and I am certain doesn't make the most sense. MOO

I don’t know for sure, but I have a feeling that police would have asked every one there to consent to a search of their vehicles, before being allowed to leave.

Just putting this out here... Could it be someone that was coming to her class and they got there early, Got into their gear...
walked around waiting for her to arrive. When she did that is when they came out and attacked her. Perhaps they had taken
pictures of themselves with her body, or a video. Sick to say the least. Then they left her there and went to change back into
normal wear or perhaps workout gear. They would have a bag so no one would have thought anything of it. Of course they would
have to of stashed it in their vehicle. Maybe this theory is very far fetched... especially since police would have been all over the place.
They say often the perp will return to the scene. If it was someone in the class then no one would have thought much about them
lingering around. ALL this is just out of my mind and I am certain doesn't make the most sense. MOO

This theory has certainly been kicked around.

If we apply CT to it, then, to me, it would seem odd that she wouldn't be at her husband's boot camp, especially since it was in town and his first one on his own.

Hmmmmm... I just thought of something.

The perp murders Missy, then goes to boot camp.

Just not the boot camp we've been thinking.

Jolee also intimated things would come out about AT-CT relationship. IMHO. CT had one of the target numbers. MB & AT went on an overnight trip together. I think speculation about CT is valid. Then again maybe she just called MB because she heard she had a good potato salad recipe.

This is where and how subtly skewing a story gets bumps and those bumps turn into a rampant-rumor-rash, IMO :)

MB and AT attended the same fitness conference in Austin with many other people. This conference is planned annually. The details are published by all CG-ers across most social media platforms. People attending DO know others and probably arranged to travel or fly or run there together. What the public (or MB & AT) may or may not have "done" outside of public-viewing hours is up for speculation.

It's THIS kind of statement, IMO, that gives rise to unfounded gossip. Others, ready to join a band wagon, grab the "AT & MB went away overnight". This was not a sweet getaway for MB & AT "overnight". Missy traveled to Austin on 14th, as far as we know. Don't grow a story to suit an agenda. It's irresponsible, IMO.

Let's get real, here.

Oh, and I salute momoffourboys for this comment: "LE have not focused on CT; the public have"

where do these concerns originate? did LE ever state this? i'm just curious if this was one more example of media musings or rumors, or did LE actually say this in a press conference or was it in SW? i don't remember seeing it
And how rewarded? I work in a psych hospital-some have been imprisoned for petty crimes, then not medicated, then end up worse than ever. If you think an insanity plea is rewarded, check out the actual stats-and look at cases like Andrea Yates. Not rewarded-punished severely. JMO.

All that in 15 mins? Not likely.

I am soooo behind. Has an affair between MB and AT or CT been confirmed?

There had to be a blood trail of the killer leaving unless all of it was on the weapon left behind. Surely blood splatter on the clothes of the perp.

Running two miles in total darkness, in the rain and mud, across open fields, through woods, across at least four private properties with fences, coming close to several homes, that might have dogs? After he dumped the SWAT gear in the reservoir, where would he have continued jogging to?

Well, we don't know the route he took; for all we know he walked along the creek line. If he left at 4:30 (walking, not even running) he'd be two miles away (at the reservoir) by the time LE even arrived on the scene at the church.

In my scenario, this is a fit local who knows the area well, so I don't think it's inconceivable.

And, (to answer robthomaseyes), JMHO, but my theory doesn't include a getaway in a car. LE haven't identified the car seen in the corner frame in part of the video, so I'm not convinced it was perp's, and not convinced he left the parking lot in it. Not saying it'd be impossible, just that to me it'd be too risky, as he probably left about 5 minutes before Camper 1 showed up and entered by that single driveway. I that I think swatperp could hide better in the dark by doing some fast walking along the creek line in a dark SWAT suit than by leaving by car on the highway (which might risk showing up on surveillance videos in the wee hours of the morning).

ETA: again, JMO, but his plan to leave on foot might also explain better why he left the tools, and possibly the murder weapon, behind at the church. Usually perps don't elect to leave clues like those behind.

LOL and eeeeeks! but I mean like on Yelp, it shows someone checking in at places and I think Facebook has something similar, but I only saw it on someone's page once in the lefthand column. I can't remember it the FB provided a location, but it did say that it was using a mobile thing. Referencing another case, the Sheriff mentioned that in another one of his cases, the suspect checked in and wrote a restaurant review and that placed him in a specific location at a specific time.
Jumping off of your post... LEO will subpoena any/all Social Media for evidence to prove / disprove any evidence. FB, Twitter, Google so forth any of the Internet and phone companies. Its not as easy as typing in @ *advertiser censored* on FB. Even your phone time can be set to different time zones. Phone/computer whatever also records when/if you change things. Same with digital cameras

If memory serves, he said that a neighbor told him it happened -- hence, it is hearsay.

Then he called and got confirmation himself. Hence, not hearsay

He got confirmation from who? I remember some talk that he said he found out why the neighbors said someone took his trash. That's about it though.

Yeah, thumbs down to that one. BB has posted a lot of verses, but not once has he posted the one lawbelle referenced.

And the jacuzzi reference is to his April 25 post thanking someone for getting his hot tub working so that it can help him heal from his surgery.

Did BB have a surgery? He had a recent procedure, which his mother took him to since MB was out of town, but from what we've gathered, it was a minor outpatient procedure. Probably a colonoscopy. Did I misunderstand his condition?

There had to be a blood trail of the killer leaving unless all of it was on the weapon left behind. Surely blood splatter on the clothes of the perp.

Nice fresh statement :). Thanks for this. Perhaps the comments we heard that possible "clean up" at the crime scene refers to some blood being wiped by the psychopath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0