TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

"This week, the team’s focus is the surveillance video of Bevers’ killer. They spent Thursday night at the scene of the crime, Creekside Church of Christ. They retraced the suspect’s steps seen in every frame captured on the motion-activated cameras. Each door frame was also measured, to better estimate the murderer’s height and width. "

bbm

If that wasn't done by Day 2 of the investigation, I really wonder about them... :thinking:

Yup. I agree.

I respectfully disagree. I think it was someone who was infatuated with her and she rejected him. She was exposed to a lot of ppl in the fitness world and unfortunately with someone is really busy with their passion such as keeping fit and healthy, you will meet a lot of ppl.

I see a lot of ppl in the gym obsessed with their fitness trainer because in some minds they are "perfect" and Missy was very much a sociable person.

All the other stuff going on in her family life is their's to own and claim......but I don't think it's part of why she was killed.

She crossed paths with someone who freaked about rejection and I think the perp was single and younger than her. I also think he was rejected in a professional way from something that meant a lot to him.

MOO

If the Church floors had been polished or buffed Sunday night after services, the perps footprints would have stuck out like a sore thumb!.........rainy or not. I DO hope that everything was inspected and photographed, etc, before the church was re-opened. JMO

I want to bring up an issue that I'm not sure any of us has discussed much. I had read earlier - and I don't know if it is verified or not - that Missy had a hysterectomy last year. If anyone can confirm or disprove that, please do. It was mentioned in this forum as a response to someone theorizing that maybe MB had gotten pregnant.

Just for discussion, let's say that she did have the procedure. I just read an article from ABC News exploring, "Can Hysterectomies Hurt Sex Lives?" I don't know if I'm supposed to link it directly, but it is easily Googled.

The article mentions that sometimes women are having problems sexually and a hysterectomy improves that area. Other times, a woman who had no problems sexually finds that things are much worse in that area afterward.

So that got me thinking. Working from my overall premise that the killer is either a person scorned by MB, or MB's lover's spouse who felt scorned themselves:

1. What if MB got into an affair pre-hysterectomy, and broke things off after the procedure because the affair was no longer as enjoyable? This could have led to the "lover scorned" angle.
Or,
2. What if MB was having sexual problems BEFORE the procedure, and the procedure fixed those issues? Her newfound interest and freedom in that area may have contributed to her getting into a relationship, if that's what happened. This could have led to the "lover's spouse scorned" angle.

Thoughts?

I want to bring up an issue that I'm not sure any of us has discussed much. I had read earlier - and I don't know if it is verified or not - that Missy had a hysterectomy last year. If anyone can confirm or disprove that, please do. It was mentioned in this forum as a response to someone theorizing that maybe MB had gotten pregnant.

Just for discussion, let's say that she did have the procedure. I just read an article from ABC News exploring, "Can Hysterectomies Hurt Sex Lives?" I don't know if I'm supposed to link it directly, but it is easily Googled.

The article mentions that sometimes women are having problems sexually and a hysterectomy improves that area. Other times, a woman who had no problems sexually finds that things are much worse in that area afterward.

So that got me thinking. Working from my overall premise that the killer is either a person scorned by MB, or MB's lover's spouse who felt scorned themselves:

1. What if MB got into an affair pre-hysterectomy, and broke things off after the procedure because the affair was no longer as enjoyable? This could have led to the "lover scorned" angle.
Or,
2. What if MB was having sexual problems BEFORE the procedure, and the procedure fixed those issues? Her newfound interest and freedom in that area may have contributed to her getting into a relationship, if that's what happened. This could have led to the "lover's spouse scorned" angle.

Thoughts?

MOO

I will say I don't see this fitting a scenario personally. While it's definitely interesting, and would be a turn of events for the motive, I find it to be a VERY long stretch. But like I said it's simply my opinion.

Personally I find the motive to be a situation of an affair (currently being had) where missy was in the way and needed to be out of the way. If you catch my drift. Someone was livid and wanted her to pay, and she did.

Unfortunately time will tell exactly who did this and why! We have beat this case to death. Which stinks I totally wish we had more info, and I don't think we have the murderers name in the warrants released.

What is the site address? I don't see that on the one I'm looking. Interesting!
BLUEVIOLET, This is the address that came up with the google advertising (right hand side of the page and the exact link I used)
https://www.google.com/#q=anytime+fitenss+midlothian,+texas
Address: 800 Silken Crossing Suite 102, Midlothian, TX 76065
Phone:(972) 775-8447
Hours: Closed today
But now of course, I am wondering WHAT TIME DO THEY OPEN ON MONDAY, AM?? My spouse's gym opens at 5am, and he is up doing stretches & dressing for the gym at 4 (frickin') A.M. So I'm sure the person who opens the gym is up just as early. I have been thinking about jobs that would not arouse suspicion if out at that hour....
dairy workers, bakers/donut/coffee shops, newspaper delivery, people who clean movie theaters (their hours are more extended than those who clean offices), opening staff for a gym etc....
any other "regular" jobs that would not raise eyebrows??? Anybody?

BLUEVIOLET, This is the address that came up with the google advertising (right hand side of the page and the exact link I used)
https://www.google.com/#q=anytime+fitenss+midlothian,+texas
Address: 800 Silken Crossing Suite 102, Midlothian, TX 76065
Phone:(972) 775-8447
Hours: Closed today
But now of course, I am wondering WHAT TIME DO THEY OPEN ON MONDAY, AM?? My spouse's gym opens at 5am, and he is up doing stretches & dressing for the gym at 4 (frickin') A.M. So I'm sure the person who opens the gym is up just as early. I have been thinking about jobs that would not arouse suspicion if out at that hour....
dairy workers, bakers/donut/coffee shops, newspaper delivery, people who clean movie theaters (their hours are more extended than those who clean offices), opening staff for a gym etc....
any other "regular" jobs that would not raise eyebrows??? Anybody?

They are open, because everyone who is a member has key/card access into the building. The business just isn't STAFFED on weekends, so everything is "do it yourself".

*If* CT committed this crime - there is absolutely no way she could have left her home in Mansfield without being on camera. CT & AT's home is within a Mansfield neighborhood off of Walnut Creek Dr. between Turner Warnell Rd. (the north end of Walnut Creek) and Debbie Lane (the south end of Walnut Creek.) There is a camera at Turner Warnell Rd. There is a camera at Debbie Lane. Further south on Walnut Creek past Debbie Lane there is a camera at Country Club Drive. Still further south there is a camera at Hwy 287 (and highway 287 leads to the church.)

Unless cameras were not operable, CT's vehicle would have been on camera. I've driven the roads & I've personally seen the cameras mounted on the traffic light frames.

edited to add - there is one other way out of her neighborhood - off Bent Trail to Debbie Lane. At this Debbie Lane intersection this is no camera but if she turned right onto Debbie Lane it leads directly again to Hwy 287 and there is a camera there. If she turned left it leads to the Walnut Creek intersection and there is a camera there.

This. All along I've been thinking LE could request all the videos from the intersections on 287 from all directions. I'm not a local so I don't know how many that would be,
but I would think its takes time to get all those videos and more time to review them. Narrowing down the times to say 2am to 6am. Watching all traffic going through
to see who was in the area during those times..Even to the point they spot someone on the video and then could request more video to track where the suspect car went.
and maybe tracking them to a neighborhood or place of business.. Although the perp cleared rooms in the church prior to Missy showing up and all the other premeditated
precautions he/she took to not be identified...I don't think they thought about traffic cams. I sincerely hope not.

I have a couple of people I suspect but nothing concrete because I saw in the Jessica Chambers case it can be someone completely off the radar.

I'd rather be sitting on pins and needles waiting and let LE take their time, so when they do make an arrest they have all the evidence they need to
put away the murderer.. Forever.

Do any of you think this will be solved, with an arrest, anytime this month ? This Summer ? Yes , I realize a conviction is what is needed for this to really be solved, but I'm talking in shorter time span.

Do any of you think this will be solved, with an arrest, anytime this month ? This Summer ? Yes , I realize a conviction is what is needed for this to really be solved, but I'm talking in shorter time span.

I actually really do. MOO. I have to believe that they are close to an arrest because otherwise, I'll have to be committed to an asylum by the time we get to thread #20. ;)

In all seriousness though, I have a lot of faith in MPD considering all of the resources and agencies that they have providing support. I really expect an arrest soon and I'm praying that it's not my "glass is half full" wishful thinking leading me to believe that.

If Missy felt that she was being stalked, she may not have told her husband or anyone in her family, but I'm pretty sure that she would have told a close friend. She did share the creepy message with a friend. But supposedly neither of them recognized the sender. I guess its possible that some kook was stalking her but was not the creepy message sender. JMO

They are open, because everyone who is a member has key/card access into the building. The business just isn't STAFFED on weekends, so everything is "do it yourself".

I agree. My husband is a member (DFW area, not Midlothian area though) and he says that staff only work certain times to take care of standard business, but he uses his key anytime, hence the 24 hr name.

Thank You Cannonball3804 Sooooooo, (asks the sly investigator) there is an electronic key/card digital trail/footprint that might show a pattern of who regularly arrives around 5 am? And/or there might also be an electronic key/card record of those who made it a point to coincide their work out times with Missy's? Or even more relevant, who chose to leave at the same time (or shortly after) as Missy? If she had a stalker, March records would surely hold some interesting info, IMO.

It's my opinion that they do know who it is (or at least have narrowed it down to a few) that being said IF the perp or perps are somehow affiliated with LE which might be the case, they will have to really have a solid case. The second possibility is if it was more than one perp it is possible they have arrested someone and are keeping it hush hush until they have all participants arrested, it would be very easy for LE to conceal this if they booked the perp into Tarrant co as you would have to know the last name, first name and sex of the perp to search. In Ellis co the arrests are searchable by day and list the individuals arrested. Again this is all just my opinion.
BBM. That's very interesting. I wondered the same thing when they brought in Arlington PD, and now also Tarrant Co. DA's investigators, as well as Feds. Also, Mansfield is in Tarrant Co. not Ellis Co. (not CT again!)

Do any of these people own motorbikes or scooters, seems like that outfit would go unnoticed on a motorbike, removing lettering of course so they wouldn't have to remove clothes, may have had a rain jacket stowed in the bike also, maybe they had been waiting for a rainy day! OMO

How long does it take to get back forensic evidence?

I still wonder if the perp only went there to scare MB and it escalated. That would fit in with the creepy LinkedIn message.

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank You Cannonball3804 Sooooooo, (asks the sly investigator) there is an electronic key/card digital trail/footprint that might show a pattern of who regularly arrives around 5 am? And/or there might also be an electronic key/card record of those who made it a point to coincide their work out times with Missy's? Or even more relevant, who chose to leave at the same time (or shortly after) as Missy? If she had a stalker, March records would surely hold some interesting info, IMO.

Yes, DH's gym has electronic and photograph time stamps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member