TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am extraordinarily direction challenged.

Firefighters use Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta to designate the sides of a structure—and, I suppose, avoid confusion.

Alpha side: front of the structure
Bravo side: left side of the structure
Charlie side: back of the structure
Delta side: right side of the structure

I haven't a clue what they do if a building is not a basic square or rectangle.

bbm
Thank you for this!

LOL, me, too! I did try researching this for hours and so far the only thing I come up with is what you say: ABCD and that makes sense such to me! :D I'm a visual person, need to see it physically or I draw what I think I hear, sometimes right, sometimes wrong. Meh. I learn. Sometimes.

To my mind, not everyone has an extraordinary little mental compass and something like the front door being S or 6 or A makes such good sense! That way we'd all be starting at the same point. Jeezo, same thing inside a tall building, how would I know?

*laughing manically thinking of giving directions inside a yurt*

I know I didn't make up that front door idea - someone had to have told me that decades ago. :lookingitup: except that there's no good description I've used yet to look it up.

Respectfully BBM... do you know of a link from MSM or LE stating this. I saw this but it was on a NG transcript, haven't personally seen it anywhere else iirc. TIA
you are right. there are NO verified reports of the "cleanup," and it doesn't make a damn bit of sense anyway. this perp went to great lengths to AVOID that necessity. cleanup would actually make it more likely to be caught. PERHAPS somehow the nancy grace genius reporters heard that the body was manipulated in some way- posed. otherwise, its a crock of crap. no way this perp who went through all this trouble actually tried to clean this up.
no way. it's stupid. and the kind of thing that drives me crazy about how narratives get twisted- between what LE says (actual evidence) and what some low rent deputy told a reporter because he wants to look cool.
drives me nuts.

I actually was thinking just the opposite. IMO they have a pretty good idea who it is, since obviously someone who knew her did it or was involved. I think they are building a case as well as investigating. Don't want to spook the PERP, who by now is trying to decide if Mexico is his best option.

This is why the nypd stingrays may help. Because the perp most likely left their phone home or turned off that morning. But they most likely had their phones with them on previous days while staking out the place. Jmo. If you say you never been to the church. But your phone was pinging there for a while on various days and times. Then you are bumped up to the top of the list.

Well, it could be, if it was pouring rain, the campers stayed put in their cars until the last minute--just about 5:00 AM, and then discovered her there after coming inside. I've read conflicting info concerning which entryway she first entered by. If she entered by way of the main front doors (with soaring atrium) with a key, then walked down the hallway towards the SW entry to open those doors to haul her equipment in, that may be how she walked into the 'ambush.' Between the inner and outer doors, in the vestibule area of that SW entry.

The is just how I'm interpreting this piece of information, however. Not fact, just hypothesis.

ETA: Re the campers...if that SW exterior door wasn't ever unlocked (or broken by perp), campers would have had to also enter by way of front main door, then walk down the hallway as Missy did, and that might explain the delay. Again...just hypothesizing, here. Didn't press conference say perp 'walked down the hallway' and 'presumably left the same way he came in'? (Far north end, with metal door and broken window)...

ETA again: except, no...LE stated neither were seen in tape AFTER the murder. So cancel that last sentence above about the press conference.

I totally agree with your points and share your concerns.. At this stage I am more concerned as to why LE doesn't just state the logistical facts. The information they appear to be withholding is ridiculous and only an attempt to hide the fact that they are no closer to identifying Missy's killer than they were on April 18th.

At this point my only hope is In the Texas Rangers. No disrespect, but they are the men among boys (I say this with friends and family in LE and FBI). If the Texas Rangers can't figure this out, it will never be figured out! This is just my own opinion, but I do feel strongly about it. Making friends is not my intent so I gladly welcome contradicting opinions.

I think the PD have such sensitive info that is all connected together that should they even release a minuscule amount, the perp's cover would be blown, which would give the perp a chance to escape before their full case is solidified...

We don't want another Nicole Simpson/Ron Goldman case where the evidence plainly points to the suspect, but loose ends (and an explosive defense team) blow up the opportunity for conviction.

Jury will be asked "without a doubt do you believe _________ killed MB in _________ manner?"

A hung jury means issues, so they have to fully solidify the case.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's possible the suspect could have said/done something specific during the attack to where it would have given up his/her identity. Maybe LE doesn't want the suspect to know the attack was caught on tape so he/she feels comfortable in not being identified. Even something simple, such as Missy not running away immediately, could show that the suspect is/was someone she knew.

Another possibility for the police gear: If I were Missy in that situation and saw/heard someone yell, "Police, get on the ground!" I would most likely drop whatever I was holding and comply immediately without having time to think, "Wait, why isn't there a police car," etc. This would render her practically defenseless against the suspect.

In my practice as an attorney I have seen it take 5 or 6 months to formally charge someone with a crime when it was very clear as to whom the perp. was. Sometimes it just takes awhile to gather all the evidence.
in my practice as an attorney, that's usually a "for hire" crime.
most perps are stupid and get caught quickly.
but the thing is, motivation and opportunity do not equal evidence. earlier i saw someone say that if someone's alibi didn't add up, they would have already been arrested.
not true.
a bad alibi is NOT evidence sufficient to convict.
just because someone is not where they said they were doesn't mean they committed a murder. it doesn't provide ANY evidence that they committed murder.
that requires evidence that the person had motive, opportunity, and evidence of being at the crime scene- plus circumstantial evidence. that takes time, patience, and real work from LE.

bbm
Thank you for this!

LOL, me, too! I did try researching this for hours and so far the only thing I come up with is what you say: ABCD and that makes sense such to me! :D I'm a visual person, need to see it physically or I draw what I think I hear, sometimes right, sometimes wrong. Meh. I learn. Sometimes.

To my mind, not everyone has an extraordinary little mental compass and something like the front door being S or 6 or A makes such good sense! That way we'd all be starting at the same point. Jeezo, same thing inside a tall building, how would I know?

*laughing manically thinking of giving directions inside a yurt*

I know I didn't make up that front door idea - someone had to have told me that decades ago. :lookingitup: except that there's no good description I've used yet to look it up.

You're welcome! Whenever someone tries to give me directions, I interrupt: "No, no, none of that north, south, east, west nonsense. I need landmarks. I need left or right. I don't have time for compass points."[emoji15] I'd be a terrible homing pigeon.

This is why the nypd stingrays may help. Because the perp most likely left their phone home or turned off that morning. But they most likely had their phones with them on previous days while staking out the place. Jmo. If you say you never been to the church. But your phone was pinging there for a while on various days and times. Then you are bumped up to the top of the list.
still is not evidence.

There was another woman murdered in TX just a few days after MB. This one got no media attention and the only way I found out was the body was dumped in an area that is near my town in another state...so many bodies dumped there that it was featured on a new crime show called Killing Fields. Anyway, turns out it was her husband that did it but he got ideas watching Killing Fields and other shows. Reminds me of SWATPerp. Probably studied Forensic Files for a month or better before committing this crime but there's always that one mistake. He will be caught, no doubt. It's not IF, but WHEN.

Can someone smarter than me screenshot the map of the church that Nancy Grace had on tonight that showed where Missy's body was found?
:thinking: NG knows where body found? If it the one she showed prior she had a circle over the covered drive where MB truck was parked. All we know is the South West corner of the building.

Maybe they don't want the public breaking down in tears while watching the mother of 3 taking her last steps before getting ambushed?

The story is salacious enough without the seeing her final walk down the hall. Jmo.

But I do understand your points as well.
Well they're not going to lie in a search warrant. And it clearly says SW corner, so that is in fact where she was found.

It is possible they dont feel like they need the public's help at this point as they are sifting through forensic and other data to try and put together the pieces. If they come out a few more months from now and solicit the public for information I would be more concerned that they really dont know what is going on.

These are terrific points, but they should just say so and be honest at this point-especially after the video releases, press conferences and the amount of negativity that has been placed on the family and other SW people. They are beginning to look like a rag tag bunch.

also, there are several cases of police corruption locally. he also probably chose his "police" uniform for that reason.

in my practice as an attorney, that's usually a "for hire" crime.
most perps are stupid and get caught quickly.
but the thing is, motivation and opportunity do not equal evidence. earlier i saw someone say that if someone's alibi didn't add up, they would have already been arrested.
not true.
a bad alibi is NOT evidence sufficient to convict.
just because someone is not where they said they were doesn't mean they committed a murder. it doesn't provide ANY evidence that they committed murder.
that requires evidence that the person had motive, opportunity, and evidence of being at the crime scene- plus circumstantial evidence. that takes time, patience, and real work from LE.

That's possibly true. I don't think it will take that long in this case- I was just using an example. I believe there will be an arrest in the next 30-60 days based on the lack of info given by LE in a high profile case. I think they are checking and double checking to make sure they have it right before issuing an arrest warrant. Also I feel like they have a close watch on one or two people whom they feel are not a threat to the public at large or else they'd be issuing public safety alerts, holding news conferences, etc

still is not evidence.

Agree. This why I said bumped up to top of the list and not actually arrested.

But in that scenario. It's definitely circumstantial evidence if the suspect is charged one day.

So are we saying that the door wouldn't lock behind Missy so the group was able to enter. Or did she put something to block the main door from closing.

This is a very good point. If she went in the main entrance with a key with the intention of walking through the building to the door by her car, where she would open that door from the inside (but never made it there)....how did the campers enter the building?

Maybe they didn't. Perhaps they saw her through the door?

jmopinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member