TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe 100% a gun was used. And if that saran wrap object was a silencer, this was a hit.

I just did a google image search for gun silencer, and you're right - there are some that are light in color, silvery, the shape of a saran wrap box. It certainly makes more sense that a killer would carry a silencer instead of a box of saran wrap.

IF that's the case, that 1st camper is the murderer, then either A. LE had to have found the gear discarded nearby and we just don't know about it, or B. LE didn't search the campers' cars and should have.

Even if it was not camper 1 (which is highly likely), it's possible LE has the gear and we don't know.
Its even possible in that scenario that First camper left and returned. We (public) does not know when other campers arrived. It could have even been closer to time to go in when someone else arrived. There is just so much as in FACTS that we do not know.

If you saw footage of the OJ Simpson murder scene. It looked like a butch shop. I suspect this was similar. I'm pretty sure the perp is covered and would need to clean up.

But Suspect was covered Head to Toe in that SWAT get up. .. *unless something came off or whatever... should be clean underneath JMHO
* unless had to change undergarments :facepalm:

So you have the perp slogging through the rain and mud in a swat outfit, walking 10-15 minutes to get back to a car that must have been sitting on a shoulder of the highway (because there's nowhere else to have left the car except somewhere down the highway), visible to anyone who drove by during that 10-15 minute rainy muddy hike. Meanwhile, police may be arriving any minute and come looking for anyone in the vicinity, as the perp is a person oddly strolling in the rain in the middle of the night on the shoulder or edge of a dark highway in swat gear. Respectfully, I just don't see it.

Perp could have changed out of the SWAT uniform in the kitchen quickly, or was shucking the uniform as they went to their vehicle. I happen to believe the person is fit or young enough to move quickly. It would not have been a car either I don't believe. Likely a SUV or truck and dark in color. Again, just my theory. The rain would have helped wash the uniform off too.

ETA: I, too, think a vehicle could have parked on the north side of the building and left that way too, but leaving in a vehicle leaves a greater chance of someone seeing you. Leaving by foot if the GC member was arriving, in the dark and the rain and dressed in black, the perp lessens the chance of being spotted.

I think what they cut out was telling information that would've been a giveaway and given the perp a chance to get away - far, far away...possibly even Mexico - before the police could get to them.

IMO

BTW, police don't give all the info out...they put out little bread crumbs and see who leaves bigger bread crumbs in interrogations.

Hoping they can break out the RED RUM soon!

YES The edits are purposeful. I wonder if a gun is visible and edited out. Rumors were swirling around early on, reportedly, that a gun was used. Maybe the edits are to conceal that footage not only from the public, but especially from the perp......so that only LE and the perp know that a gun was involved. ????? JMO............gouges could have concealed a gunshot wound.

So there is missing footage. What are they cutting out? Cell phone use? But why?

The footage released was for the specific purpose of showing how the perp walked. There's a lot missing. They said perp was first seen on camera at 3:50, and Missy was murdered around 4:20, so there's potentially 30 min of footage and we've only seen 2 of them.

:yeahthat: Could have driven around and either left or if a camper just parked in parking lot after the originals went in.. FD didn't arrive until 5:07 and LEO 5:10 still very dark and raining (not sure on how bad rain at that time) So JMHO Suspect had from time MB entered until LEO arrived at 5:10 am.. Depending how many cars were sent initally and so forth. Thats why I dont understand the whole only had few minutes ... It was dark lol I dont think people are stopping to think about that part. And how poorly lit some of that area is.

Yeah, I think the getaway could have been much easier to disguise than we realize. My point wasn't that necessarily the perp was a camper, but that there are a variety of ways to get that vehicle out of the parking lot, while also going unnoticed, and I'm trying to think outside the box a bit in looking at how that could happen. Of course, "drove off before anyone else got there" is the obvious and easy answer, which means it has the best chance of being the right one.

GOOD GRIEF. NO way that crime scene was fully photographed, bagged printed etc, if that is the case. JMO
ITA, this is a large building and the suspect walked around the hallways breaking glass, opening doors, making contact throughout, then brutally murdering a woman. Suspect took the time to inflict multiple injuries to MB. Hard to believe LE would turn the building over to the church so quickly.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

There are .48 bits of video missing between putting the crowbar away and Swatperp tucking something away in vest (instead of crossing arms.) I don't know if that would be 48 seconds.. not sure how fast/slow the video timing measures.

Wow thanks for commenting! Didn't know exactly how to figure that out was hoping someone would comment :)

Hopefully we will have an update from LE tomorrow.:please::please: I don't think we will have an update today because of the LE memorial tonight for their fallen officers. Any update on this case today would distract from that memorial. JMO.

Welcome!

To me, the evidence would indicate the electricity was never turned off. As for an explanation of the perp's actions, I think they were simply trying to stage the look of a break-in, opening as many doors as possible and wearing police gear to appear to be a responding officer, in order to make it easier to attack MB by surprise.

Was it the podcast that mentioned some of the evidence may have been destroyed (or something along those lines) because first responders thought she walked in on a burglary? I know I heard that or read it somewhere, just can't remember where.
I wonder if swatperp was smart enough to think of that as well?

I am one who has watched too many crime shows!

Is it possible the Swatperp used a manhole close to the church? What is the underground system like as far as as a way to escape? Crazy idea, but s/he got to and from the church some way.

I just did a google image search for gun silencer, and you're right - there are some that are light in color, silvery, the shape of a saran wrap box. It certainly makes more sense that a killer would carry a silencer instead of a box of saran wrap.

All the google images I see has the silencer being tube shaped, Saran Wrap box shape.

Can you link your box shaped silencer?

Was it the podcast that mentioned some of the evidence may have been destroyed (or something along those lines) because first responders thought she walked in on a burglary? I know I heard that or read it somewhere, just can't remember where.
I wonder if swatperp was smart enough to think of that as well?

I think that THAT was what all the staging was about.....JMO

Perp could have changed out of the SWAT uniform in the kitchen quickly, or was shucking the uniform as they went to their vehicle. I happen to believe the person is fit or young enough to move quickly. It would not have been a car either I don't believe. Likely a SUV or truck and dark in color. Again, just my theory. The rain would have helped wash the uniform off too. And your theory? I may have missed it. My apologies! These threads move quite rapidly and I have been here since thread 1,

1 If they took off the swat gear, they are carrying it, or it's discarded in the vicinity. But I find both of those as untenable, as one slows him down as he carries all the bulky gear in rain and mud as he tries to make a getaway from the crime scene, and the other leaves it around to be found and used to ID him (which it has not).
2 I don't think car-truck-SUV distinction makes any difference - they are the same scenario in my thinking.
3 My theory is that the perp drove up in a vehicle, it was in church parking lot, and he left the same way at some point. Most likely, simply before anyone else arrived.

Like most posters I think the attack was personal. Some have asked what was going on in MB's mind during the attack? My guess is that the perp would want her to know who they were & why she was gonna die. I would suspect what was running through her mind was "what have I done to my family".

Another possibility is that a gun was used to threaten Missy to shut up and do as I say, but was not fired. If fired, I'd think that the first people who found her would smell the gunshot. JMO................that could explain the dogs, a day or so late and a dollar short.

..of the perp in the released video. I have a hard time consolidating that very characteristic gait with the possibility of a targeted hit. The UNSUB could not have assumed there were no cameras in the church. He would not know until already inside the church. And yet, he would already be in plain site of a possible camera, before even noticing it. Therefore I think the perpetrator either knew about the cameras, or did not care. In that case, why isn't he worried about his gait? He never heard of gait recognition? My thought is, he knew about the cameras, he possibly knew about gait recognition. And he possibly used the cameras to obscure the investigation. I did an experiment, try it: wrap some weights around your legs, they come with velcro, or place some weight somehow beneath the knees and see how you are walking. If you only place weight on one leg, you got the effect. Just a thought. -Nin

IMO the way the suspect walks is due to straps around legs from gear he/she is wearing. That asside, it is not so unusual that without being able to otherwise identify the suspect LE could convict someone because of the way they wark, or even arrest them for that matter. Google police in riot gear, and in every picture, I assure you the individuals wearing full riot gear will have their feet turned out. I walk differently with boots than I do with sneakers. Most people also do not acess the way they walk, as barring an injury, it's probably the way they have always walked therfore not unusual in their own mind. (basicaly dont think perp thought about somone regognizing the way he/she walked)

The perp had to have ditched it somewhere. I wonder if LE has a suspect and has a bunch of circumstantial evidence but is still searching like heck for this bundle to definitely nail the perp.

It could be anywhere: crawl space of unsuspected or unsuspecting person's house; commercial Dumpster in Dallas, stranger's garbage and now in landfill, burned, wood chipper, storm drain, locker at a gym airport or bus station, cleaned and in perp's closet, cleaned and returned to mail-order costume shop, hidden in church ceiling or elsewhere. Or the "gear" might not look so much like one piece of gear or a bundle now. Helmet one place, shirt and pants another, padding another place -- clean and raising no suspicions. Unfortunately.

Someone noted many threads ago, that the "garbage incident".....(hereafter known as "garbagegate") Happened on the 25th of April....so the previous garbage day would have been the 18th of April........JMO

Good catch. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member