TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But LE has already said that there were also extramarital relationships; they were on the verge of divorce last year; if she was cheating, I'm sure THAT devastated him when it happened.
IIRC it was mentioned it may have occurred with both.

To those who are going on the theory that it was a random vandalism or random burglary, is that from the process of elimination because the SW has not been caught as a member of family/friends/coworkers? Or do you really think that is the reason?

I have thought from the first day of this case, that everything is consistent with a burglary gone wrong. If MB was targeted, then suspect went through a hell of a lot of unnecessary work. He could have just ambushed her outside when she got out of her car, shot her, taken her purse and made it look like a robbery. There was no need for him to break into the church and spend 45 minutes vandalizing the place. He could have been done with everything in five minutes.

The process of elimination just reinforces my belief. All known persons have airtight alibis, and if that was a hit man, then he was one of the most amateur hit-men ever. A professional hit-man would have wanted to kill her quick and get the hell out of there.

I'm not going to dig up the links for you, but in an early press conference, LE stated that a car was caught on video in the church parking lot; however, they were not comfortable sharing info (make/model) with the public.

In yesterday's press conference, LE described the Nissan Altima and asked for the public's help identifying the vehicle, owner or driver.

LE did not say they were the same vehicle. They did not say they were not the same vehicle. People here in this thread have deduced of their own accord that it is likely the same vehicle, but that is not a fact stated by LE.

Exactly. LE didn't clarify anything.

So they stated the Nissan was the last video clue they needed but not the actual car caught at the church.

So since the car at the church stopped being mentioned but the Nissan 2 hours earlier in another lot is now being mentioned.

Then wth. Are they the same vehicles.

Or is the church car no longer important?

Btw. The police has never clarified this.

They now seem like the gun lot car and the church lot car are both in the realm without clarifying.

So maybe I'm wrong. But they never cleared that car that they supposedly had on far camera in the church parking lot.

Jmo.

I have thought from the first day of this case, that everything is consistent with a burglary gone wrong. If MB was targeted, then suspect went through a hell of a lot of unnecessary work. He could have just ambushed her outside when she got out of her car, shot her, taken her purse and made it look like a robbery. There was no need for him to break into the church and spend 45 minutes vandalizing the place. He could have been done with everything in five minutes.

The process of elimination just reinforces my belief. All known persons have airtight alibis, and if that was a hit man, then he was one of the most amateur hit-men ever. A professional hit-man would have wanted to kill her quick and get the hell out of there.

He/she didn't have gun for number one but managed to scrounge around for some tools at the church, since his swat uniform didn't come equipped with any tools! :tantrum:

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Fo...idlothian-Murder-Investigation-380275011.html "Rumors on social media sites and false reports about an arrest have hindered the investigation as officers have to review potential leads and tips that have generated from such discussion. He also said it’s been hard on the family to hear an arrest has been made, when in fact one has not been completed." UBM: Does that mean anything or is it just bad wording?
NIce catch... it is odd wording either fed to media specifically, or made up by media. I am not seeing other media outlets publishing those words, and it is not a direct quote.

The process of elimination just reinforces my belief. All known persons have airtight alibis, and if tIhat was a hit man, then he was one of the most amateur hit-men ever. A professional hit-man would have wanted to kill her quick and get the hell out of there.

Amateur or not, it's been a month with no arrest. Seems planned to me....and at the moment, it seems as if the plans worked.

Ok. I think that all the speculations about the car mean nothing. I really am starting to believe this was just interrupted vanadalism. Perp was so nonchalant bc he expected to b alone. Used hammer to bust a few windows and whatnot. Wore the gear bc of the surveillance cameras. Was shocked when MB came in the church and panicked, killed her, then split. I dont believe LE playing games. I really think they have nothing. Unless the perp confesses or they have some dna this will go cold.

Remember we have like 2 minutes out of supposedly 30 +/-. The answer probably lies in the other 28.

In my one experience on a family murder (other jurisdiction), I felt the police played quite a few games with the POI's and public. Actually, we were just trying to figure it out however they could, so I thought it was a bit ingenious, some of their tactics. I don't see that here with MPD. They seem like pretty straight-forward simple thinkers. But then again so did Columbo, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. When they ask for the public's help finding something (car), I don't get the sense they're flushing people out, et al. It almost seems like they just want help finding who's car it is. But then again, they are holding back ton's of information. Some sites have people that are willing to bet their first born that they have first hand information that....And the facts are game-changers. I just think there is a bunch of information we don't know. And that we had people going on the radio show that all but guarantee us that an arrest is shortly imminent. Are they way off base or is their timing off? Frankly in my book, they've staked a bit of their professional reputation. This case would be a fascinating study on small town communication avenues.

The only reason Missy was captured on the cameras at the church is because she pulled up under the Porte Cochere and the inside camera being motion activated caught her arrival at the church. LE pulled the CCTV video from the SWFA gun store because the church outdoor cameras were not working. They caught Missy passing by the store, not Missy pulling into the church parking lot and pulling up under the porte cochere.

Robthomaseyes "I was using "watch" in a more figurative sense. Naturally no one is suggesting that they would WATCH the execution. But they WILL have to watch the events unfold.

They matter. Their feelings matter. I just wonder whether a jury will consider them at that point in time."

At this point and time it could be children or loved one's of a female for all we know.

What windows?!? That car is pulling into 287. Do you not see the street strip right in front of it.

I did not say the church had cameras like that... The picture posted is a picture of the church from video by a news crew not the gun store camera.

Missy was seen on video surveillance at 4:18am. The video has not been released to the public, that I am aware of.

I believe they have a lot more video, but unless posters here have gone to the Midlothian police department and watched that video, then they haven’t seen it. The few seconds of video that has been released, only shows what the suspect was doing in those few seconds. It does not show what he was not doing. So any comments that the suspect did not do something, are personal opinions, not facts.

RobThomas eyes - it's insensitive to the kids posting about their father as such too. Exactly what LE and the MODS have asked to stop.

Ok. I'm done.

2 cars were mentioned in video by LE.

One was at the church in the far corner around the time.

Then one is a Nissan a mile away at the gun shop close to 2 hours earlier.

Now the police need help with the 2 hour earlier gun shop car that was there for 5 minutes.

But the actual car in the far corner of the church during the crime scene time is no longer mentioned nor explained if it's related to the gun lot Nissan.

Now we have posters trying to clarify these things that LE never clarified themselves in regards to the 2 separate videos of any cars.

But I'm suppose to believe the clarification by others on behalf of LE without providing a link to 2 totally different cars from the church and gun lot.

Okay. Yeah right.

Maybe LE should explain deeper or some posters should provide a link of how the 2 cars on video was not related per LE.

Jmo

He/she didn't have gun for number one but managed to scrounge around for some tools at the church, since his swat uniform didn't come equipped with any tools! :tantrum:

I can't see any scenario where this guy wasn't packing. This is Tx. We were standing around after church one day with a bunch of guys and the topic came up so I asked how many of them were packing (I'm the "Yankee"). I was standing in the middle of an arsenal (some had 2). And this is a church. A criminal out of Midlothian breaking into strange places and he doesn't carry? That would seem to be highly unusual.

There's so much evidence that it wasn't a burglary, though - based on facts we actually have.

1. This is a big one: LEO have stated that they believe Missy was targeted. They have more info than I do, so I tend to trust them on this point.

2. It's a church. Slim pickings for a burglar. Plus, locals have confirmed that as far as churches go, it's not an ornate one (no snazzy AV equipment, etc.)

3. The perpetrator committed a pretty heinous murder. If you're completely covered in head-to-toe SWAT gear and someone stumbles in on you committing a murder, your identity is still secure. Why escalate to murder? Why not just flee?

4. Speaking of head-to-toe SWAT gear, is that really necessary when committing a burglary? Why not just use a ski mask? Seems to me to be not just concealing identity, but also protective.

JMO.

Hey Everyone,

We are going to shut this thread down, let everyone cool off and reopen in the morning
Thanks,
Tricia

The new thread will not be opening until later today.

While we're down, I strongly urge every one who plans on posting in this case to review the Rules Forum (particularly the Social Media rules and Etiquette & Information), as well as the opening posts in this thread.

It is each members' responsibility to familiarize themselves with Websleuths' policies and code of conduct. When the new thread opens mods will no longer be editing and removing posts in violation of our rules. Any further infractions will result in a loss of posting privileges.

Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member