TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am cracking up that so many people recognize the person in this. I keep backing up, cocking my head to the side, everything! But still, I can't figure out anything. I am glad that different eyes can see different things. Can y'all at least say if with this enhanced photo you are leaning more towards male or female?

Don't feel bad - I'm in the same boat. 90% of the time I see an alien. I looked at MrsPC's pic on my Mac, and changed the brightness, contrast etc.. just to see IF I could see anything at all. The blue eye color jumped right out (on this monitor,) then a cold dark pupil and a puffy face, (which may just look puffy due to the lighting.) I don't even have an opinion whether it's male or female. I change my mind every week.

I still can't "see" the silver whiteish object SP is carrying around in their left hand that looks like saran wrap, or a sprinkler. My eyes are burning trying to see something there.

Stress fractures take 6-12 weeks to heal if you stop doing what caused the stress fracture. Foot stress fractures are often from repetitive high impact activities (running, jumping, kicking). They can be turn into real fractures if you don't stop the aggravating activity. They also can return, and they are easily misdiagnosed as the stress fracture doesn't show up on X-rays until 4-5 weeks later usually. Any number of things can cause a leg to externally rotate (turn out) though - a stiff ankle being a big culprit, and hip pathology a distant second behind that. A fracture can heal, but that doesn't mean someone couldn't be left with stiffness or weakness 8 months later if they didn't properly rehab it. People I see usually have no idea they are still walking with a foot turned out months later, it becomes their new normal.

My typing took longer... Completely agree.

-Nin

just a random observation from the surveillance video...in the first 14 seconds where the killer is walking along touching the wall - when he/she gets to the end there it's almost like he/she is doing some sort of happy dance IMO...as eery as that might seem. But, for some reason it reminds me of the "singing in the rain" dance from that old musical.

:thinking: would a stress fractured foot cause someone to walk like the Suspect in the video?
especially an 8 month old one? Would it still cause you walking issues

It could cause the person to walk different, especially if they wore a boot for the fracture. I know as I just came out of a boot that I had to wear for the majority of 2 years. (I have bone issue)
But now that I am out of the boot I have difficulty in walking. I have severe pain and I therefore walk compensating that foot. I know this from experience (3 fractures) JMO sorry if this reply violates TOS

How do you post a picture? There is a frame where SP is using the hammer to break the wall/glass/something (on YouTube it's right at 1:45) where you can clearly see the hammer behind the leg during the swing. It's a normal hammer. Black grip, white tape or something at the top of the handle and a chrome/silver head. It had a flat head on one side and a claw on the other. It does appear to be long, probably a framing hammer. But it is a regular hammer...imo

Based on what I've seen over the last few threads I'd say this case is close to becoming a cold case. If that's the case I think going back to the people on the SW is the way to go for LE.

How do you post a picture? There is a frame where SP is using the hammer to break the wall/glass/something (on YouTube it's right at 1:45) where you can clearly see the hammer behind the leg during the swing. It's a normal hammer. Black grip, white tape or something at the top of the handle and a chrome/silver head. It had a flat head on one side and a claw on the other. It does appear to be long, probably a framing hammer. But it is a regular hammer...imo

postpic.png

Where you type your reply, press that icon I circled. Then go to "choose file" and find the picture from your computer. Then press "Upload" underneath the file name.

To post a photo it depends on what device you are using. Desktop computer, use "Go Advanced" button or "Reply with Quote" button - they will take you to another message page where you can scroll down to "Manage Attachments" to upload photos from the web or your computer. This is an enlarged photo of the hammer from many threads ago:

Attachments

• suspect enhanced hammer.jpg
    suspect enhanced hammer.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 59
just a random observation from the surveillance video...in the first 14 seconds where the killer is walking along touching the wall - when he/she gets to the end there it's almost like he/she is doing some sort of happy dance IMO...as eery as that might seem. But, for some reason it reminds me of the "singing in the rain" dance from that old musical.
From the beginning I have always thought the SP looked intoxicated.

I think the killer does not think about the attack at all. At least not in the way we do. He went for target, mission accomplished. He may only be watching to see, if he made a mistake.

-Nin

I'm leaning toward they think that they did someone a favor that they were obsessed with, or they were obsessed with MB and she did not give them the same attention (Not necessarily sexual attraction based attention).

Stress fractures take 6-12 weeks to heal **unless you have an underlying disease such as myself..(osteoporosis) my fractures would get better then they would return as soon as I was allowed to walk without a cast.

if you stop doing what caused the stress fracture. Foot stress fractures are often from repetitive high impact activities (running, jumping, kicking). They can be turn into real fractures if you don't stop the aggravating activity. They also can return, and they are easily misdiagnosed as the stress fracture doesn't show up on X-rays **correct it had to be a detailed scan with nuclear medicine for mine to show

until 4-5 weeks later usually. Any number of things can cause a leg to externally rotate (turn out) though - a stiff ankle being a big culprit, and hip pathology a distant second behind that. A fracture can heal, but that doesn't mean someone couldn't be left with stiffness or weakness 8 months later if they didn't properly rehab it. *again I agree, I have terrible pain therefore I walk different and have been told I will never be the same even with surgery.

People I see usually have no idea they are still walking with a foot turned out months later, it becomes their new normal.

** just my two cents** just offering my experience with fractures. Mine weren't diagnosed for a couple years

ATM I am leaning toward an older female

Its not "ever" forward in my opinion only. There are several frames that look masculine to me, Not the walking frames, the action frames. I.e. Walking down hall pelvic. Breaking into rooms, staging scenes, breaking window? No pelvis.

Do you mean the stance they take when breaking things, opening doors, etc...? If so, I've noticed the stance is a bit more masculine than their walk. But, I know women who carry themselves in that fashion (and men who walk that way for that matter).

I have thought from beginning SP is young male (18-22) out screwing around breaking and entering and possibly filming for fun to look back on and possibly intoxicated. I think he was surprised by MB and did not expect MB to call him out for being there. She possibly thought since she had key to church she was responsible for him being there and confronted him and it escalated. MB does not strike me as an individual that would back down.

Based on what I've seen over the last few threads I'd say this case is close to becoming a cold case. If that's the case I think going back to the people on the SW is the way to go for LE.

They're just tightening the information distribution. Could be a variety of things. They have enough info and are putting it together. They're getting diminishing returns and people are stretching at this point. They don't want more leads because it just obligates more follow up and they already have made a determination. Or they're out of ideas/possible suspects. So yes, there's definitely a lull. But I don't think we can read anything into it. From my experience, yes they are very methodical in investigations. They have a "next step" if they think they're stuck. Most LE aren't generally creative guys, FME. They're systems/process orientated. I don't think they are but they could be. But I wouldn't base it on how much noise they're making.

If I were truly stuck, I'd go out and do some fund-raising (raising money, like $100K reward money) to things going again. But I don't think they're totally stuck. Usually, you start hearing/seeing things from the family that tip you off. Having said that, BB said he's 75% sure it's a woman. Gender is pretty basic. So maybe they are stuck.

All the discussion was on the basis of rumors, and was permitted on this forum outside of the normal rules due to inside information Tricia had from a source. LE later made a statement regarding persons of interest, and now the discussion of that individual is once again off limits.

Doll cat....I went on the link but the only episode I could find was one in which a Scott Brooks was interviwed on 4/28/2016 and that is not the episode I am referring to. The episode I heard had a female guest discussing the case and like I said, she discussed how the locals knew a lot about what was going on in missy and bb's lives and immediately called in with their tips. I am determined to find that episode so hang in there! Ooops, dont know how this got posted here....

Search poster MrsPC - she is the originator of most "eyes" images, and the original post will contain the maximum details. For two eyes, seeMrsPC post on page 2 of this thread. hth.

Also see Sparky's profile pic / avitar

Well is SP is a female with several children she could have a weak bladder. It's a theory. Why not throw it in at this point?

IMO

ETA: Or possibly an older female too. Not uncommon.

I agree with you

Ok....I vote for large garbage bags to put the gear in after the murder.

I've wondered if the gear wasn't quietly lifted, and they had to return it, before it was found missing. Those helmets, and jackets, are not cheap and neither are the light kits. It may possibly be a cheap set to burn up somewhere later, but that light set looked to be fairly nice. Why buy all of that stuff to rob or vandalize a church when a stocking cap, and all black clothing would have worked as well (unless someone you know, sees you on video, on t.v., then neither are fool proof). But it looks as if they picked that item up when they went into that specific part of the church.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
issy565