TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
just a random observation from the surveillance video...in the first 14 seconds where the killer is walking along touching the wall - when he/she gets to the end there it's almost like he/she is doing some sort of happy dance IMO...as eery as that might seem. But, for some reason it reminds me of the "singing in the rain" dance from that old musical.

Yes! Did you also notice s/he seems to be talking themselves too? IIRC it's right around the time s/he is at the doors where the bulletin board is at.

Pelvic? Pelvic-forward walk? WTH? Now I'm all self-conscience if I pelvic forward walk. And they're going to talk my man-card from me. Something else to worry about.

It could cause the person to walk different, especially if they wore a boot for the fracture. I know as I just came out of a boot that I had to wear for the majority of 2 years. (I have bone issue)
But now that I am out of the boot I have difficulty in walking. I have severe pain and I therefore walk compensating that foot. I know this from experience (3 fractures) JMO sorry if this reply violates TOS

Not to mention being weighted down with long iron tools swinging around in your pants pockets, shin guards, and a tactical vest with who knows what. IMO of course.

How do you post a picture? There is a frame where SP is using the hammer to break the wall/glass/something (on YouTube it's right at 1:45) where you can clearly see the hammer behind the leg during the swing. It's a normal hammer. Black grip, white tape or something at the top of the handle and a chrome/silver head. It had a flat head on one side and a claw on the other. It does appear to be long, probably a framing hammer. But it is a regular hammer...imo

If it's Creekside Church Surveillance Video - Update, if you look at the video at :28 when s/he is at the first door by the bulletin board, you can see the size/shape of it really well. That looks more like a brick layers hammer (or possibly a wrecking bar). jmo

attachment.php

Attachments

• 16-oz-fiberglass-bricklayer-s-hammer_lrg.jpg
    16-oz-fiberglass-bricklayer-s-hammer_lrg.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 472
They also said that MB still had her jewelry on.

Yes! And from BB we learn she was wearing her wedding ring. Which means she chose to wear her ring the morning she was murdered. So maybe, BB's saw a chance to address the rumors that Missy was "unfaithful in her marriage" and put it out there. Because who wears other jewelry, besides a wedding ring, while doing an exercise class?

Totally loving the hammer chat and pictures. It's the murder weapon in my opinion. It isn't a common hammer. I think it will tell the tale.

Anyone have any ideas on the one eye pic and who it might be? Initials???

Totally loving the hammer chat and pictures. It's the murder weapon in my opinion. It isn't a common hammer. I think it will tell the tale.

We all see things differently in grainy video, but during the swing, when it's down at his/her side, I see a very common hammer. It is clear enough at that moment to see details. I wish I could post the picture from my phone...

We all see things differently in grainy video, but during the swing, when it's down at his/her side, I see a very common hammer. It is clear enough at that moment to see details. I wish I could post the picture from my phone...

hammer 1.jpg

This is the best I have. Midlothian PD may have a better one on their facebook photos. It's a heavy hammer because they grip it up close to the metal head. Better to balance the weight that way. Looks like they're wearing knee pads in this angle.

If it's Creekside Church Surveillance Video - Update, if you look at the video at :28 when s/he is at the first door by the bulletin board, you can see the size/shape of it really well. That looks more like a brick layers hammer (or possibly a wrecking bar). jmo

attachment.php

I thought the same thing. The camera's distortion is so awful in this pic that we can't even tell what is written on SP's jacket in the same photo. When I blew up the photo of the "saran wrap" box (just as a reference) it looked like it had spikes on it - like the bricklayer's trowel referenced above. The distortion can be deceiving. IMO of course.

attachment.php

This is the best I have. Midlothian PD may have a better one on their facebook photos. It's a heavy hammer because they grip it up close to the metal head. Better to balance the weight that way. Looks like they're wearing knee pads in this angle.

If you go fullscreen at 1:16 in the Creekside Church Surveillance Video - UPDATE, you can get a good view of it but it still looks like it's much larger, w/a longer claw than a normal everyday hammer. I think that item is the primary murder weapon though.

Edit: I'm on a laptop though and watching it at .25 speed.

If you go fullscreen at 1:16 in the Creekside Church Surveillance Video - UPDATE, you can get a good view of it but it still looks like it's much larger, w/a longer claw than a normal everyday hammer. I think that item is the primary murder weapon though.

Edit: I'm on a laptop though and watching it at .25 speed.

Not to beat a dead horse and focus too much on it, but the hammer is probably the murder weapon (imo.). The screen shot here is not the best one to see the tool. It is from much farther away with more distortion. Check when they are hitting the wall and play it frame by frame. It is much more clear.

Not to beat a dead horse and focus too much on it, but the hammer is probably the murder weapon (imo.). The screen shot here is not the best one to see the tool. It is from much farther away with more distortion. Check when they are hitting the wall and play it frame by frame. It is much more clear.

I agree that it is the primary murder weapon but I just think it's not an every day hammer. In almost every clip I've caught sight of it, it just looks different. That's just me though, on a laptop, at f/s in slow-mo and screen freezes. But, I am also interested in what s/he has in their left hand when they get ready to enter the main church area. At first I thought it was a flashlight, but I think it is not, b/c of the light on the helmet.

Agree with you. It's most likely a framing hammer like this one.

image.jpg

Perp's grip of his left hand seems to get tighter while hammering the glass with his right hand. Thumb drives into object, seems to be squishing it:

-Nin

The solid silver-colored metal item in the left hand is hard and cannot be squished, imo. It is a specific part to a vehicle that is metal. Where you notice the thumb pressing is an indentation in the metal part that is almost or could be a hole. It helps the perp grip it without it slipping out of the hand.

An unsub about to perform a horrendous murder would not carry a box of tissue or saran wrap. Hitting someone about the head with a box would cause little harm.

It is exactly what the unsub wanted it to be. A nearly unidentifiable metal item meant to be swung as a dangerous weapon to knock the victim out cold. I stand in the camp that MB did not fight because she was not given an opportunity. MB was ambushed by a hard hit to the head to subdue her. The rest was easy for the unsub because the victim went down unconscious, in the dark, not knowing what hit her.

JMHO

Agree - 100%. IMO - A burglar wouldn't dress like that to go into a church in the middle of the night to rob it. The burglar knows they have to break in, squeeze thru the door/window, dressed in gear, loaded down with tools, with illuminated POLICE letters (normally) on their jacket. This person would be as amble as the Michelin man getting into and leaving the scene of a crime.

He/She would wear solid black tight fitting clothes with a mask, running shoes, a duffle bag and a fast black getaway car. IMO.

BBM

..agree on that.

..I've never thought this was a burglary gone wrong at all. a thief would maybe wear a balaclava over his/her face in case he was seen on surveillance (or by someone ) but wouldn't go to the extreme with the "swat type POLICE gear" get up to pull off a simple robbery. Plus, burglars generally do the "dash and grab", not amble around for lengthy periods of time..

..this perp had plenty of time to steal something if that was the intent, and yet he/she didn't.

..IF burglary was the intent, and he/she was startled by the arrival of Missy, a good serious blow or 2 to the head would have done it to render her unconscious, no need to brutally kill her, while the (disguised) perp fled the scene.

..in my opinion, the perp had planned/was waiting there to kill Missy, the disguise was to fool possible cams/LE, and I'm sure he/she let her know exactly who it was striking those puncture wounds as they occurred.

Perp's grip of his left hand seems to get tighter while hammering the glass with his right hand. Thumb drives into object, seems to be squishing it:

-Nin

Could this be a tripod for a phone?

Correct, but if the test came up as animal blood, it's a moot point. And yes, in certain situations, a lab can and does rush tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState