TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
beach and I just cleaned up a big mess last night and now I have to clean this up this morning. You guys know it's against TOS to bring rumors here, yet here they are.

Lay off the family.

I would suggest you read the Rules and Etiquette thread.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

RUMOR:
a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.
synonyms: gossip, hearsay, talk, tittle-tattle, speculation, word; reports, stories, whispers, canards; informalgrapevine, word on the street, buzz, dirt, scuttlebutt, loose lips

Please thank this post.

Thank you!

Sparky was my post inappropriate, I assure you the LE at the camp is not gossip etc? If it is not allowed I apologize I did try to alert on my own post. So so sorry, if you are referring to me.

Sent from my iPhone

I too agree and speculated on this very possible senecio in the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone

Interesting theory, but I am having trouble with the logistics.....like, if there was a perp vehicle, did they park it right by where they are thought by LE to have entered? Or, if they were dropped off who picked them up?. They could have bagged up all the bloody gear before exiting, but then, why come back in time for class.?.......Maybe because they signed up for the class and would have been noticeably absent when LE looked at the attendee sign-ups? Risky business............JMO

Well, I have been all over the web trying to find the answer to this. It depends on which GJ would be reviewing the evidence.
There is Ellis County http://www.co.ellis.tx.us/index.aspx?nid=83
Tarrant County http://access.tarrantcounty.com/en/criminal-district-attorney/criminal-division/grand-jury.html
and the Federal Grand Jury http://coop.txnd.uscourts.gov/faq/jury.html
I think the Dallas division covers Midlothian http://www.txnd.uscourts.gov/court-jurisdiction

I don't see a schedule for GJ listed on any of the sites but TBH I didn't dig very far past the court calendar for the week. I thought about calling and asking but I'm not sure they would tell me since IIRC most GJ meet in secret. JMO

You are correct it would be NDtx Dallas division.

Sent from my iPhone

First post ever here. I hope what I'm about to say is OK, but I cannot remember if I saw the pics here or somewhere else. Anyway I, too, believe two people are seen on the video. I thought I saw two pictures of SP's left lapel area and in one pic there is one patch and in the other pic there are two patches. Don't know if this has been discussed and validated or discredited. Did I imagine this or can someone corroborate it? Again sorry if I shouldn't have posted this without a citation.

Cheers!
Tj

Ummmm... Then I am not going crazy! I believe the first two videos that LE initially released were altered maybe a day or two after they were released. I have stated before and am stating it again, that something was missing from what we were originally allowed to see. Having said that, I certainly could be mistaken but I recall the exact same thing and the only videos I have watched were either on TV when MSM reported them or off the MPD page so I know it wasn't some hoaxer trying to mess with us. Thank you for posting and WELCOME!

Sent from my iPhone

BBM

Very interesting. When I originally saw the videos I thought it was two different perps.

Does anyone have a clue where we could locate the pics TJ is talking about? TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Is the GJ in session now? And if so when is their last day. TIA
Well, I have been all over the web trying to find the answer to this. It depends on which GJ would be reviewing the evidence.
Tarrant County http://access.tarrantcounty.com/en/criminal-district-attorney/criminal-division/grand-jury.html
I think the Dallas division covers Midlothian http://www.txnd.uscourts.gov/court-jurisdiction

I don't see a schedule for GJ listed on any of the sites but TBH I didn't dig very far past the court calendar for the week. I thought about calling and asking but I'm not sure they would tell me since IIRC most GJ meet in secret. JMO

Maybe harder than we think answering Sparky question :thinking: We do not have Grand Juries in my state. But the regular juries are for the most part iirc 4 months and the group for the incoming are sent summons and have orientation month prior to their term. So a new jury pool is ready to start day last jury pool ends. I know a few counties do that, not sure if all do. JMHO

Interesting Article
Texas House OKs changes to how grand juries are selected
Published: 23 May 2015 10:58 PM
Updated: 26 May 2015 04:34 PM

<snip>
The overhaul measure, Dutton said, would bring Texas&#8217; grand jury system in line with other states.

&#8220;Texas would join the rest of the nation in doing that because that is no longer the way in which grand juries are impaneled in any state in this union,&#8221; he said.

The bill would make jury wheels the lone option for judges. That would eliminate the commissioner practice, which has been called the &#8220;pick-a-pal&#8221; or &#8220;key-man&#8221; system for the ability of judges to appoint their friends to those posts.
<snip>
County by county
Most counties in Texas have used grand jury commissioners. To do so is up to the judge. In North Texas, judges in Collin, Dallas, Denton and Tarrant counties use commissioners, though some do so in addition to random selection.

Rockwall County strictly uses random selection for its grand juries, using the same pool as for trial jurors, said Damita Sangermano, an assistant district attorney.

In Dallas County, judges impanel 16 grand juries a year, each with three-month terms, using random and commissioner selection. Unlike jurors at trial, grand jury service in Texas is &#8220;completely voluntary,&#8221; said Dallas County Assistant District Attorney Ellyce Lindberg in an email.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...-changes-to-how-grand-juries-are-selected.ece

BBM

Very interesting. When I originally saw the videos I thought it was two different perps.

Does anyone have a clue where we could locate the pics TJ is talking about? TIA.

I have no clue. I like to stick to the facts and only go from MSM or the MPD and I don't want to taint my memory by looking for something that someone may have doctored.

Sent from my iPhone

Interesting theory, but I am having trouble with the logistics.....like, if there was a perp vehicle, did they park it right by where they are thought by LE to have entered? Or, if they were dropped off who picked them up?. They could have bagged up all the bloody gear before exiting, but then, why come back in time for class.?.......Maybe because they signed up for the class and would have been noticeably absent when LE looked at the attendee sign-ups? Risky business............JMO

The logistics is what makes it difficult for me as well. We still don't know what areas (in or out) that LE has camera footage from, but my guess is more than we have scene. I think it would be hard to leave the murder area to go somewhere else to clean up, then leave the building and then come back in, with nothing caught on camera or looking odd to others at the scene.

The 4:35 arrival time of C1. Was that timestamped from some video or just what time C1 told LE they arrived?

The district judge appoints three to five jury commissioners. The jury commissioners then select 15 - 40 prospective grand jurors. The prospective grand jurors are now eligible for jury selection. The district judge directs that 20-125 people are summoned as prospective grand jurors.Aug 4, 2015

Texas Grand Jury Selection to Become More Random
by Patrick Svitek Aug. 4, 2015

snip
House Bill 2150, which goes into effect Sept. 1, ends the state's controversial "pick-a-pal" system in which judges appoint commissioners, sometimes friends, who then tap jurors to be summoned. Already outlawed in many other states, the process has been criticized for leading to conflicts of interest and not representing the diversity of individual communities.

More at link and explanation of new GJ rule https://www.texastribune.org/2015/08/04/texas-grand-jury-selection-become-more-random/

LE (who has seen ALL the video there is, and in better form and with more ability to examine than we have) has said explicitly there is only one person seen in all of that video. (Did I recall correctly that they even swore to that, under oath, in writing? I'm thinking so. But I am certain they made it clear to the media they only see one perp person on video in the church.)

Just trying to catch up on anything I might have missed over the past couple of days. Can someone please give me a link to where it says LE is going to someone's CG classes? Sorry, I don't have time to read every single post today and this interests me a ton.

TIA!

Also, I was all over Missy's FB within an hour or 2 of her murder being publicized. I took screen shots of everything and there was not a post anywhere of her stopping at a fire station. I will check again, but I never saw it. That info/rumor came from one of the locals here. (Sorry, can't remember the name!) :blushing:

Not sure why the fire station thingy matters so much anyway. Just trying to clear up some things.

Maybe harder than we think answering Sparky question :thinking: We do not have Grand Juries in my state. But the regular juries are for the most part iirc 4 months and the group for the incoming are sent summons and have orientation month prior to their term. So a new jury pool is ready to start day last jury pool ends. I know a few counties do that, not sure if all do. JMHO

Interesting Article

<snip>
The overhaul measure, Dutton said, would bring Texas&#8217; grand jury system in line with other states.

&#8220;Texas would join the rest of the nation in doing that because that is no longer the way in which grand juries are impaneled in any state in this union,&#8221; he said.

The bill would make jury wheels the lone option for judges. That would eliminate the commissioner practice, which has been called the &#8220;pick-a-pal&#8221; or &#8220;key-man&#8221; system for the ability of judges to appoint their friends to those posts.
<snip>
County by county
Most counties in Texas have used grand jury commissioners. To do so is up to the judge. In North Texas, judges in Collin, Dallas, Denton and Tarrant counties use commissioners, though some do so in addition to random selection.

Rockwall County strictly uses random selection for its grand juries, using the same pool as for trial jurors, said Damita Sangermano, an assistant district attorney.

In Dallas County, judges impanel 16 grand juries a year, each with three-month terms, using random and commissioner selection. Unlike jurors at trial, grand jury service in Texas is &#8220;completely voluntary,&#8221; said Dallas County Assistant District Attorney Ellyce Lindberg in an email.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...-changes-to-how-grand-juries-are-selected.ece

WOW I hope that they are well-vetted and check biases at the door, because a GJ is a prosecutorial investigative tool. JMO

Bad memory here...< sorry > How do we know that C1 called BB before the LE did?

Just trying to catch up on anything I might have missed over the past couple of days. Can someone please give me a link to where it says LE is going to someone's CG classes? Sorry, I don't have time to read every single post today and this interests me a ton.

TIA!

Also, I was all over Missy's FB within an hour or 2 of her murder being publicized. I took screen shots of everything and there was not a post anywhere of her stopping at a fire station. I will check again, but I never saw it. That info/rumor came from one of the locals here. (Sorry, can't remember the name!) :blushing:

Not sure why the fire station thingy matters so much anyway. Just trying to clear up some things.

Hi JLSChook - I believe that information came from Glammie, a local. Some of it may have been deleted in an effort to clean up posts from others causing some issues yesterday. She noted there was LE at the 5:00am camp the first few weeks, then a break, then a single officer yesterday. This is all from memory so Glammie can clarify when back! :)

Interesting Article

<snip>

<snip>
County by county

Thanks for the info. Here in Florida/ Lee County our GJ convenes for 6 months at a time. They are very strict. If you don't have transportation for a day or two for example, they will send a driver. Any health related absences have to be confirmed by a doctor. They will not start until you are at the GJ room. They will call you and even threaten you..;--)..yep, they take it very serious, and really it is.

-Nin

Okay according to the clerk for usdcndtx

I was advised the GJ normally meets M, W and Friday every week. It's normally a half day meeting however, it is not uncommon for them to meet outside those hours or on different days if there are extenuating circumstances. So to answer Sparkys question they are always in session, year round.

Sent from my iPhone

Bad memory here...< sorry > How do we know that C1 called BB before the LE did?

It's not confirmed that C1 called BB just that someone (a "friend") from the camp called him via KS Dateline interview (and possibly one of his 1st interviews but I don't remember hearing him say it, only his sister KStout) IMO

ETA Link: http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Slain-Fitness-Instructors-Sister-in-Law-Speaks-to-Dateline-376629821.html

ETTA:
Stout said her mother, Missy Bevers' mother-in-law, called her at about 5:30 a.m. Monday and said she'd been told Bevers had been in a crash. While she went to be with Bevers, she asked Stout to go to her brother's home and take care of the couple's three daughters. A short time later, Stout said she received another call. "An officer called my brother and said that Missy had passed," Stout said.

BBM

all videos released are all over internet. It is highly unlikley that the videos would be altered by LE.

Glammie, I have a question if you feel comfortable sharing. When locals discuss the murder do you get the sense many are leaning towards a common perp or are the opinions there as varied as they are here?

TIA!

Page 42 post # 625

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members