TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if the perp was holding a box of saran wrap then they either:

1. took it with them .. but LE said nothing material was stolen.
2. left it somewhere in the church other that where they stole it from .. in which case LE would have found a random box of saran wrap not in the kitchen
3. have put it back where they found it and would be on video returning to the kitchen with it.

imo

We don't know where the edits in the surveillance video came and which part of the murderer's walkabout came before another. If the part where s/he stares at the video camera comes before the trip into the room where s/he picked up the UCO (unidentified carried object) maybe the item was just a random box or item used to extend the murderer's reach so s/he could push the camera up so it no longer could catch the murder on video.

I'm short. I'll grab a box at the grocery store to reach another box on the top shelf. What I use is immaterial. It's the reach that's the goal.

Back to the SWATPERP video at the MPD website. The item in the left hand as SP swings the hammer into some glass, all the way at the end of the video, is clearly a square ended, rectangular object with smooth edges. It is shaped like a box of Saran Wrap and that is why everyone called it that. When the photo is enhanced, it looks like Godzilla eating Tokyo, all jagged edges and what appears to be empty space. It is not. Clearly, it is a square ended, rectangular object and much like a box of wrap, has no empty space. Although I truly appreciate the enhancement, it was of no help and, to me, is too distorted to use in a meaningful way. I think the MPD video image is clear enough to see the details of the shape of the object.

So, before we launch into the absurd, can we figure out what object, shaped just like a box of wrap and which is definitely not Godzilla eating Tokyo, is in his hand? I notice some movements at that scene that suggest to me that SP gained entry into the room behind what I assume to be a door with a glass window. All we can see are SP's feet but I think they move forward, into the room. Before this, SP's left arm raises up, as if grabbing the door jamb up high, then the foot moves forward. It is a very brief moment.

Study those last few seconds if you will. What could be of use in his left hand, at the door jamb or through the broken window, and looks like a box of wrap? If it served no purpose, SP would not have hung on to it but it stayed in the left hand as the arm rose high. Huh. What help did it provide in getting into that room?

Of course, it could be a box of cookies from the kitchen.

At one point I jumped as I thought it was a bottle of barbeque lighter fluid but convinced myself after seeing the same sequence over and over that I was just tired. Anyway, it has a purpose. It is not a tri-pod ,or a ramming tool, or the panic bar from another door or anything else that has been suggested on these 29 threads.

When I first saw the video I thought maybe swatperp had picked up the box (or whatever is in left hand) to use to clear out any jagged glass from broken window. He/she wouldn't want to be cut when reaching inside to unlock the door. That's just what my first thought was so JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct. I was a little surprised that Peter Schulte, being an experienced investigator and attorney, seemingly jumped to the conclusion of plural.

I also considered the fact that Peter has consulted with a lot of people. And was introduced onto the show as kind of an expert on the ordeal, and MAY have more information than us WS. Or he might have tripped up.

<modsnip>

thanks. you're right. that is an important clarification. There is not even official confirmation of more than one affair.
And if there was more than one it still doesn't by definition have to mean more than one partner in the relationship. One person could have relationships and the other could have had none. We don't know from this document.

IDK what purpose it might serve but it sure looks a lot like this box of plastic wrap to me.

f409ab24e4abd01fb70c640640bef9f5.jpg

Hi-Valu is apparently a company that sells commercial restaurant/food service supplies. Maybe he/she grabbed it from the kitchen area and used the cutting device on the dispenser for some unknown purpose? (Although, I have no idea what purpose it might serve or how helpful it could possibly be.)

I haven't put much stock in the idea that the box the killer is carrying could be plastic wrap, but I have to admit you've given me reason to reconsider.

If it truly is plastic wrap, possibly its purpose was to cover a smartphone or tablet to prevent leaving fingerprints or DNA while still being able to utilize touchscreen capabilities.

Were Missy's phone (and tablet?) found in her truck or in the church?

Reminds me of the Shock Top logo
OR those darn CCA FISH stickers everyone had when I was a kid.

I find it amazing in today's law enforcement where we have advances in DNA and other trace evidence that we can have video and yet no arrest. But LE has surveillance video in the Jennifer Kesse and Peggy McGuire cases and it is really not doing much good there either.

I thought we'd see an arrest or other action after this last weekend, but nothing yet.

Astonishing, isn't it? But if you really think about it, how many regulars are posting on this forum? How many opinions on what they're seeing in the video? Male, female, heavy, curvy, thin, lean, tall, short, athletic, non-athletic, graceful, clumsy, drunk, injured, on and on and on. Very few of us here can even agree on what we're seeing - despite studying the video for endless hours. It may be the same in LE. They might all be seeing something different. With not much else to go on, some investigators may not be looking as close at certain persons because it doesn't fit what their eyes are telling them.

This is the closest match I have seen to the image. LOL But seriously, what about the serrated edge? What can it do? Cut wires? Do we think that SWATPERP was ad libing or just having cookies?

Is it 'gasp' a home made silencer?

Holy crap! You might be right. I don't know why I've never considered that. Actually, yes I do. I didn't even know it was possible to make a homemade suppressor with a cardboard box at home. But apparently, not only can you make one, but those plastic wrap boxes are ideal to use because of the holes on each end of the box.

(I'm fairly certain that my search history has landed me on an FBI watch list somewhere.)

Agreed. MPD: “We are casting a wide net, everywhere where we think we might get a lead.”

Six degrees of separation to nail Swatperp.

I find it way too coincidental MB was friends with one of the best divorce attorneys in DFW until she was murdered. This is why I lean toward murder for hire.

I haven't put much stock in the idea that the box the killer is carrying could be plastic wrap, but I have to admit you've given me reason to reconsider.

If it truly is plastic wrap, possibly its purpose was to cover a smartphone or tablet to prevent leaving fingerprints or DNA while still being able to utilize touchscreen capabilities.

Were Missy's phone (and tablet?) found in her truck or in the church?

I saw a show recently where they were getting finger prints THRU certain kinds of gloves. Technology is advancing rapidly.

Astonishing, isn't it? But if you really think about it, how many regulars are posting on this forum? How many opinions on what they're seeing in the video? Male, female, heavy, curvy, thin, lean, tall, short, athletic, non-athletic, graceful, clumsy, drunk, injured, on and on and on. Very few of us here can even agree on what we're seeing - despite studying the video for endless hours. It may be the same in LE. They might all be seeing something different. With not much else to go on, some investigators may not be looking as close at certain persons because it doesn't fit what their eyes are telling them.

12 people unanimously beyond a reasonable doubt is a high bar. And LE knows it. Because of all the ambiguity, the reasonable doubt facet is just going to get absolutely hammered (no pun intended).

A new thread needs new info. So, hopefully LE will release some news, soon, for us to discuss.

I've read all the threads this case(yes, allllll), but it's finally time for my first post... Unfortunately, I'm on my Kindle right now, and it isn't quite cooperating how I would ideally like to post with images, so the link will have to suffice. My idea for the sticker on the Altima is an Oklahoma State decal, which may be why they haven't come forward, if they honestly don't know the car is of any interest (https://www.decalsextremeonline.com...nyl-Die-Cut-Decal-Sticker-4-Sizes-_p_475.html). Do we know if the plate has been confirmed as a Texas plate? The only thing I can't reconcile is why they would be on that highway if they were traveling to/from OK. ...RSBM... All MOO/IMO/JMO.
I think your Oklahoma State sticker is closer to the shape with a rectangle on top of some other shape like an oval. One of my first thoughts was some kid went home to Midlo or Waco or somewhere for the weekend, and was traveling back to school very early Monday morning on I35, punched fast food into the GPS, exited to get some Whataburger and wait out the worst of a downpour before getting back on the road. (No, I never was so young to get up at 1 or 2 AM on a Monday to drive to school or work over 150 miles away ;) In spite of everyone's hard work in the last thread, I still believe the clearest image of the bumper sticker is on the original photo of the car.
attachment.php
I have always thought it looked like one of too many to count Harley Davidson stickers - the one below without the white peel away background (they have them like that that peel off leaving only the HD shape).

Attachments

• VEHICLE Harley sticker.jpeg
    VEHICLE Harley sticker.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 41
A new thread needs new info. So, hopefully LE will release some news, soon, for us to discuss.

I join you in wishful thinking. Sadly, I don't see LE playing their hand any time soon. This could be a death penalty case. ;)

I wish I could like this many times over. It's so interesting seeing the very different conclusions different people come to looking at the same videos and reading the same information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13