TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
a) MB had found out about the guns

b) She had told someone she was going to LE with this info

c) MB did contact LE with the info,. jmo

Animosity towards MB for taking customers away from gym membership to CG?

Such a tough case.

I keep flip flopping to either a random perp or someone she may have known.

The thing that makes me lean towards a random perp looking to just rob whatever he could is if it would have been someone purposely going after her then wouldnt the perp know her car wasnt there and wouldn't the perp want to just wait and abush her when she arrives.
Seems perp would have waited to where she would park and attack her before she even got inside.
Or perp would have known her car wasn't there and maybe would have not even went in till she got there. Why risk alarms or other things if her car wasn't even there. Assuming if he knew her he would know her car.

The fact the perp arrived at the church and was walking around before she even got there just has me thinking it could have been a random perp and when she arrived he felt trapped and felt he had to kill her to get away.

I suppose he could have known her and wanted to get inside before she got there and if he knew the room she worked out in then maybe he planned to get there early and ambush her inside. So I suppose it doesn't help lean us one way or the other that he got there first.

The things that make me lean to him knowing her is all the crazy swat gear. Seems a normal random perp would not dress like that and that seems extreme for any random perp. A random burglar would maybe have a ski mask and weapon or something. The gear the person had on was really bizarre and kind of makes me lean to someone that knew her. To protect him or herself when attacking her.

This case is very strange and thanks to everyone who have shared some good posts here. Its been interesting to read everyones ideas about the case.

Much much greater chance of her escaping outside. We can debate her fighting strength/acumen, but from her workout video, the girl looked like she could run. CERTAINLY faster than a hobble SP. SP needed walls, doors and the element of surprise to take her down. If she pulled up and saw a person outside, she'd either step on it (if she was inside the car) or hightail it out of there and to the nearby highway if she was outside the car.

I think he took an annual fishing trip, but this particular location was bucket list.

Didn't know he was a fisherman. In the first interview, the charter was referred to as a "ship". Lots of fishing charter-goers out of my house, and I've never heard one referred to as a ship. And it isn't impossible to reach someone on a fishing charter - radios, Coast Guard, some wayward cell service! Just some things I noticed about referencing the fishing trip.

My husband had neck surgery to remove a tumor and fusion in January. The only issues he had prior to the surgery was slight numbness in his right hand and a "catch" in the right knee. I described it to the neurosurgeon as a slight hop in his step...very similar to the green man.

Looking at Green Man walking forward, I think he has a right knee injury to the ACL or even maybe recent surgery on that knee and by recent I would say this is about 8 weeks post surgery. It doesn't look like he can straighten it out all the way. Anyone with recent knee surgery?

His comment about the "Bucket List" fishing trip has nagged at me. I consider anything on a "Bucket List" to be something you haven't done yet but want to do before you die. My interpretation is that the fishing trip was held every year, not that he went on the fishing trip. Maybe I missed something but has anyone found if he took this trip every year? If he did, why was it a "bucket list" trip?

My interpretation is that it's just an expanded meaning of "bucket list". You can have a lifetime "bucket list", things you want to do before you die, and I think that some people stretch it to consider a yearly "bucket list" as things that you want to do every year. IIRC he even called it a "yearly bucket list". Technically, you're correct in the original definition; but people muddle up things all the time.

Such a tough case.

The thing that makes me lean towards a random perp looking to just rob whatever he could is if it would have been someone purposely going after her then wouldnt the perp know her car wasnt there and wouldn't the perp want to just wait and abush her when she arrives.
Seems perp would have waited to where she would park and attack her before she even got inside.
Or perp would have known her car wasn't there and maybe would have not even went in till she got there. Why risk alarms or other things if her car wasn't even there. Assuming if he knew her he would know her car.

The fact the perp arrived at the church and was walking around before she even got there just has me thinking it could have been a random perp and when she arrived he felt trapped and felt he had to kill her to get away.

I suppose he could have known her and wanted to get inside before she got there and if he knew the room she worked out in then maybe he planned to get there early and ambush her inside. So I suppose it doesn't help lean us one way or the other that he got there first.

The things that make me lean to him knowing her is all the crazy swat gear. Seems a normal random perp would not dress like that and that seems extreme for any random perp. A random burglar would maybe have a ski mask and weapon or something. The gear the person had on was really bizarre and kind of makes me lean to someone that knew her. To protect him or herself when attacking her.

This case is very strange and thanks to everyone who have shared some good posts here. Its been interesting to read everyones ideas about the case.

Great post. I have the same thoughts on everything you said. Such a bizarre case. Every time I come up with a POI, I change my mind because someone else fits better! Ugh. Missy was so social and 'out there' that there are a ton of possibilities for meanness...so many potential players. JMO.

Yes, wondered about that myself. Why have the two 911 calls never been released ? ETA is there possibly some mention of the way MB's body was found ? And LE wants to keep that info out of the loop ? Because it gives insight into the killer ? jmo
It is not uncommon to solve an unsolved mystery by sequestering as much information as possible and catch the perp when he/she references something that wasn't released. In Orlando, there is no question of who the suspect is.

I thought the very first time I saw the video that SP was drunk as he/she is certainly off balance as in falling backwards.

If the video of SP is when he first enters the church, maybe he is just rambling around making sure he is alone! We've had recent cases in my city of homeless people stowing away for the night in buildings. A stormy night would be a good reason to find shelter. Also, as I've watched the video over and over, I've debated if SP is walking with that strange gait because he is trying to walk quietly so he can hear if someone drives up, enters the building, or is already in the building. I hate to admit I still check every room and closet in my house if I arrive home after dark. And I imagine I look like a beat cop at the beginning of a creepy Law and Order or CSI episode! Another thought is just relating to a personal experience of wearing shoes to work with a squeaky heal or sole! Walking down a quiet hall made the squeak obnoxious enough that I never wore the shoes again. The harder I tried to lesson the squeak, the louder it sounded. And finally, it's possible SP has athritis that is worse when it's rainy, gout, or bunions that could cause an odd gait.

I may end up being wrong but I cannot see this murder as anything other than a very personal crime, planned by someone MB knew. Maybe the spouse of someone she knew. But jmo.

His comment about the "Bucket List" fishing trip has nagged at me. I consider anything on a "Bucket List" to be something you haven't done yet but want to do before you die. My interpretation is that the fishing trip was held every year, not that he went on the fishing trip. Maybe I missed something but has anyone found if he took this trip every year? If he did, why was it a "bucket list" trip?

Maybe he was going to do a different type of fishing than previous years?

I may end up being wrong but I cannot see this murder as anything other than a very personal crime, planned by someone MB knew. Maybe the spouse of someone she knew. But jmo.

The only thing that would surprise me in this case was if this crime was random. In fact, I would be beyond shocked if MB was simply at the wrong place at the wrong time. I feel highly confident that MB knew her attacker (or the person who ordered her death in the case of a hit).

I keep wondering why MB was attacked at her place of employment rather than her home. While I am trying not to put too much weight into that circumstance, I keep concluding that the killer cared and showed empathy for the rest of MB's family. That's a stark contrast to the way in which MB was killed.

Looking at Green Man walking forward, I think he has a right knee injury to the ACL or even maybe recent surgery on that knee and by recent I would say this is about 8 weeks post surgery. It doesn't look like he can straighten it out all the way. Anyone with recent knee surgery?

TeaTime, I noticed a limp in the last step too. One that I don't see on the original video. I keep thinking that may be due to having cut that last stride in half in the loop animation. I'll have to go over it some more later to see if there's an actual limp.

The only thing that would surprise me in this case was if this crime was random. In fact, I would be beyond shocked if MB was simply at the wrong place at the wrong time. I feel highly confident that MB knew her attacker (or the person who ordered her death in the case of a hit).

I keep wondering why MB was attacked at her place of employment rather than her home. While I am trying not to put too much weight into that circumstance, I keep concluding that the killer cared and showed empathy for the rest of MB's family.

And I think the killer had some words to say. I think the killer wanted her to know who was responsible for her death, and it probably got pretty loud. Have that interaction anywhere other than when she was alone, and the killer risked ear witnesses, eye witnesses, etc. Whether by design or just very fortunate circumstances, those asleep in the house had no knowledge of the murder. Couldn't be called to testify. Wouldn't be put in awkward situation during investigation and interviews.........just sayin......

The hand carrying the tool has changed in the two views, hasn't it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That's correct. When he walks around the corner toward the dutch doors, he's carrying the tool in his left hand. When he comes back toward the camera later, he's carrying it in his right. But this is just prior to him lifting his left hand with what appears to be a flashlight.

Animosity towards MB for taking customers away from gym membership to CG?

That's a possibility, jmo I'm thinking this had to do with the gun case that was going on during the time she was killed. jmo I do wonder if she had a friend in LE who she had discussed this with, but jmo

And I think the killer had some words to say. I think the killer wanted her to know who was responsible for her death, and it probably got pretty loud. Have that interaction anywhere other than when she was alone, and the killer risked ear witnesses, eye witnesses, etc. Whether by design or just very fortunate circumstances, those asleep in the house had no knowledge of the murder. Couldn't be called to testify. Wouldn't be put in awkward situation during investigation and interviews.........just sayin......

I agree with you, but that just leads further credence to this being personal. Very personal. If a gun was used, why not shoot Missy as she was getting in her truck? IMO, that's what a professional would have done. There wouldn't have been cameras. There wouldn't have been a need to hang around the crime scene for an extended period of time.

On the other hand if SP knew that this death was going to be up and close and personal, an isolated location makes more sense. An added benefit is that those sweet children wouldn't have been the ones to find their mom. Up and close personal leads me to believe this murder was done to punish MB for something.

ETA - While I agree that the killer likely wanted MB to know who was behind the mask, I think that she was ambushed. Being ambushed doesn't necessarily fit with a loud exchange of words.

It is not uncommon to solve an unsolved mystery by sequestering as much information as possible and catch the perp when he/she references something that wasn't released. In Orlando, there is no question of who the suspect is.

true enough.and Florida does have sunshine laws. What I really don't get is why LE has not shown the whole video of the SP inside the church. A local might well have some valuable insight. jmo

My intermediate contact is not wanting to get involved. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to deliver on that offer. :shame:

No worries, okie. I started to feel a bit uncomfortable for asking anyway, so I sure understand where they're coming from. Thank you for offering just the same.

Perp wants us to believe it was a robbery/vandalism gone wrong. That's why he was there early. In fact, it seems to me that SP and his accomplice have been successful at confounding us at many different turns. And that's part of their plan. Might even have to use it at a trial - 'I was burglaring and she surprised me.' Etc., MOO

Such a tough case.

Maybe he was going to do a different type of fishing than previous years?

--it was referenced ( on a NG episode) that this particular trip was to the Chandeleur Islands, looking up the charters there, it's quite expensive (although I believe we heard his trip was paid for by someone or other) so I would agree that this was a "special" fishing trip.

--also, looking at the info re: available charters, I find it hard to believe that he would think that there would be no way of contacting him once they set out on the water.

--reference to the Chandeleur Islands here:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1605/04/ng.01.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members