TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But I can't help but think if this Swatperp were that desperate for a fix, he wouldn't be sauntering around for 30 minutes in a church breaking glass and not stealing anything. In other words, while this may eventually be drug-related, I don't see Swatperp as strung out in the video.

If he was so desperate, he could have pawned his swat gear..or not having purchased it to begin with, if he did.

-Nin

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
Agree. Been right at a month since we last heard from ANYONE .. MPD, BB and no new letters to the Killer from MT. Just everyone going social media private after all this time odd JMHO, I would be wanting to keep it in the media to find my loved ones murderer.

It's true! LE had their last press conference on May 20. BB gave his exclusive interview to People Magazine May 25th. On June 3, detectives said they were stymied in their investigation. Then, *crickets*.

Let's hope a reporter is reading here and will make a call to see what's going on with Missy's investigation. I'm curious how many LE are still actively working the case.

BB also did his Exclusive with Richard Ray from Fox4 after the May 20 MPD Press Conf POSTED:MAY 24 2016 09:27PM CDT UPDATED:MAY 24 2016 10:41PM CDT http://www.fox4news.com/news/144581978-story

LinkedIn SW Snips:

:thinking: So does that mean that MB allegedly showed the friend the message on April 16?

Also :thinking:
4/27 last dated SW executed, that is known to the public. :thinking: how many total are sealed and what are they for? What are the SW that the SW# skipped for? SW#s I ref from my prior post: May 8 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-12&p=12536361#post12536361 JMHO we won't know any of this until an arrest or the time line for sealing has expired

Art. 18.011. SEALING OF AFFIDAVIT. (a) An attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request a district judge or the judge of an appellate court to seal an affidavit presented under Article 18.01(b). The judge may order the affidavit sealed if the attorney establishes a compelling state interest in that:
(1) public disclosure of the affidavit would jeopardize the safety of a victim, witness, or confidential informant or cause the destruction of evidence; or
(2) the affidavit contains information obtained from a court-ordered wiretap that has not expired at the time the attorney representing the state requests the sealing of the affidavit.
(b) An order sealing an affidavit under this section expires on the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed. After an original order sealing an affidavit is issued under this article, an attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request, and a judge may grant, before the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed, on a new finding of compelling state interest, one 30-day extension of the original order.
(c) On the expiration of an order issued under Subsection (b) and any extension, the affidavit must be unsealed.

(d) An order issued under this section may not:
(1) prohibit the disclosure of information relating to the contents of a search warrant, the return of a search warrant, or the inventory of property taken pursuant to a search warrant; or
(2) affect the right of a defendant to discover the contents of an affidavit.

More at link http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/CR/htm/CR.18.htm

If I'm reading this correctly, all search warrants will become unsealed before the end of this month.... Is that what others are seeing as well?

Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
LinkedIn SW Snips:

So does that mean that MB allegedly showed the friend the message on April 16?

Also
4/27 last dated SW executed, that is known to the public. how many total are sealed and what are they for? What are the SW that the SW# skipped for? SW#s I ref from my prior post: May 8 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...1#post12536361 JMHO we won't know any of this until an arrest or the time line for sealing has expired

Art. 18.011. SEALING OF AFFIDAVIT. (a) An attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request a district judge or the judge of an appellate court to seal an affidavit presented under Article 18.01(b). The judge may order the affidavit sealed if the attorney establishes a compelling state interest in that:
(1) public disclosure of the affidavit would jeopardize the safety of a victim, witness, or confidential informant or cause the destruction of evidence; or
(2) the affidavit contains information obtained from a court-ordered wiretap that has not expired at the time the attorney representing the state requests the sealing of the affidavit.
(b) An order sealing an affidavit under this section expires on the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed. After an original order sealing an affidavit is issued under this article, an attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request, and a judge may grant, before the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed, on a new finding of compelling state interest, one 30-day extension of the original order.
(c) On the expiration of an order issued under Subsection (b) and any extension, the affidavit must be unsealed.
(d) An order issued under this section may not:
(1) prohibit the disclosure of information relating to the contents of a search warrant, the return of a search warrant, or the inventory of property taken pursuant to a search warrant; or
(2) affect the right of a defendant to discover the contents of an affidavit.

More at link http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u.../htm/CR.18.htm

If I'm reading this correctly, all search warrants will become unsealed before the end of this month.... Is that what others are seeing as well?

That is what I have been reading trying to figure out for the last hour or so lol. What I am unsure of is if "SEALING OF AFFIDAVIT" is different than what the AG has stated. Funny thing I did not realize there was a conversation again prior to my posting of my thinking was a LEO gun was what was in play. JMHO Still reading..

ETA: at the moment, I am thinking they are different?

If I am understanding the AG/City Attorney doc, the AG has made an Opinion that "all" the surveillance footage, 911 calls, offense/incident reports and autopsy meet guidelines to not have to disclose. We do not know anything about any other SW.
Section 552.108(a)(1)
Section 552.108(a)(1) states that information held by a law enforcement agency or prosecutor that deals with the detection, investigation, or prosecution of crime is excepted from required public disclosure if "release of the information would interfere with the detection, investigation, or prosecution of crime." Information pertaining to a pending case is one example where release of that information would interfere with the detection, investigation, or prosecution of crime and may therefore be withheld.

But JMHO on SW, by the numbers written on them there could be more than we have seen due to the skipping of numbers. Only 7 SW have been filed (3 of the 7 have SW# on them). SW must be file if executed, unless sealed. Or that's how I am reading. SW #s 16-050 - 16-060 UNLESS those other number are for another case SWs. JMHO and a very good possibility, maybe lol Just think it would be odd that these are the ONLY SW in this case.
JMHO

1) Filed 4/21 SW16-050 Is to go into the 2012 Ford F150 at MPD
2) Filed 4/27 SW16-059 Dry Cleaner **note what are the docs between this an #50? Also this SW#59 was written (4/22) after #60< which was written on 4/19
3) Filed 5/3 SW16-060 MB iPhone & iPad for Forensic Extraction

Respectfully BBM

Remember we only know a small amount (from 2 SW (1) for Ford F150 April 18 to get MB stuff out (2) from the iPhone & iPad April 19 to do extraction) A hammer head blow could be considered a puncture jmho

Bevers was declared dead Monday morning, but no cause of death was given. Tuesday afternoon, Midlothian police said the autopsy by the Dallas County medical examiner had been completed but that the results were being withheld pending the ongoing investigation by their department, county officials and the Texas Rangers. http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Po...idlothian-Murder-Investigation-376269831.html

SW on Monday April 18 (date of murder, evening prior to autopsy) 6:25 pm. S.W. MB Gray Ford F150
...deceased from a head wound.

It is believed this unknown male used an unknown instrument to cause the death of Terri Bevers at this location

5:56pm April 19 S.W. Forensic Exam & Extract MB iPhone & iPad, it stated in this Snip but we do not know for a fact that the hammer was used or all that was used just from this document tools. - as in more than one tool jmho MPD is holding that information close to the vest. They have stated multiple times due to things only the killer would know. Also per MPD the Suspect did go into offices

SNIP:
The subject is seen walking throughout the building holding a hammer, breaking windows and going through offices.

Terri Bevers' had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistent with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building.

JMHO, from what I was told, that the church offices are in the front, NW corner of building. Which would be the direction the Suspect is shown walking from to the area of Holy Ground at 3:58 am. Suspect first seen on video at ten til 4 (so this section of the video we see at 3:58 - know this from the first video released 7 sec- would be 8 min after first seen) We have no idea of any specific time where Suspect was at any given time other than ten til 4, 3:58 and the time frame that Captain Spann stated that MB was seen walking down the main hallway...

Thanks for posting this arkansasmimi. LE also stated, that they do or did not quite understand the SP's movements inside the building.

To me -i.e.IMO-, the only reason for the perp to wander around inside the church with a hammer and breaking stuff was to be seen with it and thus being able to tell a story: The story of the interrupted burglary. She ran into his swinging hammer. Sure.

-Nin

That's what I thought...

That is what I have been reading trying to figure out for the last hour or so lol. What I am unsure of is if "SEALING OF AFFIDAVIT" is different than what the AG has stated. Funny thing I did not realize there was a conversation again prior to my posting of my thinking was a LEO gun was what was in play. JMHO Still reading..

But then I wondered the same thing about the "sealing of affidavit." However, it seems that sealing an affidavit would apply only in cases where items would need to be hidden from the public for a period of time (in an effort to preserve LE's work). That leads me back to the first interpretation. Why would there be statutory limits on how long an affidavit can be sealed if certain things were exempt?

[/B]

BBM

Wonder if the equipment shown here inside the crime scene belonged to MB or to the church? Does anyone know?

attachment.php

I have never seen this picture before. Its not a truck which is what they said MB was driving. What/Who is this vehicle belong to?

Very interesting find, unfortunately the person responsible was arrested and has been sitting in Tarrant County jail since Feb 2016 (on current inmate roster listed on Tarrant County Sheriff Department's website, https://ijis.tarrantcounty.com/inmatesearch/default.aspx?linklocation=Iwantto&linkname=Inmate+Search If memory serves me correct, the Swat items were recovered but I could be mistaken.
Although not directly related (it appears), I wonder if this event could have been an 'inspiration' for the real SwatPerp in terms of how to disguise his/her identity---

Mimi- Bless you soul. You are so good with the details. I'm a big picture kind of person, so it's appreciated. Blown away- whatever work you do away from WS- they are lucky to have you. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second that!!

More MIL comments knocking MB ..."Tucker's letter seems to address the recent alleged revelations about the Bevers's marriage, reading, "I assume you were jumping up and down when the news [broke] about her life [being] not as perfect as a lot of people thought. Well, let me tell you a little secret you may not comprehend. No, she wasn't perfect and she never claimed to be. "But, the secret is, there is something called 'agape' love. Meaning, there really is a love you have, that no matter what you have done in the past or present, you still love them! " So, MIL's letter to MB murderer stating let me tell you a secret- MB not perfect as a lot of people thought. Red flag! And MB did "things" in past and present but is still loved. Red Flag! Who knocks a dead woman?! Lots of bitterness here. Red flags!!!!
I think you are exactly right that a lot of bitterness was there. But when I first read about it, I felt it actually pointed away from any knowledge of the crime (and instead just reflected someone who couldn't help themselves and thus expressed bitterness in a situation where that was entirely inappropriate). To be clear, I'm not saying my view is right; I just think it's interesting how the same reaction to someone's words can lead to different conclusions . . .

Thanks for posting this arkansasmimi. LE also stated, that they do or did not quite understand the SP's movements inside the building.

To me -i.e.IMO-, the only reason for the perp to wander around inside the church with a hammer and breaking stuff was to be seen with it and thus being able to tell a story: The story of the interrupted burglary. She ran into his swinging hammer. Sure.

-Nin

Although iirc that was said in the first Press Conf, but yes I agree, done to be seen, same as wearing the SWAT get up. And honestly until they have an arrest I guess that is all they may be able to understand about the movements. But they realized enough to say they feel like she was Targeted. There was enough that the Texas Rangers to come on board next day. JMHO the SWAT get up is what got so many agencies involved so fast.

Just checking in. I Googled Terri Bevers and see no new information for the last 3+ weeks?

I have never seen this picture before. Its not a truck which is what they said MB was driving. What/Who is this vehicle belong to?

This is the Ellis County Crime Scene Unit van. And I am unsure of the equipment. I have a link where MB truck is still there and LE is taking things out, at first I thought were putting back into MB truck but I thinking maybe this stuff. Let me see if can find that link

OK here link. Go to approx 1:56 mark. JMHO they were maybe processing MB truck? WE do not know if her doors were open or closed when CG Campers arrived. This is on April 18, so very possible that MB doors were open? We just do not know. http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Wo...thian-Church_Dallas-Fort-Worth-376136631.html

The definition of a cold case varies from agency to agency. The National Institute of Justice currently defines a cold case as any case whose probative investigative leads have been exhausted. In essence, this means a case that is only a few months old may be defined as being "cold." -- http://www.nij.gov/journals/260/pages/what-is-cold-case.aspx

It's one thing for people to clam up because they've lawyered up. It's another for the local media to lose interest, completely, in this case. Very odd. And curious.
If LE were at a true standstill, wouldn't LE release more video or ask the public for further tips? Or do something for public consumption? (Hey, how about another press conference?)
I'm not sure what to think at the moment. Except that the idea that this was a random robbery gone wrong is ludicrous, IMO. And that ATF's presence in the investigation continues to support the belief that a gun was used.
Hoping this is not, and never becomes, a cold case.

The definition of a cold case varies from agency to agency. The National Institute of Justice currently defines a cold case as any case whose probative investigative leads have been exhausted. In essence, this means a case that is only a few months old may be defined as being "cold." -- http://www.nij.gov/journals/260/pages/what-is-cold-case.aspx

It's one thing for people to clam up because they've lawyered up. It's another for the local media to lose interest, completely, in this case. Very odd. And curious.
If LE were at a true standstill, wouldn't LE release more video or ask the public for further tips? Or do something for public consumption? (Hey, how about another press conference?)
I'm not sure what to think at the moment. Except that the idea that this was a random robbery gone wrong is ludicrous, IMO. And that ATF's presence in the investigation continues to support the belief that a gun was used.

If this was happening in Lee County Florida, I'd say the GJ is convening. Sheriff Mike Scott would say:" Everyone in in the envelope of suspicion." All JMO of course..GNA

-Nin

Respectfully BBM, so far we have been told from MSM what the various agencies are doing to help. The only thing so far we have heard of the ATF is on April 20 when they brought the K9 Titan in to search interior and exterior of Creekside CoC. This was prior to the church opening up that night for a Prayer Service. When you Google ATF or go to their website, they also are involved in Murder for Hire. So again we just do not know. JMHO

Robbery with perp dressed in swat gear in Arlington on Feb 11, 2016.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...ke-rifle-arrested-shortly-after-robbery.html/

I am wondering if the perp (in the murder case of Terri Bevers)
got "ideas" from, things they read (in the news)
[I know they, got "ideas",
but I am wondering, is that where they got the "ideas", from.]

(i.e., so that when police
looked at the "surveillance camera video",
and 'found' the "pryed doors" (etc.) [When prying the "inside" door, the intent was not to: get inside that room. The intent was, to 'leave' "pry MARKS" - for the police to 'find'],
police might believe [*** trying to get police to believe *** ]...
Possibly "just another" ...)

Ditto that! I'm in education. We've seen our share of corruption, as well. I feel alone when I do witness wrongdoing because it's impossible to tell the good guys from the bad guys. If you trust the wrong person your career/livelihood is in jeopardy.

And I Ditto your ditto LOL...I'm in banking..loans, fraud dept, etc...I see a lot of corruption..inside the bank and out..and I totally agree ..you have to be extremely who you can trust !!! JMO

More MIL comments knocking MB ..."Tucker's letter seems to address the recent alleged revelations about the Bevers's marriage, reading, "I assume you were jumping up and down when the news [broke] about her life [being] not as perfect as a lot of people thought. Well, let me tell you a little secret you may not comprehend. No, she wasn't perfect and she never claimed to be. "But, the secret is, there is something called 'agape' love. Meaning, there really is a love you have, that no matter what you have done in the past or present, you still love them! "

So, MIL's letter to MB murderer stating let me tell you a secret- MB not perfect as a lot of people thought. Red flag! And MB did "things" in past and present but is still loved. Red Flag!

Who knocks a dead woman?! Lots of bitterness here. Red flags!!!!

I've got a few relatives that would say something like that...lol.

Well stated!
DeDee My Double Consonant Posting Pal....you are such an asset to every sleuthing forum! So let me be the first to Beep Beep!, right back at you. :goodpost: Speaking of double consonant Posting Pals, I absolutely love the simulations that BatBrat provided. (Post 1108 of this thread.) It's amazing how different (slim) SP could possibly look once you strip off the padded extraneous costuming.
Ps...I still think the long rectangular item is a camera from a CCTV system...a system that is about 5 years old would have that size & type. (Sure current state of the art systems have fish eye, HiDef, thermal imaging, telescoping, facial recognition, license plate reader, infrared, motion activated, LoLux etc....but this was a rural community church, not Walmart or a top secret facility.)
Love sleuthing with you all....tomorrow is first day of summer!

Wel that's the interesting thing about people, they are all different. The way your husband would act is not the way everyone else's husband would act. Many people's loved ones express concern for their significant other if they are out by themselves very late at night (or in this case very early in the morning) without assigning a chaperone to them. Some people would think that's neglectful not to, and some people would thing that's controlling to do so, in a way that's frankly disturbing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member