TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And could he have said, "my poor children"?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

No. I've already addressed that in this post:

He actually says "my four children".

Second video at this link:

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mi...-to-Dry-Cleaner-Search-Warrant-377343901.html

ETA: This comment has never been followed up on to explain anything abut the fourth child. I see no reason to speculate on it, but at the same time I refuse to pretend that he's saying "poor" when he's clearly saying "four". Neither will I illogically attribute it to a reference to Missy as one of his four girls. It's clear that he says "my four children". It's at about the 8:50 mark.

you may have hit on something and didn't know it Jethroe.
The manager at Anytime said something had been bothering MB for two weeks prior.
Maybe they had their taxes done two weeks before and it showed something MB wasnt
expecting. Hypothetically BB in over his head which put them over their heads. Maybe
an insurance policy on MB would get them out of a possible overwhelming tax debt.
I am thinking the other way around. It wouldn't be MB that would be learning something unexpected but rather BB. The only thing that could surprise anyone come W2/1099 time is how much money there is and how much taxes are due. 1099 type jobs don't have any withholding done - you have to save it on your own as you go. Also, as an independent contractor you generally, though I don't know Texas law, have to file quarterly instead of once a year. And that brings on interest and penalties along with the total tax due if you didn't do that. If you didn't actually save any money that would have to come from somewhere. I expect BB income to be W2 with withholding throughout, so no issues there.

Talking hypothetically, of course.

<modsnip>

According to my notes, coming into the interior from the canopied space, the doors are numbered on the left side of the hall as follows:

Room 15 (men's) and Room 16 (women's) are placed inside a deeply recessed alcove that is meant to keep some privacy among those entering and exiting the Rest Rooms. A wheelchair is currently parked on the W side when standing inside of the alcove area, with plenty of extra space, without interfering with the members going into or out of the men's Room 15.

Continuing, up the Main Hallway, that is flush with the alcove walls, on the left, is the unnumbered Family Restroom, followed by Room 17 (Library), Room 18 (Office) and Room 20 (Office). Then, the main entrance/exit is located next, on the left.

When entering the Church at the Main Entrance, currently, in what was once the "Cub Room", is now where a receptionist to the immediate right in the Room with a desk and a phone that one would pass by before turning right to go down the Main Hallway toward the Canopied Area Corner of the Church.

The last thing along that NW wall, is the alcove where the men's and women's restrooms are located side by side; not one in front of the other. It is my opinion this alcove is where the SP was lying in wait for Missy's entrance. However, the SP, imho, was vigilantly standing, not crouching, in this hiding space.

As someone who has been there, (a) I too wonder where this info about the SW corner of the building, on the W side hall, is from, and (b) I know that if this is accurate and recent, it is not reflective of the layout when the murder occurred.

Not that it can't be accurate. I can certainly see the church deciding to redo the rooms and numbers and move things around, in the wake of the murder and all the online exploration of their church campus and security. Maybe they also altered and upgraded their security cams in the process, who knows. In any event, if they have made changes subsequent to the murder, it has now eliminated any ability to go to the church in person and log where each room and cam is, and compare to the speculation and discussion of such things here.

But I don't think it matters, frankly. I think the speculative discussion of perp's movement inside the building is fun because it's a mystery to explore, but truly meaningless to eventually solving the murder, because the path of movement over that 30 minutes or more doesn't reveal to us anything about who the perp is or what they look like or why they killed MB.

Dear Websleuths Members,

It appears many are in a tizzy over whether BB has four children or not.

In this video, BB does appear to say "four children" at around 7:59

On this video RIGHT HERE at the 3:10 mark He says "I'm here with my kids and uh . . primarily that's my job, [unintelligible] my family". The reporter ask "three kids?" Brandon responds "three daughters" Reporter "three daughters, ages?" Brandon "15, 13 and 8"

THE BEVERS HAVE THREE, 1-2-3 CHILDREN. WE CAN PUT THIS TO REST!

To be very honest I'm not sure why this is such a big deal. Doesn't have anything to do with Missy's killing and that's what this discussion is about.

Please put this topic to rest.

Thank you,
Tricia

I am thinking the other way around. It wouldn't be MB that would be learning something unexpected but rather BB. The only thing that could surprise anyone come W2/1099 time is how much money there is and how much taxes are due. 1099 type jobs don't have any withholding done - you have to save it on your own as you go. Also, as an independent contractor you generally, though I don't know Texas law, have to file quarterly instead of once a year. And that brings on interest and penalties along with the total tax due if you didn't do that. If you didn't actually save any money that would have to come from somewhere. I expect BB income to be W2 with withholding throughout, so no issues there.

Talking hypothetically, of course.

<modsnip>
There is no income tax (or filing requirements) in TX. It is all at the federal level. Property taxes are very high here though and 50% is due 4/30 (most, but not all banks and mortgage cos, require it in their monthly payment so you don't get the big hit). I know many independent contractors fail to submit quarterly and around 4/15, they have a big problem (many use the IRS "payment plan"), as they owe a whole year's income taxes AND ee and er Social Security.

There is no income tax (or filing requirements) in TX. It is all at the federal level. Property taxes are very high here though and 50% is due 4/30 (most, but not all banks and mortgage cos, require it in their monthly payment so you don't get the big hit). I know many independent contractors fail to submit quarterly and around 4/15, they have a big problem (many use the IRS "payment plan"), as they owe a whole year's income taxes AND ee and er Social Security.

I doubt a money problem, of whatever sort, was primarily tax related. If they made less the tax was less. If the tax was bigger, so was the income to pay it with. Sometimes people just spend too much (if you have 3 kids, money can get tight), and when they do taxes will be a part of a picture, but not the picture itself. imo

Quick question. Did we ever find out who had the "burner" phone?
Ok. I just reread part of the ATT SW and I'm confused. It reads:
" Affiant believes and charges that at the time of the commission of the offense of murder that the unknown suspect was in possession of a cellphone and had been in contact in some manner with Target numbers identified above."

What?!! Does this mean an unknown cellphone and cellphone number OTHER THAN the targeted numbers?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Do a little exercise with me (we seem to be stuck).
Visually put a chair in the middle of the room. Missy post mortem comes in and sits on the chair. We're all sitting in a circle around her. The room gets quiet. We look at her and tell her we're all here to help. Give us a clue. Guide us in where we should look.

What would she say? What hint, what guidance would she give us?

Here's where I landed. She'd probably say, "Look around me. I was very social; very very verbal. Look at my FB. I had 1000+ friends and posted all the time. I left a trail of conversations. Of texts, e-mails, phone calls,

And every poll we've ever done states that the strong majority believe I knew my killer. I would quickly recognize them.

There were conversations, arguments, texts, phone calls, e-mails with my killer. Some of the unrecorded conversations may be harder to obtain, but the person is still and alive among us.

I just hope LE looked at and kept all of it. Because of who MB was. That's where the answer is going to be. Regardless of which door s/he came into the church thru.

Is there a source for a "burner phone" other than Nancy Grace? If there isn't I wouldn't put much stock in the existence of one involved with this case.

I think the idea that someone in this case had a burner phone was simply a misunderstanding of LE detective work, and nothing more.

When chasing ping records, they wanted the name of the owner of all phones used in that area on that night in that time frame, and made reference to the idea that there might be burner phones as well (I think they used the concept but not the slang term). No actual assertion that any person was actually using one, only that one might have been used by an unknown someone at that time and if so, they wanted access to that info too.

" Affiant believes and charges that at the time of the commission of the offense of murder that the unknown suspect was in possession of a cellphone and had been in contact in some manner with Target numbers identified above."

What?!! Does this mean an unknown cellphone and cellphone number OTHER THAN the targeted numbers?

JMHO it saying Affiant believes and charges that at the time of the commission of the offense of murder that the Suspect dressed in Swat gear, was in possession of a cellphone and had been in contact in some manner with Target numbers identified above.<< Target numbers identified above remember were all those people listed, MB being one of them. BB & VB had it appears 2 numbers as their redacted number lines were longer than the others. JMHO simple as possibly saying the Suspect had had contact with MB... OR anyone else on that Target list. Remember too they allegedly just got the Cell Tower info within days of releasing the prior sealed SW

This post is coming from prior thoughts from others that had to do with knowledge of Missy's routine on the morning she was murdered. Was BB the last person that spoke to her the eve of the 18th, or did she speak with someone later that night or in the morning before she left for work? Who else but family would know her routine or the schedule of that morning but family? BB, after speaking with Missy, could have made a call to another, or others, after he spoke with her at 9-9:30 pm, letting them know what her morning plans were, or if things (timeline) had changed. All MOO, and a whole lot of thinking out loud while cooking

And that was said under oath (SW). Our course, its worded to leave an "out" BUT. That means LE has a second perp (inside or outside - either close or far away) in their scenario. How'd we miss that.

And that was said under oath (SW). Our course, its worded to leave an "out" BUT. That means LE has a second perp (inside or outside - either close or far away) in their scenario. How'd we miss that.

We didn't miss anything. Just like the "firearm", this is simply LE wording to create the strongest possible argument for probable cause so that the judge would sign the warrant. MHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is my updated post about the number of children issue:

Dear Websleuths Members,

It appears many are in a tizzy over whether BB has four children or not.

In this video, BB does appear to say "four children" at around 7:59

On this video [video=youtube;vK-VrD-5dPQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK-VrD-5dPQ[/video] at the 3:10 mark He says "I'm here with my kids and uh . . primarily that's my job, [unintelligible] my family". The reporter ask "three kids?" Brandon responds "three daughters" Reporter "three daughters, ages?" Brandon "15, 13 and 8"

THE BEVERS HAVE THREE, 1-2-3 CHILDREN. WE CAN PUT THIS TO REST!

Thank you Sillybilly and tlcya for the videos.

To be very honest I'm not sure why this is such a big deal. Doesn't have anything to do with Missy's killing and that's what this discussion is about.

Please put this topic to rest.

Thank you,
Tricia

To add to what cannonball said, the wording here uses the basis as what LE "believes" - and that is only a belief, not something they necessarily had evidence of at that point. After they chased it a bit with the results of this warrant, they may not have believed it any longer. (Or they may have, since we don't know what they may or may not have found.) The point of the warrant was to get info to see if what they believed might be true, or not.

we didn't miss anything. Just like the "firearm", this is simply le wording to create the strongest possible argument for probable cause so that the judge would sign the warrant. Mho.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

exactly correct!

We didn't miss anything. Just like the "firearm", this is simply LE wording to create the strongest possible argument for probable cause so that the judge would sign the warrant. MHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. That's why I'm glad we have you guys. Steve's been trying to help me read straighter. Back to the drawing board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biph