TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BB told us how touched he was that MB had helped so many people to transform their lives and bodies. He told us how she started getting into physical fitness after their youngest child reached school age and in not a very long amount of time, she transformed her body. At age 45 was a living endorsement for physical fitness and the fact that it really is never too late to try. I replayed his reaction to her students/clients admiration of her over and over in my head. He was humbled that so many people had so much appreciation for his wife and that she had made such a difference in so many lives. It stuck with me.

I wrote here about a month ago that MB's story, as told by BB, inspired me to hire a trainer and go to the gym. I am taking this moment to again thank MB who, even in death, was able to inspire someone (me) to make the effort to be more physically fit, stronger and healthier. I am a lot older than MB and frankly thought that maybe it really was too late but her determination made me also determined. No, I will not be a body builder or a gorgeous 45 year old again (I wish - haha) but in just one month, going twice weekly (even when I really do not want to go), I have:

-turned 3 miserable minutes on the elliptical machine into 14 minutes that fly by
-turned 5 horrible minutes on the recumbent bike into 6 miles - yes SIX miles - in less than 30 minutes. (I take this time to pray)
-done 4 reps of an exercise movement on Friday, with ease, that I thought would be impossible for me and would have been 3.5 weeks ago.
-increased my original 2 sets of 10 reps to 4 sets of 15 reps on machines and with free weights.
-increased the weights in baby steps, adding between 4 and 15 lbs depending on the movement or machine.
-noticeably improved my posture and my balance

Seriously, a month ago I was slouched, had no muscle tone, was very weak all over, my legs felt as though they could not longer support me with any stability and I had no strength in my arms. I dreaded grocery shopping, a gallon of milk was a burden to pick up and carry and I contemplated selling my house for a single story home because climbing the stairs was getting painful. Everything was an effort which left me tired, so I began doing less and less.

Now, I stand straighter, the groceries are lighter and the stairs are just not a problem. I can hardly wait to see what changes will have been made after 3 months and then a year. I could do more than I am doing but by taking baby steps I am gaining confidence and am not injuring myself - I have a smart trainer.

Missy Bevers, had I never heard your story I would never have been inspired to hire a trainer and attempt the impossible. I would have continued on a rapid physical decline and very soon found myself to be a very weak and fragile old person. With God's grace I will get even older, but perhaps not so weak and frail. Thank you.

I hope this doesn't come off as sappy or bragging, I just wanted everyone to know that MB is still transforming people's lives. I would say that is a pretty good legacy.

Wow - way to go TeaTime......you go girl!

not disputing SW just making note of press release on April 22nd. How schedule for murder was so tight because SP was not counting on first camper arriving early. I am becoming more convinced that SP did not go out front door to avoid detection (because SP was caught off guard) but because of several WS members excellent pictures showing doors going in between rooms that this may have been how SP got back to kitchen without being seen.
I understand. Just trying to keep what is known from sworn statements from being turned into conjecture.

Timing was tight. If this were anything other than planned I can't imagine SP would loiter about for any length of time. If it were planned, they could be in the building a bit longer because they would have the advantage of knowing at least what door anyone who arrived would be coming to or through. Though, not too much longer, because there would be no way for them to know how many more are coming and when, if one had already arrived.

It is this unpredictable time window - it turned out to be small but could have been wider - that was dependent on what someone else would do (e.g. the first camper deciding to come early) that has me of the belief that SP arrived and left on foot. You can hide yourself easier than yourself and a car. But only if this were a planned murder.

Possible, but in that instance I would think that MPD would be able to realize that (and very possible that on some of the video not released) MPD has not stated if they have on video any with MB and Suspect having contact. Only that assault not captured on video. Also Suspect would only have had to do that in the area where MB was coming in. We do not see any broken glass in the portions that have been released of the Dutch door South hallway and the Main West hallway.

IF MB knew SP's voice[/U] s/he had only to call her by name out of her/his hidden place (first auditorium door for example) to go there. It wouldn't have mattered if perp MB knew per voice was a real cop or not because of the immediately attack on her.

Did someone not show up .... - important IMO!
My questions in red. :)

either inside camera on SW corner picked up her car lights (camera may still have been active with SP movement)
or SWFA camera saw lights going in parking lot.

I am hoping LE did see a car go past in that small time frame. Maybe they just can't make it out on the businesses a security cameras.

I do not know but it would be interesting if someone did not show up.

Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
Your forgetting the 4:18 walking in also. < was stated on April 18, and also in the SW after that date. So it is curious to me where the 4:20 am comes from from the Official Time line on April 22. **ETA additional thought... NOT Meaning YOU forgetting but it def was left off the Official Time Line released April 22 on MPD FB. So makes me wonder, Capt Spann said she was in process of bringing in her equipment (paraphrasing too lazy to look at words but on the NO DISCUSSION MEDIA on page 6 iirc) So did she come in at 4:18 , go back to her truck and reenter at 4:20? Lots of conflicting but most likely true events, as MPD know it just not fitting nto public theories.

JMHO, the time frame has to be anywhere from time MB walks in until when the CG Campers called at approx 5:00.

THAT is going by times we have been provided. MPD knows all the pertinent times because of the time stamps on the various camera videos. I think that people are caught up on that 4:35 and trying to make it fit. Could be but until we know what time the last time Suspect seen on video, you have to go by the time of first calls to 911. We also do not have time that CG Campers went in (will be on video) but surely it was very close to the 5:00 911 calls. We have been told, at least 3 911 calls were made. SW says 5:06 call was saying not breathing and deceased. JMHO

ETA: I dont know why the Suspect would take valuable time to disrobe, jmho drove right out in the Swat gear. If parked anywhere on the North parking lot or right at the endo of East .. straight shot straight and out the drive and no one would suspect so much on a stormy morning not realizing what had happened inside. ** we do not know what the statements from the CG campers or the incident reports state. Could be some tidbits not told. JMHO

The search warrants all say under oath the following:

At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building
through the main door under the awning area. The video shows Terri Bevers walking
toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on
video.
The victim was later found deceased at the south west comer of the interior of the
building.

That is saying that SP does not appear on video at any time after approximately 4:18 and it is very possible that it was minutes before 4:18. SP could have been in the building for any length of time. But SP managed to avoid being seen on any camera exiting the building.

Thank you, I am very familiar with what the Application for Evidentiary Search warrant for MB iPhone and iPad by Corporal Cody Moon states. It also states that a 911 call was placed at 5:06 stating that a female was not breathing and deceased. We do not see that information anywhere else but I believe it to be true. It is a sworn document.

From the FB SW by Nicholas Selby an investigator at MPD CID stated in the Facebook SW that he is an investigator reporting to Corporal Cody Moon of MPD, the case's primary investigator https://www.scribd.com/document/317249202/Missy-Bevers-FB-Search-Warrant#from_embed I believe Corp Cody Moon knows how to write the documents that he wrote.

Sergent Cody McKinney also wrote a few Affidavits for Eventiary Search Warrants, in his it states:
Your Affiant's Probable Cause
The recitation of facts contained in this Affidavit is not meant to be a complete narrative of all information that is known to your Affiant, but only a summary of facts, to necessitate the establishment of sufficient probable cause, in support of this affidavit, for the issuance of this Evidentiary Search Warrant.

I also believe everything in those documents to be facts known at the time written. So personally, I also look at Corp Cody Moon's document the same way. Not meant to be a complete narrative of all information that is know to the Affiant, but only a summary of facts, to necessitate the establishment of sufficient probable cause, in support of this affidavit, for the issuance of this Evidentiary Search Warrant.

Had I not listened to CID Captain Spann on April 18, I may or may not have felt there was more. But although Captain Spann was not under oath, I personally do not think he would have gave answers that he did if they were not somewhat factual. He had clearly had time to observe the various camera videos, see the crime scene, read the statements from the CG Campers and caught up to speed before the Press Conf. There has to be a reason why they suspected the Suspect left same way that entered. If had went out the SW doors as some think, that surely would have been captured as that's where MB entered in and they have stated the cameras inside do not appear to be tampered with.

This is just my opinion and others are free to have theirs. If more evidence is released from MPD to cause me to adjust I will. I was also told numerous times that there were not or could not be any sealed search warrants, but July 1 the release of 2 twice sealed SW for MB and BB Facebooks. Just as I had made numerous post and links to the Texas Statues stating so. I placed my opinions by what I read in the Statutes and legal documents. I may be wrong and have no problem to admit it if I am.

Again Thanks and please do not think I am being snarky. We can just agree to disagree.

I read on the MPD Page a press release that stated times
MB seen entering parking lot 4:16am
MB seen walking into church at 4:20am
(Does not say walking towards last known area of SP)
1st camper arriving at 4:35am in church parking lot
(This person had nothing to do with murder)

if we actually consider time of encounter - to getting out of church - getting gear off to be able to drive vehicle
4:20am MB - walking into church FACT per LE
4:21-4:25 - possibly murder occurred
4:26-4:27 - ran out of church to vehicle
(LE states did not see SP again and thinks
Exited thru kitchen)
4:28-4:33 - took off helmet and vest
4:34 - drive out of parking lot
4:35 - 1st camper arrives

not saying this couldn't be done...but this is calling iit beyond super close and for no video from any business picking up a car
going by between 4:34 and 4:35 . Thoughts ?

side note: I have not seen anyone post this (if so please sorry)
Wondering if any other CG campers showed up for camp and were in parking lot before police arrived. Did LE get names?
(I am sure they did.). Did someone not show up that was always there?

Did someone not show up .... - important IMO!
My questions in red. :)
The first question is a good one. We know that the outside cameras at the church did not record anything per MPD. It would be very difficult for an interior camera to see Missy's truck arriving before actually entering the building due to how deep the entry ways are before you even get to the doors and the glass areas are not very wide and even at a very slow speed they would be passed very quickly, and in the case of the rear entries they are too high above the ground to see a vehicle anywhere back there. Just because it would be difficult, doesn't mean it would be impossible, if SP were moving about at the time. The SWFA cameras on the other hand were working and are in continuous recording mode, not motion activated, so that is the best bet.

For the second question, certainly the SWFA cameras would see any vehicles either heading in the direction of the church (N) or away from the church (S) at any time. So, if any vehicle went past SWFA from the time Missy arrived until whatever time MPD was interested they could at least know how many vehicles went by their location.

As for someone not showing up. Occasionally - if you read Missy's FB - you would see her mention peoples names and saying we missed you after posting about a workout session. However, it may not mean much because of the nature of the way CG works. When you sign up you can go to any other trainer at any other time if you would rather not go to that 5am session. Just because someone had been at a previous session doesn't mean they would be at the next one. And it also means that someone could have shown up for that class that has signed up with a different CG trainer that normally attends session elsewhere. So, I don't think there is any rational way to determine just who should have been there but wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by kkdj View Post
But the SP made it convincing to MB every corner she turned that there was an obvious burglary and to follow his/her directions to safety.....only to ambush her.

=FromGermany;12721560]I could imagine MB was on her phone while walking along the hallway BUT her phone was found in her truck. :thinking: Did she alarm someone when seeing the first broken glass/opened door and later on the SP put her phone back into the truck

RBBM, Do you have a link that says her iPhone was found in her Ford F150? Thanks It is not listed on the Search Warrant for her truck, the iPad and her purse were in the truck. Nor is there any mention of a firearm as some have stated. Here is the SW for the Truck * its about midway in the article, copy of the SW http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/He...rs-Truck-Seized-Search-Warrant-376599651.html
JMHO

RBBM, I have thought about that also. It was a very stormy morning and I have wondered what the attendance was on inclement weather days. Not sure of power outages but there was a lot of bad weather going on. Could be another reason that date played into whatever reason Suspect chose then. (maybe fewer CG Campers/witness to worry about ?) Just reading her fb, you would know that some show up early. JMHO
Just reading along and your post made me think of something (not sure why). This is not my favorite theory by any means, but just another spin on old news: All the CG campers must live pretty close to CoC or they would go to another group. What if SP was a camper, perhaps someone who is single, has a spouse who works nights, whatever, they can leave without a problem at any hour. They go to CoC and murder MB - done at 4:30AM. Then they just drive home and park in garage (arrive 4:40), strip off and dump the gear, leaving SP in workout clothes and add sneakers(4:45). Drive back to CoC (arrive 4:55) and join other campers to "discover" MB. I only like this because although SP is covered from head to toe, this gives SP the opportunity to contaminate the murder scene in a way that can be explained away for example a hair lost or fingerprint, and also perhaps transfer evidence like MB's bood drops into the driver's side floor of their car on their shoes after they "discover" her. As for the two trips if caught on any cameras or seen by a witness, that's easy - they almost got to CoC and had to go right back home because they forgot their weights and mat - and No, they didn't see any unusual cars or anything when asked. //This has been Just some theory, not even the level of MOO.

RBBM, Do you have a link that says her iPhone was found in her Ford F150? Thanks It is not listed on the Search Warrant for her truck, the iPad and her purse were in the truck. Nor is there any mention of a firearm as some have stated. Here is the SW for the Truck * its about midway in the article, copy of the SW http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/He...rs-Truck-Seized-Search-Warrant-376599651.html
JMHO

Ohhhh! I thought I had read about her phone .... don't know where ......

Found this (not my original source):

We`re also learning, are we not, Justin Freiman, that in her Ford F-150 is her cell phone, her pocketbook, her iPad and other valuables belonging to

her?

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1604/28/ng.01.html

Nancy Grace

Justin Freiman didn't answer with "Yes" or "No" I admit. :)

JMHO
When I view the warrant at that link I can't get to see the last page with all of the seized items - maybe only its me. I do have a complete copy of that warrant including the signed returned items page. If others can't see that returned items page I can post a shot of that page or I can post a Google Drive link get the entire warrant as PDF.

11frogs, I'm still intrigued by the camera mount on the helmet you found. If the SW filmed it, where was it going? The cloud? Would that footage possibly be what they pick up in the AT&T cell tower dump?

When I view the warrant at that link I can't get to see the last page with all of the seized items - maybe only its me. I do have a complete copy of that warrant including the signed returned items page. If others can't see that returned items page I can post a shot of that page or I can post a Google Drive link get the entire warrant as PDF.

Yes sir thats how that link does. It doesn't show the last page. I would appreciate it if you could either ss the last page and post. If you post any please also post on the Media page so we can refer to it if needed later. Thanks again.

ETA: is the iPhone listed? Maybe thats where From Germany saw it. I have never seen that the iPhone was not with MB or honestly where they obtained it from. JMHO Just that didnt see it listed on what was available. If so I extend my apologies to From Germany for misspeaking.

Yes sir thats how that link does. It doesn't show the last page. I would appreciate it if you could either ss the last page and post. If you post any please also post on the Media page so we can refer to it if needed later. Thanks again.

ETA: is the iPhone listed? Maybe thats where From Germany saw it. I have never seen that the iPhone was not with MB or honestly where they obtained it from. JMHO Just that didnt see it listed on what was available. If so I extend my apologies to From Germany for misspeaking.

You know, if she DIDN'T have her phone with her, she most likely had her arms full of equipment.

No, only the IPad and a planner.

I posted the document cloud link to the complete warrant on the Media thread. I think that would be better than linking my Google Drive.

CT (male)

Someone here on WS found the fb account interesting - why? I didn't see especially interesting things. Only I noticed he has more posts of news to MB's murder than other people. As a (half-)B-I-L to MB a nice way to show his "non-indifference" IMO. What did I overlook??

You know, if she DIDN'T have her phone with her, she most likely had her arms full of equipment.
If they didn't find it in the truck, perhaps they found it on or near her.

CT (male)

Someone here on WS found the fb account interesting - why? I didn't see especially interesting things. Only I noticed he has more posts of news to MB's murder than other people. As a (half-)B-I-L to MB a nice way to show his "non-indifference" IMO. What did I overlook??

I thought CT was female???

Thanks

BB told us how touched he was that MB had helped so many people to transform their lives and bodies. He told us how she started getting into physical fitness after their youngest child reached school age and in not a very long amount of time, she transformed her body. At age 45 was a living endorsement for physical fitness and the fact that it really is never too late to try. I replayed his reaction to her students/clients admiration of her over and over in my head. He was humbled that so many people had so much appreciation for his wife and that she had made such a difference in so many lives. It stuck with me.

I wrote here about a month ago that MB's story, as told by BB, inspired me to hire a trainer and go to the gym. I am taking this moment to again thank MB who, even in death, was able to inspire someone (me) to make the effort to be more physically fit, stronger and healthier. I am a lot older than MB and frankly thought that maybe it really was too late but her determination made me also determined. No, I will not be a body builder or a gorgeous 45 year old again (I wish - haha) but in just one month, going twice weekly (even when I really do not want to go), I have:

-turned 3 miserable minutes on the elliptical machine into 14 minutes that fly by
-turned 5 horrible minutes on the recumbent bike into 6 miles - yes SIX miles - in less than 30 minutes. (I take this time to pray)
-done 4 reps of an exercise movement on Friday, with ease, that I thought would be impossible for me and would have been 3.5 weeks ago.
-increased my original 2 sets of 10 reps to 4 sets of 15 reps on machines and with free weights.
-increased the weights in baby steps, adding between 4 and 15 lbs depending on the movement or machine.
-noticeably improved my posture and my balance

Seriously, a month ago I was slouched, had no muscle tone, was very weak all over, my legs felt as though they could not longer support me with any stability and I had no strength in my arms. I dreaded grocery shopping, a gallon of milk was a burden to pick up and carry and I contemplated selling my house for a single story home because climbing the stairs was getting painful. Everything was an effort which left me tired, so I began doing less and less.

Now, I stand straighter, the groceries are lighter and the stairs are just not a problem. I can hardly wait to see what changes will have been made after 3 months and then a year. I could do more than I am doing but by taking baby steps I am gaining confidence and am not injuring myself - I have a smart trainer.

Missy Bevers, had I never heard your story I would never have been inspired to hire a trainer and attempt the impossible. I would have continued on a rapid physical decline and very soon found myself to be a very weak and fragile old person. With God's grace I will get even older, but perhaps not so weak and frail. Thank you.

I hope this doesn't come off as sappy or bragging, I just wanted everyone to know that MB is still transforming people's lives. I would say that is a pretty good legacy.

Hi TeaTime

So proud of you congratulations!!!

I remember you telling us your story and to hear you are still going strong Kudos for you &#8252;&#65039;

Missy's life made a huge impact on other people's lives, so nice to hear a positive one. I'm sure Missy is looking down on you and saying "you go girl and smiling"

Keep up the good work and report all the updates!!

Thanks again

RIP Missy &#127801;

Justice for Missy &#127895;

not disputing SW just making note of press release on April 22nd. How schedule for murder was so tight because SP was not counting on first camper arriving early. I am becoming more convinced that SP did not go out front door to avoid detection (because SP was caught off guard) but because of several WS members excellent pictures showing doors going in between rooms that this may have been how SP got back to kitchen without being seen.
I agree 11frogs. SW are not supposed to be dissertations. They are supposed to be brief and do not include every bit of info LE has. The cameras cannot react to rapid movement in sufficient time IMHO such as SP making a quick dash across a hall jmo, of course. LE has also stated SP left the way he entered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx