TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually don't post like this (as a matter of fact it drives me nuts when others do) but I have an inclination that the perp may be a male in his 20's, overweight wanna be cop or military dork. Big man child that couldn't pass a LE physical if he tried. Fancies himself as a dangerous man, buys cheap law enforcement gear. probably a house full of gadgets. Very impressionable and willing to show what he can do to the right person offering approval or a little cash. Now just to figure out who wanted her hurt..

This post made me lol. You may have hit the nail on the head. A tall, somewhat pudgy, overweight male that perceives himself as a bad-*advertiser censored* plays way too many video games.

Yes she taught here before. Yes it was raining. Yes there were men in the class. Go to my profile (click my name) and view my posts to links. JHarlin posted the actual weather, we did the work if you go back and read the threads to answer these questions.

:giggle:

OT: Just noticed your profile pic of Tara and it reminded me to go look at her thread again and see if there's anything new going on. :heartbeat:

Great questions! I looked at her facebook before it was scrubbed and did not see a post about moving inside. I haven't found anyone else that has either. Only a post saying that if it's raining, we are training. MOO it's a rumor that grew legs.

How did the perp know she would come inside? How did he know she would come alone? My burning questions today.
this perp seem very brazen so he or she probably took a chance. and the perp kew that her HUSBAND WAS OUT OF TOWN. Someone mentioned a headlamp on helmet , that could be used to blind someone if turned on. also someone here mentioned that the walk looks like father inlaw. If perp knew family he or she could have mimicked the walk to throw everyone off, or at least try to

Hello. I have read every one of these threads. Many of you have posted thoughts which I also have had, but I have not seen the comments I am about to make.

My comments will be about this series of 4 photos released to the media early in the investigation. In order to see what I am going to describe, I used Firefox on a desktop computer enlarged to 300%. This is the link:

http://content.wfaa.com/photo/2016/04/18/0418_mid_suspect01_1461015606656_1732910_ver1.0.jpg

Photo #3

The disallowed Twitter re-contrasted for B&W face blowup appears to be from this, which is the same still frame without the time/date stamp.

Photo #1

Enlarged to 300%, look down to the front right leg, below the knee/top of shin. Does anyone else see a 5-point star? It looks gold on top with 3 points, and white (or reflection) bottom 2 points, affixed to leg perhaps with a black 3/4" elastic band, or affixed to what some think is a shin guard? Does that look like metal Sheriff Deputy badge? Once you can identify the object, you will see it when the photo is smaller.

Do you think that this might have something to do with the Arrest made in connection with Mr. slaughter who is an ex Ellis County sheriffs department member?

Continuing with the series of 4 photos in this link and blown up to 300%

http://content.wfaa.com/photo/2016/04/18/0418_mid_suspect01_1461015606656_1732910_ver1.0.jpg

Photo#2

The media has said that the suspect was wearing all black. Here is a quote and link to this:

"Midlothian Police Release New Video in Church Murder ... Investigators first said the person in the video, who is wearing black ... Suspect first appears on video..."
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mi...in-Bevers-Murder-Investigation-376770941.html

Photo#2

This photo#2 is the back of the suspect. I am completely certain that what I see is camouflage pattern in the pants legs. I believe the pattern or color is Woodland. This pattern now comes in a variety of colors (even pink and white) but the original military color was dark forest green+dark brown+green+tan, and all branches have used these pants (and shirts). This pattern looks a bit like puzzle pieces. There is a large light colored splotch at the top of the left calf/back of knee. Once you see it, you will recognize it when the picture is smaller, and also in videos. I recognized off TV on Nancy Grace 4/28 in both a still and video.

Photo#2

Referring now to the outlines of the pant legs: both sides of the left leg and the inner side of the right leg - these pants are very crumpled because they are very much too long for the suspect's legs. I also see extended/stuffed cargo pockets on the sides of the thighs and the placement of the pockets also suggests that these pants are far too long for the suspect.

Photo#2

Referring now to the bottom edge of the left pant leg: it is clearly cuffed to the inside. This is a military practice known as "boot blouzing" or properly "blousing the pant leg". Because the pants are far too long, the suspect cuffed them to the inside and they are likely held in place with a green elastic with little hooks called a "blousing rubber". You can see how the bottom edge of the left pant leg extends out wider than the boot ankle top - that is a crease or fold of pant material and not the hem. This blousing manuever is not that easy to learn to do and suggests exposure to this practice.

Photo#2

Lots of opinions about the boots. JMO but it looks like an old style basic training combat boot and not a newer speed-lacer. It has some minimal boot polish on it that can be seen reflecting a little light on the heel and up the back of the ankle (I know because I can see the break between). Most military people do put polish on the edge of the soles as well as the boot leather.

All JMO

Thank you for the warm welcome. I have to go away for awhile BBL. I just thought I had something unique to say.

attachment.php

Okay, hopefully this uploads correctly. MzOpinion, I took the photo you posted (I hope that's okay) and added to one of my photo editing apps. I applied an "auto scene" to it to define the tool a little bit. Maybe this will help y'all to see the "wing" a little more clearly, as well as the ends. The auto scene made the outline a little darker.

So far, rockhound tools and geology have not turned up anything that I personally feel matches the tool. Again, I don't know tools and have no experience with them AT ALL. It's very possible that my eyes are playing tricks on the overall shape. So, take this FWIW.

Looks like golf clubs to me this way...

This post made me lol. You may have hit the nail on the head. A tall, somewhat pudgy, overweight male that perceives himself as a bad-*advertiser censored* plays way too many video games.

I wouldn't say "tall" but I'll give you pudgy and plays way too many video games. ;)

That is, if the perp is a male.

In the last frame, it looks like a young guy. jmo Some of the overweight look might be padding, and also the angle of the video camera too. jmo

Is it me or does this almost look like Darth Vader? In all seriousness this one frame/one angle does make the perp look smaller

I'm rethinking everything now as I think about the weather and the way it appears that lots of planning went into the outfit etc. if I understand correctly, the class is usually outside? So if this was targeted and planned, what was the original plan before the weather caused the class to be indoors? . . .

Respectfully SBM. Not only was it unusual she was holding it inside but it was also said that she was moving her class to an outdoor park location and this is the last one she was to hold in the church location. It seems to have come down to sort of a "now or never" situation, if I understand the facts correctly.

In this video, at the 1:50 mark, the camera shows a hallway. The perp opens a door underneath the camera. On the wall beside the door is the number "12." When the perp opens the door, you can clearly see the beam from the perp's headlamp shining on the frame of the door. It is very clear.

[video=youtube;ePS8TJ6UAqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY[/video]

I see it at 1:40 as well.The light shines down on the floor when he/she is walking and then up top when he/she turns right to go into the room.Clear as a day.

I wouldn't say "tall" but I'll give you pudgy and plays way too many video games. ;)

That is, if the perp is a male.

That's right they think the suspect is 5-6 or 6'8. At first I thought they said 6'.

Does anyone know how bright the head lamp would be?Could it have temporarily blinded Missy?Then she gets hit?

A couple of things about the lighting---

First, the light in the church building during the videos is dimmer than it appears. These cameras would have the sensitivity turned up. In reality, not all of the hallway lights are on, but only a few of the light fixtures for "security." That's why the perp needs the flashlight and headlamp. This also indicates that the perp did not turn on extra lights.

Great questions! I looked at her facebook before it was scrubbed and did not see a post about moving inside. I haven't found anyone else that has either. Only a post saying that if it's raining, we are training. MOO it's a rumor that grew legs.

How did the perp know she would come inside? How did he know she would come alone? My burning questions today.
To me, the only way the perp knew she would 1. Come alone and 2. Go inside, is because the perp had inside information and/or was familiar with her routine.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how bright the head lamp would be?Could it have temporarily blinded Missy?Then she gets hit?

But to answer your question, the LED headlamp does not appear very bright to me. You can see it shining on the wall when the perp comes out that door. I think it is a light designed to provide a little illumination but not too much. So no, I don't think the head lamp could have blinded MB.

Looks like golf clubs to me this way...

It looks different now that I haven't looked at the picture for a little while! It does kind of look like golf clubs. I need to do more searches but I worn myself looking for it today. :)

Continuing with the series of 4 photos in this link and blown up to 300%

Photo#2

The media has said that the suspect was wearing all black. Here is a quote and link to this:

"Midlothian Police Release New Video in Church Murder ... Investigators first said the person in the video, who is wearing black ... Suspect first appears on video..."
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mi...in-Bevers-Murder-Investigation-376770941.html

Photo#2

This photo#2 is the back of the suspect. I am completely certain that what I see is camouflage pattern in the pants legs. I believe the pattern or color is Woodland. This pattern now comes in a variety of colors (even pink and white) but the original military color was dark forest green+dark brown+green+tan, and all branches have used these pants (and shirts). This pattern looks a bit like puzzle pieces. There is a large light colored splotch at the top of the left calf/back of knee. Once you see it, you will recognize it when the picture is smaller, and also in videos. I recognized off TV on Nancy Grace 4/28 in both a still and video.

Photo#2

Referring now to the outlines of the pant legs: both sides of the left leg and the inner side of the right leg - these pants are very crumpled because they are very much too long for the suspect's legs. I also see extended/stuffed cargo pockets on the sides of the thighs and the placement of the pockets also suggests that these pants are far too long for the suspect.

Photo#2

Referring now to the bottom edge of the left pant leg: it is clearly cuffed to the inside. This is a military practice known as "boot blouzing" or properly "blousing the pant leg". Because the pants are far too long, the suspect cuffed them to the inside and they are likely held in place with a green elastic with little hooks called a "blousing rubber". You can see how the bottom edge of the left pant leg extends out wider than the boot ankle top - that is a crease or fold of pant material and not the hem. This blousing manuever is not that easy to learn to do and suggests exposure to this practice.

Photo#2

Lots of opinions about the boots. JMO but it looks like an old style basic training combat boot and not a newer speed-lacer. It has some minimal boot polish on it that can be seen reflecting a little light on the heel and up the back of the ankle (I know because I can see the break between). Most military people do put polish on the edge of the soles as well as the boot leather.

All JMO

Thank you for the warm welcome. I have to go away for awhile BBL. I just thought I had something unique to say.

I am SO glad you joined us! You make some amazing observations. I am going to go look at the pictures more closely on my computer because I don't think I can see anything that you are seeing other than something in the first photo.

Very interesting stuff though....please come back when you can! I definitely want to hear more. I'll go see if I can make my eyes see what you do.

Respectfully SBM. Not only was it unusual she was holding it inside but it was also said that she was moving her class to an outdoor park location and this is the last one she was to hold in the church location. It seems to have come down to sort of a "now or never" situation, if I understand the facts correctly.

Regarding the content in bold:
1st bold part) Repectfully, it's actually not that unusual for a CG camp to be moved inside a facility* during rainy season, if they have access (which she clearly did.)
2nd bold part) This is the first I have heard of this. Where did you read that? Thanks!

*if someone knew she held camp inside during inclement weather, based on the weather the days surrounding that day, they could have made a pretty safe bet that the camp would be held inside. Sorry, I know this has already been discussed upthread, but want to be clear.

A couple of things about the lighting---

First, the light in the church building during the videos is dimmer than it appears. These cameras would have the sensitivity turned up. In reality, not all of the hallway lights are on, but only a few of the light fixtures for "security." That's why the perp needs the flashlight and headlamp. This also indicates that the perp did not turn on extra lights.

And the headlamp came in handy when the jerk was walking into rooms that were dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hell Yeah