TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to figure out how to link to a photo, I don't think that where Missy parked was the awning.

Are you on a computer or Tapatalk? From a computer, look next to your smilies.....then click to the left of the film strip icon. It will let you attach a photo to your post. :)

Are you talking about the photo of MB's truck as it was being towed?

smb

I keep seeing that term---"Tapatalk." What is that? Do you have to be a supersleuth to use one? Does it come with a secret decoder ring?

LOL!!!! It's an app where you can access all sorts of forums (such as Websleuths) on your phone.

smb

I keep seeing that term---"Tapatalk." What is that? Do you have to be a supersleuth to use one? Does it come with a secret decoder ring?

BBM: Gosh, I wish! :)

Tapatalk is an app that you can download on your phone to access WS on the go! That way you don't miss anything important. ;)

I know what you mean with pocketed pants but they appear to flair inward and while he is walking appear to have the backside strapping. It looks a little shiny compared to the pants material.

I agree and honestly I see it in most of the surveillance video as he/she walks. I was just throwing out the possibility of the pockets because police said something about the type of pants they believe he/she is wearing. Someone gave the initials a few pages back but can't recall now what it was (some kind of tactical pants). I try to keep an open mind but can't get passed that I see either knee pads and or shorts. If it is shorts then I think that person probably wears shorts over their pants regularly. That could mean something to someone.

I need to figure out how to link to a photo, I don't think that where Missy parked was the awning.

Screen-Shot-2016-04-19-at-11.17.28-AM-580x254.png

I think 'the awning' would be the 2 story entrance way in the middle. Not where Missy parked which I think is on the right side.

I remember at one point thinking it looked like shorts over pants to me but I'm not familiar with tactical gear. It just looked like the outline of shorts in one of the videos

I'm going to agree with Heather, that from behind when the perp approaches the Dutch Doors, it looks like bulky black shorts beneath the POLICE vest. Attaching a couple of illustrative screen shots.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 4.57.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 4.57.44 PM.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 272
  • Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 4.58.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 4.58.10 PM.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 268
View attachment 93591

I think 'the awning' would be the 2 story entrance way in the middle. Not where Missy parked which I think is on the right side.

I'm sorry Satchie....I wish I understood what you meant about "2 story entrance way in the middle". The awning is on the right side of the church.

I just saw some footage of a Seattle protest which got violent and SWAT was there. To call this perp's get-up SWAT gear is laughable.

I agree and honestly I see it in most of the surveillance video as he/she walks. I was just throwing out the possibility of the pockets because police said something about the type of pants they believe he/she is wearing. Someone gave the initials a few pages back but can't recall now what it was (some kind of tactical pants). I try to keep an ope mind but can't get passed that I see either knee pads and or shorts. If it is shorts then I think that person probably wears shorts over their pants regularly. That could mean something to someone.

Police said in presser he was wearing what appeared to be BDU (tactical) pants. Gave the link to what those are earlier up thread, but here it is again:

http://tacticalgear.com/bdu-pants?u...+bdu +pants&utm_content=cat - bdu pants (bmm)

I can find no reason to question, this, personally, as their video studies have been more exhaustive than ours, with better equipment.

I'm going to agree with Heather, that from behind when the perp approaches the Dutch Doors, it looks like bulky black shorts beneath the POLICE vest. Attaching a couple of illustrative screen shots.

attachment.php
attachment.php

It does appear to be shorts over possible sweat pants. This could really help identify the suspect. I don.t know many people that wear shorts over pants, at least not in CA.

Police said in presser he was wearing what appeared to be BDU (tactical) pants. Gave the link to what those are earlier up thread, but here it is again:

http://tacticalgear.com/bdu-pants?u...+bdu +pants&utm_content=cat - bdu pants (bmm)

I can find no reason to question, this, personally, as their video studies have been more exhaustive than ours, with better equipment.

I only wish we had access to their video studies. The most concrete piece of evidence we have at the moment. Even if they are BDU pants one can certainly add shorts or knee pads over them.

I think I understand what Satchie is saying. I think when CG did class outside, they did it under what they called the "front" awning---which would be the front entrance of the church I think. Maybe that's where it might be getting confused?! I've been seeing it called "awning" where Missy was parked on the side so I didn't even think about this being confusing with what Missy had written to her CG group about the "front awning". Am I understanding that right, Satchie?

ETA: My husband (Construction Science major) says that most people call where Missy parked a "drive through awning (or canopy)" but the technical name is "porte cochere". ;) So now I get what you guys were talking about on the other threads when you called it that. I knew I should have asked the hubs about this a week ago!

attachment.php
attachment.php

and a few more ...

From NBC News Today show
http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Video/201604/2016-04-19T11-35-39-066Z--1280x720.today-vid-canonical-featured-desktop.jpg

and the New York Daily News
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2606173.1461018052!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_635/article-church2-0418.jpg

It does appear to be shorts over possible sweat pants. This could really help identify the suspect. I don.t know many people that wear shorts over pants, at least not in CA.

And if they are hockey shorts, as Heather suggested, then the perp might be wearing hockey pads underneath, which would certainly obscure his/her figure.

You really can't interpret everything literally. "Ran into" is a common colloquialism for "encountered."

Oh my sonjay, how funny! I didn't mean that they "thud" ran into each other. Only for timeline purposes, that directly upon entering the church, Missy ran into the perp.

Not that Missy's death is funny, only how we can misinterpret each others posting.

Hockey shorts. Note the extensive padding.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 5.20.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 5.20.43 PM.png
    218.3 KB · Views: 428
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors