DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Canadian Record

BREAKING NEWS:
Thomas Brown's remains found

On Wednesday, January 9, investigators with the Hemphill County Sheriff’s Office, Texas Rangers and Texas Attorney General’s Office learned that human remains were discovered in Hemphill County.
On January 15, 2019, forensic testing confirmed the remains were that of Thomas K. Brown.
Thomas K. Brown was last seen on November 23, 2016 in Canadian.
At this time the cause of death remains under investigation. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family of Thomas K. Brown.
This remains an active investigation. Anyone with further information should contact one of the aforementioned agencies.

Klein Investigations and Consulting
50110080_2035411929874714_628141419466326016_n.jpg

Remains of Missing Canadian Teen Thomas Brown Found, Private Investigators say

CANADIAN, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) - UPDATE 6:58 p.m.:

Texas Rangers and the Texas Attorney General's Office, along with the Hemphill County Sheriff's Office confirm that human remains that were discovered last week, are that of Thomas Brown.

The remains were found last Wednesday, January 9.

Sgt. Cindy Barkley with DPS says the cause of death remains under investigation at this time, and anyone with information should contact law enforcement.

[....]

So, from watching the local news - he was found on the Lake Marvin Road. Wasn't this the same place his phone, etc were found? Im curious how far away he was found. Has he been out there the whole time? Or was he moved after the last search?

According Channel 10 - the remains were found by a person who heard the call from law enforcement and the investigators asking everyone to keep a watch on Lake Marvin Road.

So - was this person specifically looking for Thomas? Did they stumble across his remains?

Human remains confirmed to be TX teen missing since 2016

You can hear the radio interview HERE. (scroll down to below photo of Thomas).

--in the interview Klein says they found more evidence out on the Lake Marvin road than what was released from the earlier search. (My note - Did we know this? I don't have it written down so I think this is new and very interesting).

--Klein is telling people to stay away from the crime scene so not to ruin evidence.

--Person who found remains was an individual who was just out on Lake Marvin road and stumbled onto remains. Called for help because he didnt know what it was.

--Without getting into evidence, there was some intelligance that was developed that led them to Lake Marvin road/area. The OAG has asked they seal the file and not share what they know. Good detective work helped.

--Klein had told local ranchers, etc to keep their eyes open when out and about and they did just that.

--Where investigation goes from here - Klein says OAG team and Texas Rangers are involved and are the best. Klein thinks a regroup will happen, and everyone will relook at evidence, timeline, etc and expects it to go to a homicide case. He will not be talking to Penny about anything re: case until she has grieved but he expects OAG to take over the case, and Klein will step out now that Thomas is found. This is a very solvable case.

--Forensics - Klein won't get into evidence, but everyone feels like this case will be solved. Not one person in LE thinks this case won't be solved.

(edited to add highlights while listening to interview).

Last edited:
I am watching Channel 10 news now...Klein is giving an interview about where Thomas was found. According to Klein, Thomas was found on the north side of the road...in the general area of where searches had been done BUT the searches were done on the south side and no one had searched the North side yet. So it wasn't a matter that they had missed him when they searched, they just hadn't searched exactly where he was before.

I will update this post with a link as soon as the news station puts the interview online.

I am watching Channel 10 news now...Klein is giving an interview about where Thomas was found. According to Klein, Thomas was found on the north side of the road...in the general area of where searches had been done BUT the searches were done on the south side and no one had searched the North side yet. So it wasn't a matter that they had missed him when they searched, they just hadn't searched exactly where he was before.

I will update this post with a link as soon as the news station puts the interview online.

It took too long to find the video online so I couldn't link it sooner, but here is the LINK.

Watching KVII tonight at 10, Klein is interviewed and said Thomas was found on public land. He refers to the location as 'Long Hollow Road'. The kids at the high school kept telling him that Thomas was out at Lake Marvin. The location he was found in was a 'secondary' place to search and had not been searched before.

The road is 17. 5 miles long, and an acre on each side of the road.
--------------------------
This is new information. Here is a link to the entire interview.

Last edited:
I am curious how far off the road he is. When we searched with TXEQ, Tim said bodies are usually not too far off the disposal road and usually that road is within a certain distance of a main road. I wish I could remember the exact distances.
I'd be curious to know that distance is as well. For funsies, I tried finding the Longhollow Road on Google maps and could never find it. I do have a guess which road it is, but cannot confirm yet.

I am still not convinced he was out there the entire time but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3