DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A statement from Klein was posted on the Klein Investigations FB page:

Klein Investigations and Consulting

Public Statement By Philip Klein, Lead Investigator: In The Matter of Brown

First, let me again take the opportunity to thank the citizens of Canadian, Texas, and Hemphill County Texas. As we have said publicly, we cannot thank you for the outpouring of support for our team and the family. From the beginning, we have said that this case will be solvable. It is - it will be solved.

Second, we will comment on what many are calling "Part 2" of this investigation. We have had the opportunity to visit with the family of Thomas Brown. As of today, we have not been engaged in "Part 2" as the family is making some decisions regarding such. We will let you know the future of this case when it happens. A huge thank you again for your email, social media posts and most of all your phone calls to our office asking "what next." Until we are told what is next - we are still accepting tips and information. We understand the "trust factor" and we want you the public to have a portal to sending information. You can call us at 409-729-8798. We will work the tips.

Lastly, the Facebook Site regarding this case will be changing. It has been a portal to those of you following this case in Hemphill County. Regardless of our involvement in the future, we want you to know that tips, conversations, and information given to investigators were key to solving the location of Tom. The OAG investigators and the Texas Rangers are working hard in this case and they should be embraced by the community. We have said from the beginning that they would bring a wealth of investigative direction to the case - and they did.

Hemphill County and the city of Canadian will be ever changed by this incident. From leadership in Law Enforcement to Leadership in your County, how you live and your safety factor in your community. We, the investigators on this case from KIC, want you to know that evil is everywhere. We see it and deal with it every day of the week - both inside and outside government, in the legal community and in public. We urge you to not give up on the good and politically purge the bad. Have faith in the good and get rid of the bad. And in the memory of Thomas Brown embrace what we have just said. Make it your calling. Make it your cause. Make it your goal.

We will keep you updated on our roll in the future - and we pray for all of you in Hemphill County and to again, the honor and memory of Thomas Brown. It has been our honor to meet all of you - and to be apart of the solution - not the problem.

Never ever forget the missing - and their families.

Philip R. Klein, TPLI-PPO
Lead Investigator

I think his mom said his laptop was ruined, so this is a long shot. Anyways, I've heard that school-issued laptops are able to be tracked by the school and I wonder if they've checked to see if his laptop had it. This could help if it wasn't dumped immediately.

Hemphill County and the city of Canadian will be ever changed by this incident. From leadership in Law Enforcement to Leadership in your County, how you live and your safety factor in your community. We, the investigators on this case from KIC, want you to know that evil is everywhere. We see it and deal with it every day of the week - both inside and outside government, in the legal community and in public. We urge you to not give up on the good and politically purge the bad. Have faith in the good and get rid of the bad. And in the memory of Thomas Brown embrace what we have just said. Make it your calling. Make it your cause. Make it your goal.

I feel like he is getting at something here.

I do as well. Wasn't sure if I was reading too much into it or not.

I don't think so. Why even write something like that if it wasn't relevant to the case or how the case was and is currently being handled? Sounds more like calling out those who are voted into office. Whether it's LE specific or someone outside of LE who might have enough pull to get LE to turn a blind eye, I don't know.

I don't think so. Why even write something like that if it wasn't relevant to the case or how the case was and is currently being handled? Sounds more like calling out those who are voted into office. Whether it's LE specific or someone outside of LE who might have enough pull to get LE to turn a blind eye, I don't know.

My hinky meter is going off considerably since reading that paragraph. One of the boys that was last seen with Thomas is the son of an elected politician. And he is 'high enough' in his elected office that he could have some pull in getting things covered up. He is in State politics vs just a local office.

Just reading through this whole thing for the first time:
I think that Thomas's *perceived* sexuality is an important part of this puzzle no matter what happened to him.
The fact that the Sheriff talked so much about his supposed orientation so early in this chain events was truly bizarre and not a coincidence imo.
In the backwater New England town where I grew up there was a lot of LE corruption, and it was a known normalized thing in the 80s when I was in high school that cops would sometimes pick up stray teenagers at night who were in some way outcasts or misfits, harass them, drive them around threatening to have them arrested, punished, beat up, etc. and then dump them in a specific and very spooky and remote part of town so that they'd have to find their way back home from there on their own. Most of these kids had troubled home lives or otherwise were vulnerable so nothing was ever done about it.
I wonder if something like that is part of the missing puzzle- if Thomas may have at some point died of natural causes or self-inflicted injury but there were preceding events that some group of connected people needed to cover up.

Just reading through this whole thing for the first time:
I think that Thomas's *perceived* sexuality is an important part of this puzzle no matter what happened to him.
The fact that the Sheriff talked so much about his supposed orientation so early in this chain events was truly bizarre and not a coincidence imo.
In the backwater New England town where I grew up there was a lot of LE corruption, and it was a known normalized thing in the 80s when I was in high school that cops would sometimes pick up stray teenagers at night who were in some way outcasts or misfits, harass them, drive them around threatening to have them arrested, punished, beat up, etc. and then dump them in a specific and very spooky and remote part of town so that they'd have to find their way back home from there on their own. Most of these kids had troubled home lives or otherwise were vulnerable so nothing was ever done about it.
I wonder if something like that is part of the missing puzzle- if Thomas may have at some point died of natural causes or self-inflicted injury but there were preceding events that some group of connected people needed to cover up.

Just going on what Klein Investigators has said publicly when Tom's body was found - no, Thomas did not die of natural causes or self inflicted injury. Klein has said this was a homicide.

It could be awhile before COD and any tests are released. Thomas' remains would be sent to Dallas (there is a large forensic lab that handles cases like this). That lab has been backed up for awhile now, and short staffed. Another case I have been following has been waiting since last March to get DNA and COD information returned back to them.

I am afraid it could be a long while before we hear anything new. Fingers crossed, though, that maybe it wont be a long wait.

Just going on what Klein Investigators has said publicly when Tom's body was found - no, Thomas did not die of natural causes or self inflicted injury. Klein has said this was a homicide.
Oh, I somehow missed that! Was that because he has inside knowledge of the special circumstances of the body when discovered separate from the issue of his car's odd activity all night? (For example was he buried/wrapped/hidden etc.?)

Oh, I somehow missed that! Was that because he has inside knowledge of the special circumstances of the body when discovered separate from the issue of his car's odd activity all night? (For example was he buried/wrapped/hidden etc.?)

He didn't specify what he was basing his comment on, other than to say this was going to be a homicide investigation. Very, very few details have been publicly released about Tom's body and the conditions it was found in (basically, all thats been said was that it was in grass, in an area that hadn't been searched).

There are local rumors about how he was found, but they are just that - a rumor, so we cant discuss that here.

Klein Investigators has released a press release. They are staying on Tom's case, for 'Phase Two' - to find the reason and person who killed Tom. They have assigned investigators to Tom's case + the Attorney Generals office is still working the case as well. Klein is working on the civil side while AG office is still working on the criminal side.

Klein Investigations and Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member