Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I remembered hearing at one point that Tom was with another friend earlier in the evening, in addition to Kaleb King and Christian Webb. Does anyone else remember this, and if so, do you remember the name?

So I have been thinking about this. I *sorta* remember something about this, but I cant recall. Let me go back and do some reading again.

Edited: ok found it. Its in post #342 - my notes from the podcast. According to what Tom's mother said in that podcast, Thomas has with Michael earlier, then later he was with Caleb and Christian.

Last edited:
a new Unfound podcast / live chat that talks about the recent developments on Tom's case. Starts about 11:15.

My notes:

1. The search will go all week.
2. 100 people searching - AG, Texas Rangers, and LE cadets are searching
3. His perspective is that this is a BIG search, but doesn't how why they are out there searching. He's read rumors...but cant confirm.
4. His experience tells him this is a big search, especially because its over two years on going. He thinks its surprising they are still searching since they already have Tom's remains.
5. He's talked to Penny and he doesn't think she knows anymore than the rest of us know.But Penny may know things and just cannot tell.
6. He thinks its interesting that we still don't know who found Tom's remains. There is a reward for info for his remains, and he isn't aware that the reward money hasn't been paid.
7. Not a lot of hard facts about any new info.
8. He has received lots of information but nothing he can substantiate.
9. They have classified Thomas' case as homicide.
10. He is aware that people may be trying to put wrong info out, so he is being extra careful about what he says.
11. The video that he has on hard drive with Tom's car (Abrahams Hardware) IS NOT the place that caught fire this past week. That was Alexanders. Two videos but each one has Tom's car on it - but no word on why Alexanders burned. (side note: he wasn't very clear IMHO about this. ALEXANDERS is what burned though).
12. On the search this week - they are walking arm to arm so they don't miss anything.

Finally read 2 years of posting, phew. Great team work.
For a small town, and the distance being 12 miles between body find and car parked the fact that Thomas' vehicle racked up 100 miles in the missing time period - that's a lot of what appears to be 'manic-panic' driving , imo.

Have all teens of interest provided a solid alibi? In the thread, I note that KK was cleared as his mom had been phoned by Tom's mom with KK in bed. That CW separated in the company of KK when Thomas entered his vehicle and headed for gas, so I guess she's in the clear.

How about the lad who Tom had interacted with earlier in the evening? Any mention of his alibi?
Is there anyone else, I'm missing?

Things I have noted from the podcast:

[snipped by me]
7. Took County Deputy Pine (?) Gregory (who was on duty) 45 min to respond to first call about Thomas missing. He responded at 3:50am.
[snipped by me]

I have a request JB. Could you check your audio-transcription as to whether this was 3:50am, or 2:50am, please. Am aiming to get my head around an accurate timeline. TIA.
"Meek called RK, Kaleb’s mother, around 1:45 a.m. She awoke her son, who told her it was just an ordinary night. They joined the search, and that’s about the time Meek called the Hemphill County Sheriff’s Office."

Finally read 2 years of posting, phew. Great team work.
For a small town, and the distance being 12 miles between body find and car parked the fact that Thomas' vehicle racked up 100 miles in the missing time period - that's a lot of what appears to be 'manic-panic' driving , imo.

Have all teens of interest provided a solid alibi? In the thread, I note that KK was cleared as his mom had been phoned by Tom's mom with KK in bed. That CW separated in the company of KK when Thomas entered his vehicle and headed for gas, so I guess she's in the clear.

How about the lad who Tom had interacted with earlier in the evening? Any mention of his alibi?
Is there anyone else, I'm missing?

I question Kaleb K's alibi. When TB's mother called KK's mother, was she awake at 2am-ish and ran to her son's room to wake him, or did she say I'll wake him and call you back? With an expensive gated home the K family owns I would think there is outside surveillance showing when son came home that night? As for Michael C, I don't think I heard any mention of his whereabouts that evening. Someone drove around to use a quarter tank of gas. I figure it was some sort of interrogation ride starting from the High School parking lot.

I question Kaleb K's alibi. When TB's mother called KK's mother, was she awake at 2am-ish and ran to her son's room to wake him, or did she say I'll wake him and call you back? With an expensive gated home the K family owns I would think there is outside surveillance showing when son came home that night? As for Michael C, I don't think I heard any mention of his whereabouts that evening. Someone drove around to use a quarter tank of gas. I figure it was some sort of interrogation ride starting from the High School parking lot.

Apologies. I didn't add the MSM link..

GONE: Where is West Texas teen Thomas Brown?

I have a request JB. Could you check your audio-transcription as to whether this was 3:50am, or 2:50am, please. Am aiming to get my head around an accurate timeline. TIA.
"Meek called RK, Kaleb’s mother, around 1:45 a.m. She awoke her son, who told her it was just an ordinary night. They joined the search, and that’s about the time Meek called the Hemphill County Sheriff’s Office."

Sorry its taken me so long to respond. I am stuck in the ICU with my father -in -law and am just now getting back to checking on here. I don't have my headphones to go back and relisten - to the podcast, but I have noted on computer that Officer Pyne (or Pine, as I like to spell it), RESPONDED at 3:50 and that it took him 45 minuets to get there after the call. It is my understanding that Penny called Tom's friends BEFORE calling the sheriff to report him missing.

Maybe we should put together a timeline that we can all agree on, based on the info available. It seems like every time I made one, I ended up going back and editing it because then we'd find out more information. Hmm. Maybe if I created a google document that everyone could edit we could get all the known info in. Would this be helpful or just headache?

Let me go back and see what I can find so we can narrow the time down exactly when Calebs mom was called. Be back after I find more info.

Edited - I have written down in my notes she called Kalebs mom at 1:45 am. Thats as accurate as I have written down.

Last edited:

I will be honest. I have some questions about Kaleb and Michael. Not sure if its because of the information (and lack of) that beens given or because Kaleb gave me a bad vibe when I saw him speak. All I recall off hand about Michael is that he was with Tom BEFORE he met with the other two. So not much information at all.

Sorry its taken me so long to respond. I am stuck in the ICU with my father -in -law and am just now getting back to checking on here. I don't have my headphones to go back and relisten - to the podcast, but I have noted on computer that Officer Pyne (or Pine, as I like to spell it), RESPONDED at 3:50 and that it took him 45 minuets to get there after the call. It is my understanding that Penny called Tom's friends BEFORE calling the sheriff to report him missing.

Maybe we should put together a timeline that we can all agree on, based on the info available. It seems like every time I made one, I ended up going back and editing it because then we'd find out more information. Hmm. Maybe if I created a google document that everyone could edit we could get all the known info in. Would this be helpful or just headache?

Let me go back and see what I can find so we can narrow the time down exactly when Calebs mom was called. Be back after I find more info.

Edited - I have written down in my notes she called Kalebs mom at 1:45 am. Thats as accurate as I have written down.

Thanks JB. There's no rush to answer my queries. Please look after family first.

My confusion is the time gap between 1:45am and 3:50am That is two hours and 5mins. If the officer took 45mins to respond that indicates that the 911 call was made at 3:05am. From what I've read in the print media, it appears that the call was more likely made at 2:05am (rather than 3:05am).

Am coming into this case after the remains have been found, so not familiar with the particular podcast that you are referring to. If you can give me a link to the particular podcast that this information is in I will make the time to search myself.

Thanks again and take care of family. Cheers.

I will be honest. I have some questions about Kaleb and Michael. Not sure if its because of the information (and lack of) that beens given or because Kaleb gave me a bad vibe when I saw him speak. All I recall off hand about Michael is that he was with Tom BEFORE he met with the other two. So not much information at all.

Same. I too have questions about KK. Also....his father is powerful enough to warrant a cover up by the sheriff.
JMO.

Thanks JB. There's no rush to answer my queries. Please look after family first.

My confusion is the time gap between 1:45am and 3:50am That is two hours and 5mins. If the officer took 45mins to respond that indicates that the 911 call was made at 3:05am. From what I've read in the print media, it appears that the call was more likely made at 2:05am (rather than 3:05am).

Am coming into this case after the remains have been found, so not familiar with the particular podcast that you are referring to. If you can give me a link to the particular podcast that this information is in I will make the time to search myself.

Thanks again and take care of family. Cheers.

Here is one of the podcasts I just saw in my notes. I tag you in the others as I see them.

Thomas Brown: Seeds Of Doubt | Free Podcasts | Podomatic"

Another one:
Case 85: Tom Brown - Casefile: True Crime Podcast

A You Tube Video:

(a really good video)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online