Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My goodness, I am so glad Klein was brought in! Never in a million years did I think this poor boy would be treated so poorly in death. I also thought he was murdered, but never would I have thought this. Never. His poor family!!! Thank you for doing this!
You are welcome. I’m sorry for not transcribing :(. It’s getting late here, and really, they don’t talk about anything else that hasn’t already been reported (please remind me, @n_6CC, if I’m wrong ;)).

I have an inkling that Penny figured out very early on who was responsible for her son’s disappearance, and because of it, HCSO was not going to help her get her son back. Without her sheer determination and hiring of Klein, HCSO would have made sure that Thomas’ disappearance remained unsolved, IMO.

I don’t believe the perpetrator set out to kill someone that night, but rather, to bully some kids for whatever BS reason, like he always did.

And then something must have really set him off, IMO. It may be that the perpetrator was afraid that Thomas was going to report him to the Texas Rangers for harassment. I also wonder if the perp made sexual advances towards Thomas, and he rebuffed him. Feeling rejected, perhaps the perpetrator became extremely angry.

The rumor of Thomas being gay has been refuted by numerous people, including family, friends and his ex-girlfriend. So where did NL come up with the idea that Thomas was gay and that he ran off with an older man he met online? Was this a fantasy of his own?

Last edited:
You are welcome. I’m sorry for not transcribing :(. It’s getting late here, and really, they don’t talk about anything else that hasn’t already been reported (please remind me, @n_6CC, if I’m wrong ;)).

I have an inkling that Penny figured out very early on who was responsible for her son’s disappearance, and because of it, HCSO was not going to help her get her son back. Without her sheer determination and hiring of Klein, HCSO would have made sure that Thomas’ disappearance remained unsolved, IMO.

I don’t believe the perpetrator set out to kill someone that night, but rather, to bully some kids for whatever BS reason, like he always did.

And then something must have really set him off, IMO. It may be that the perpetrator was afraid that Thomas was going to report him to the Texas Rangers for harassment. I also wonder if the perp made sexual advances towards Thomas, and he rebuffed him. Feeling rejected, perhaps the perpetrator became extremely angry.

The rumor of Thomas being gay has been refuted by numerous people, including family, friends and his ex-girlfriend. So where did NL come up with the idea that Thomas was gay and that he ran off with an older man he met online? Was this a fantasy of his own?

You just might be onto something here. It is like a cheater who accuses their significant other of being the one who is cheating.

Yes, as if the this could have gotten any worse. I feel terrible for Thomas and Penny. I feel as though they have been punished for doing the right thing, and they’ve paid the ultimate price.

No wonder the residents of Canadian are said to be too afraid to speak up.

Based on the facts released so far, there are three individuals involved, IMO:

Individual 1: Murders Tom. Sets everything in motion. Drops the Durango off where it was found. Assists in disposal of his remains;

Individual 2: 1. puts this person in charge of making sure no one (such as Tom’s older brother) runs into the Durango while everyone looks for Tom overnight;

Individual 3: 1. tells this person to meet him at the murder scene (somewhere near the middle school -maybe the school parking lot-, IMO, where Tom’s phone pinged for the last time around midnight).

1. and 3. load Tom’s lifeless body into 3.’s personal vehicle.

3. waits in his vehicle next to 1.’s while 1. drives around, looking for a spot to dump the Durango.

1. calls 3. and tells him to pick him up.

1. and 3. urinate on the Durango.

3. drives 1. back to his vehicle.

Some time later, either 3. by himself or 3. and 1. together dismember the body. They place the remains where they were found, e.g., the area NL kept telling Klein HCSO had searched very throughly when Thomas first went missing and thus didn’t have to be searched again.

Thanks so much IMHO for the details, I never would have imagined dismemberment (although I've long suspected who persons 1 and 3 are). I hope the entire truth will come out and the family can eventually find peace, somehow.

Ooh. I’m Auditorily challenged. Can’t watch. No captions or lips to read. :)
Gotcha.

English is a second-language for me, and I use CC whenever it’s available. If we are watching TV together, the kids hate it, though ;).

The radio show aired the day after the story about the Texas Rangers’ investigation into Sheriff Nathan Lewis and the County Attorney’s refusal to accept cases recommended by Deputy Pyne Gregory came out.

So for the first couple of minutes, the host, his co-host and a guest talk about that. They also point out that according to the Texas Rangers, the investigation doesn’t involve Thomas’s case.

They question why the sheriff wouldn’t request assistance from the Texas Rangers right away.

The guest points out, “If you are talking about a disappearance or a probable murder, then you would think that you would want to call that in.”

Next, the host says, “Well, it wasn’t until just recently, in the last six months, the ruminants of the young man’s body were found in pieces,” followed by the guest stating, “Right. He was, uh, dismembered, just not like we thought.”

Host: “But even then, law enforcement officers wouldn’t release, uh, the cause of death.”

Guest: “Well, I’m sure, because they would probably want to have that as part of the questioning, or you know, they don’t want to release all of that because then, you’ve got people who’ve read about it, and you can’t tell whether the person that you are questioning knows things they shouldn’t know.

Host: “Well, there is, and there is tape recordings of the boy leaving the gas station, that within a matter of moments, uh, the sheriff’s car left the gas station, as did the deputy’s car leave the gas station. Or they were watching him, and they took different directions. I don’t, I don’t know what that means.”

Guest: “Well, here’s the other thing with that. Within the scope of that, um, new investigation, there seems to be a problem with the deputy as well, or the undersheriff.

Host: “Pyne ..., what’s his name?”

Guest: “Gregory something, I thought.”

Host: “(inaudible) Gregory.”

Guest: “Yeah.”

Host: “And, and about Miller added that he has refused several cases from the Deputy Gregory because of lack of sufficient probable cause, and/or misapplication of the law. Well, is that like saying, “Gee, (inaudible) may be a suspect in the murder?”

Guest: “Well, they are not saying that. So, they, they are talking about other cases that the DA clearly has a problem with him, so the DA is probably the person who requested this investigation, which is odd because they should’ve probably requested that a long time ago. There is all kinds of discrepancies. And it very well could be that the DA is also realizing everybody is in trouble. You know, you get out here in rural counties, and I hate to tell you, but things don’t always go as they should.”

Co-host: “Sheriff is the law.”

Guest: “It kind of is that way.”

Host: “Yes. And he clearly was controlling this case. Clearly was maneuvering this case.”

Guest: “I never could understand with all the discrepancies, that already, that hadn’t already taken place.”

Host: “Well, they had no body, for one thing. And now that that’s been accomplished, I think there now, I mean when you are moving from a missing person to a young man’s body chopped up found on the side of the road, ah, your case and interest and your anger peaks, doesn’t it?”

Guest: “Yes.”

Highlights from the remainder of the show:

1. Host mentions the three-hour interview Penny did with the host of the “Unfound” podcast;

2. The guest suggest the DA and and the Hemphill county attorney are shedding responsibility because it’s going to be a federal crime, and probably by now the FBI is looking into it;

3. Host: “I maintain that the only person who had the opportunity to pull all this off was the sheriff. And when you listen to the mother talk about the things that he told her, you wouldn’t say”;

Station: K-101 in Woodward, OK. It’s located about 75 miles northeast of Canadian;
Host: J Douglas. Former law enforcement officer;
Co-host: Steve McTeer;
Guest: I’m not sure (sorry :().
http://k101online.com/on-air/

Thank you IMHO for transcribing the interview. I have put together a timeline for TB the night he disappeared just to refresh everyone on the specifics. Please feel free to add anything I have missed.

November 23rd, 2016

11:30 pm TB was dropped off by friends at his 2009 Dodge Durango at parking lot of the middle school.

11:40 TB was seen on camera pumping gas into his Durango @ Fronks

11:51 driving off from Fronks towards the High School/Middle school area of town.

12:03 am TB’s brother texted him asking where he was-the message was never read.

12:10 am TB’s phone sent out it’s last ping on or near the area of the football stadium.

12:23 am TB’s mom sent out a text that was never read. At around 12:29 TB’s mother started to call Tom’s cell phone, all calls went to VM.

1:30 am 911 activated by TB’s mother. HCSO responded and began to search the city.

2:00 am Secondary Units began to search the city, as well as Tom’s friends and family.

During the evening/early morning two red Dodge SUV’s were captured traveling through the city of Canadian, but cannot be positively ID’d as being TB’s.

6:50 am (approx) A red Dodge SUV was captured on video coming into the area of the baseball fields on the sewer plant road. Camera’s captured the red Dodge SUV driving up a small hill and parking in a remote area on the downside of the hill.

7:30 am (approx) Helicopter launched in search of any sign of TB’s vehicle.

8:45 am (approx) A helicopter located TB’s vehicle in the area of the sewer plant rd. Approx 4 miles from TB’s home.

Vehicle was found unlocked, one window down halfway, no sign of TB.
* 25 caliber shell casing found in vehicle
* droplet of blood reported (was TB’s)

At some point, within days of the initial investigation, Klein Investigation was hired by TB’s Mother.

Approx two months later TB’s backpack was found approx. four miles from the location where the SUV was found. It was found to be “weathered” and the contents inside were wet as well.

October 17’, In a later search organized by Klein Investigation, a small caliber gun holster was found, as well as an Apple I-Phone and clothing (not specified). The I phone was found 9 miles from where the vehicle was located.

January 19’ TB’s remains were located off of Lake Marvin Road. They were found by an unnamed person. The remains were confirmed through dental records.
* Klein Investigations adds that TB’s remains were not missed in prior searches, but the area hadn’t been searched yet. Klein says that their “Phase One” search contained nearly 18 miles to cover plus an acre on either side of the road.

* In an interview found on MomsforTom page, It was recently reported that TB’s remains were found to be dismembered.

TB’s Investigation was turned over from HCSO’s office to OAG’s office in the Fall of 18’ in an effort to Move the investigation along.

* According to Tom Browns mother, she believes that Thomas filled his Durango up with gas. When the Durango was located, it was found with 3/4 of a tank of gas. One might assume that Thomas vehicle was driven somewhere around 100 miles - after leaving Fronks at 11:51 pm and being found the next morning (approx 8:45).

If someone knows how many actual S.O.’s were out there searching in the initial investigation, let me know please. TIA!!!
Sorry if I missed any crucial details. I am going to work on a map of every location known to us- It is not my forte’ so I am going to ask(plead) an expert mapper, and sweet friend to do it. I think it would be good for everyone to see just where TB was, where he wasn’t, and where all the evidence was found.

Gotcha.

English is a second-language for me, and I use CC whenever it’s available. If we are watching TV together, the kids hate it, though ;).

The radio show aired the day after the story about the Texas Rangers’ investigation into Sheriff Nathan Lewis and the County Attorney’s refusal to accept cases recommended by Deputy Pyne Gregory came out.

So for the first couple of minutes, the host, his co-host and a guest talk about that. They also point out that according to the Texas Rangers, the investigation doesn’t involve Thomas’s case.

They question why the sheriff wouldn’t request assistance from the Texas Rangers right away.

The guest points out, “If you are talking about a disappearance or a probable murder, then you would think that you would want to call that in.”

Next, the host says, “Well, it wasn’t until just recently, in the last six months, the ruminants of the young man’s body were found in pieces,” followed by the guest stating, “Right. He was, uh, dismembered, just not like we thought.”

Host: “But even then, law enforcement officers wouldn’t release, uh, the cause of death.”

Guest: “Well, I’m sure, because they would probably want to have that as part of the questioning, or you know, they don’t want to release all of that because then, you’ve got people who’ve read about it, and you can’t tell whether the person that you are questioning knows things they shouldn’t know.

Host: “Well, there is, and there is tape recordings of the boy leaving the gas station, that within a matter of moments, uh, the sheriff’s car left the gas station, as did the deputy’s car leave the gas station. Or they were watching him, and they took different directions. I don’t, I don’t know what that means.”

Guest: “Well, here’s the other thing with that. Within the scope of that, um, new investigation, there seems to be a problem with the deputy as well, or the undersheriff.

Host: “And, and about Miller added that he has refused several cases from the Deputy Gregory because of lack of sufficient probable cause, and/or misapplication of the law. Well, is that like saying, “Gee, (inaudible) may be a suspect in the murder?”

Guest: “Well, they are not saying that. So, they, they are talking about other cases that the DA clearly has a problem with him, so the DA is probably the person who requested this investigation, which is odd because they should’ve probably requested that a long time ago. There is all kinds of discrepancies. And it very well could be that the DA is also realizing everybody is in trouble. You know, you get out here in rural counties, and I hate to tell you, but things don’t always go as they should.”

Host: “Yes. And he clearly was controlling this case. Clearly was maneuvering this case.”

Guest: “I never could understand with all the discrepancies, that already, that hadn’t already taken place.”

Host: “Well, they had no body, for one thing. And now that that’s been accomplished, I think there now, I mean when you are moving from a missing person to a young man’s body chopped up found on the side of the road, ah, your case and interest and your anger peaks, doesn’t it?”

1. Host mentions the three-hour interview Penny did with the host of the “Unfound” podcast;

2. The guest suggest the DA and and the Hemphill county attorney are shedding responsibility because it’s going to be a federal crime, and probably by now the FBI is looking into it;

3. Host: “I maintain that the only person who had the opportunity to pull all this off was the sheriff. And when you listen to the mother talk about the things that he told her, you wouldn’t say”;

Station: K-101 in Woodward, OK. It’s located about 75 miles northeast of Canadian;
http://k101online.com/on-air/

upload_2019-4-14_22-11-30.jpeg

Thank you IMHO for transcribing the interview. I have put together a timeline for TB the night he disappeared just to refresh everyone on the specifics. Please feel free to add anything I have missed.

November 23rd, 2016

11:30 pm TB was dropped off by friends at his 2009 Dodge Durango at parking lot of the middle school.

11:40 TB was seen on camera pumping gas into his Durango @ Fronks

11:51 driving off from Fronks towards the High School/Middle school area of town.

12:03 am TB’s brother texted him asking where he was-the message was never read.

12:10 am TB’s phone sent out it’s last ping on or near the area of the football stadium.

12:23 am TB’s mom sent out a text that was never read. At around 12:29 TB’s mother started to call Tom’s cell phone, all calls went to VM.

1:30 am 911 activated by TB’s mother. HCSO responded and began to search the city.

2:00 am Secondary Units began to search the city, as well as Tom’s friends and family.

During the evening/early morning two red Dodge SUV’s were captured traveling through the city of Canadian, but cannot be positively ID’d as being TB’s.

6:50 am (approx) A red Dodge SUV was captured on video coming into the area of the baseball fields on the sewer plant road. Camera’s captured the red Dodge SUV driving up a small hill and parking in a remote area on the downside of the hill.

7:30 am (approx) Helicopter launched in search of any sign of TB’s vehicle.

8:45 am (approx) A helicopter located TB’s vehicle in the area of the sewer plant rd. Approx 4 miles from TB’s home.

Vehicle was found unlocked, one window down halfway, no sign of TB.
* 25 caliber shell casing found in vehicle
* droplet of blood reported (was TB’s)

At some point, within days of the initial investigation, Klein Investigation was hired by TB’s Mother.

Approx two months later TB’s backpack was found approx. four miles from the location where the SUV was found. It was found to be “weathered” and the contents inside were wet as well.

October 17’, In a later search organized by Klein Investigation, a small caliber gun holster was found, as well as an Apple I-Phone and clothing (not specified). The I phone was found 9 miles from where the vehicle was located.

January 19’ TB’s remains were located off of Lake Marvin Road. They were found by an unnamed person. The remains were confirmed through dental records.
* Klein Investigations adds that TB’s remains were not missed in prior searches, but the area hadn’t been searched yet. Klein says that their “Phase One” search contained nearly 18 miles to cover plus an acre on either side of the road.

* In an interview found on MomsforTom page, It was recently reported that TB’s remains were found to be dismembered.

TB’s Investigation was turned over from HCSO’s office to OAG’s office in the Fall of 18’ in an effort to Move the investigation along.

* According to Tom Browns mother, she believes that Thomas filled his Durango up with gas. When the Durango was located, it was found with 3/4 of a tank of gas. One might assume that Thomas vehicle was driven somewhere around 100 miles - after leaving Fronks at 11:51 pm and being found the next morning (approx 8:45).

If someone knows how many actual S.O.’s were out there searching in the initial investigation, let me know please. TIA!!!
Sorry if I missed any crucial details. I am going to work on a map of every location known to us- It is not my forte’ so I am going to ask(plead) an expert mapper, and sweet friend to do it. I think it would be good for everyone to see just where TB was, where he wasn’t, and where all the evidence was found.

upload_2019-4-14_22-16-31.jpeg

http://k101online.com/on-air/[/QUOTE]
You know how I love my llamacorns!!❤️

Hold up......

Is that common knowledge? I feel like this is the first I've heard of that.

Hold up......

Is that common knowledge? I feel like this is the first I've heard of that.
So TB’s mother, early on in the investigation, said that she was shown a video of Thomas getting gas at Fronks. It was noted on the Unfounded podcast interview with Penny that the video she viewed looked as though the video was taken “head-on”. Not from nearby video surveillance. Penny maintains that she was shown this video, and when she asked later about the video, she was told it didn’t exist. It was also noted that NL was not to be on duty until early morning and that S.O. DeHerrera and S.O. Gregory were on duty the night that TB disappeared. I am not sure when NL actually came in for duty.

I am going to just throw this out here and see what everyone’s ideas are:

When I hear an investigation like Thomas’s start off the way his did with the random theories thrown out by LE, it gives me pause for two reasons 1) Generally LE individuals don’t just throw stuff out there willly nilly, most good LE individuals follow the evidence. Which brings me to 2) Every bit of potential evidence (urine for DNA, fingerprints in vehicle, not towing the vehicle, not taking the vehicle in for processing etc) was completely contaminated.

I have such a nagging feeling that these S.O.’s literally had NO IDEA what they were doing. Now, does that mean that they absolutely screwed this case up? Yes. Does it imply they are covering something up? I just can’t say for sure. While we believe that LE should know how to handle an investigation, I am seriously left wondering if this agency literally had NO CLUE, and other agencies or investigators have to re-piece it all together, or if something more nefarious happened involving them. They certainly made a complete mess of TB’s investigation and IMO have no business wearing that badge. I can’t imagine trying to piece this all together after all this time and limited evidence. MOO
If they did JUST bungle it up, are there any other theories?

I remember Penny saying on Unfound that she saw the photo from Fronk's then suddenly she was told it didn't exist. I also remember from Unfound the different street cameras capturing SO vehicles driving through town several times that evening.

Maybe I'm reading it incorrectly but I read the transcript of the interview as saying that SO vehicles were seen on camera at the gas station when he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne