Found Deceased TX - Tiffany Kelly, 33, Euless, 18 November 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe these remains weren't dismembered, but disarticulated? Decomp, animal activity, water... several reasons why a body might be found in more than one piece.

(And I wish I could think of a more delicate way to say that.)

I took Bessie's map, did a U-turn and "drove" down the other end of the block to the barricades. These might be the drainage pipes pre-install:
http://goo.gl/maps/z6X4C

How long does it take to have positive ID on body parts?
badly decomposed - would hair & eyes be present?

Pray that they're able to do a dental or fingerprint match. DNA testing at the University of North Texas takes forever.

Pray that they're able to do a dental or fingerprint match. DNA testing at the University of North Texas takes forever.

Well I am wondering since Christinas family is already claiming it is not her ... 6hrs later ???
that is why I am asking

Until we get a verified confirmation it is not Christina Morris, we can't rule her out. Her family is unable to be quoted or linked so I have to assume they stated it on a private site.

Until we get a verified confirmation it is not Christina Morris, we can't rule her out. Her family is unable to be quoted or linked so I have to assume they stated it on a private site.

I mean we are talking about badly decomposed naked parts. where what was skin color is now possible darkened areas with bone exposed. perhaps no hair remaining ...
that is my main concern(JMO) that a body/parts remains found in this condition is going to be dismissed or determined in 6 hrs on a FB page.

Perhaps some identifying feature (i.e. a tattoo) doesn't match up with Christina, and LE let her family know in order to relieve their stress over the situation? I mean, that would be the compassionate thing to do, if at all possible.

So many missing people. Heartbreaking. I can't imagine what it must be like for the families. Every time remains are found, the wait for ID begins for the loved ones. Prayers for them all!

How long does it take to have positive ID on body parts?
badly decomposed - would hair & eyes be present?

Eyes -- no, they're one of the first things to disappear.

Hair, probably at least some left.

Fingerprints, possibly.

Tattoos might or might not be recognizable, depending on how long it's been and under what conditions. If the body was recognizably female, that makes it more likely.

If they recovered the head, then dentals are likely available.

So yes, there could well be identifying traits that could be used to eliminate someone very quickly.

Determining who it's NOT is often easy. Making a solid ID is hard.

What I've noticed that happens a lot in these cases where unidentified remains are found, it turns out to be someone we don't even know is missing or do not have a thread on.

The question here is how long it will take before there is an official ID; I've seen this length of time vary quite drastically from case to case, depending on the backlog of other cases, condition of the remains, etc...

IIRC, many are analyzed at UT in Denton? ( :waitasec:)

What I've noticed that happens a lot in these cases where unidentified remains are found, it turns out to be someone we don't even know is missing or do not have a thread on.

Yes. Only a small fraction of people missing in this country are in the public databases where we could learn about them.

The question here is how long it will take before there is an official ID; I've seen this length of time vary quite drastically from case to case, depending on the backlog of other cases, condition of the remains, etc...

IIRC, many are analyzed at UT in Denton? ( :waitasec:)

Yes they are. Denton is a straight line north of Dallas.

Can somebody please be kind enough to post a screenshot of the map if you can? Tia.

Can somebody please be kind enough to post a screenshot of the map if you can? Tia.

What is it you want to see on the map? Just the location of the remains, or the location in relation to an MP case, or... ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back