TX - Trial of Robert Durst in the murder of Morris Black

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes. Read the vanity fair article I linked up thread. One of Kathies friends has never stopped pursuing Bobby. She and the family deserve some resolution

I am starting to go back and read your links and comments now.. I was cooking dinner and was just browsing before.. I am trying to get into it all better.

I know that people have never ever stopped fighting for Kathy. I so wish the detectives would have treated this case better from the beginning. They basically took his word for it. Makes me ill.

OJ was found not guilty in LA county. That dumb-dumb jury in Galveston believed him. Durst's attorneys are GOOD. I'm not totally set on this being a "slam dunk" yet.

Oj is not a good comparison, IMO. And as for that jury in Texas Ihelp them. think that was part law and part idgit...

I think this case in CA would give enough to convict if they make sure they don't act like it is a slam dunk and they take the time to wrap up the loose ends.

Oj is not a good comparison, IMO. And as for that jury in Texas Ihelp them. think that was part law and part idgit...

I think this case in CA would give enough to convict if they make sure they don't act like it is a slam dunk and they take the time to wrap up the loose ends.

Yes, in Texas, when a person claims self-defense, the burden is on police and prosecutors to prove otherwise.
The State could not prove otherwise since the head was missing

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/03/robert_durst_held_without_caus.html

Dick DeGuerin, Durst's Houston-based attorney who has filed a motion seeking temporary permission to practice law in Louisiana on the accused murderer's behalf, said his client "was unlawfully arrested" last Saturday night at the J.W. Marriott on Canal Street.

DeGuerin's motion says the capital murder arrest warrant executed by the FBI New Orleans Violent Crimes Task Force on behalf of Los Angeles police is a sham.

"Mr. Durst was unlawfully arrested in Orleans Parish based on an invalid California arrest warrant that was issued without probable cause," the motion said. "The insufficient warrant was filed by the Los Angeles County Police Department (sic) to coincide with the final episode of the HBO docudrama 'The Jinx.'"

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/03/robert_durst_held_without_caus.html

Dick DeGuerin, Durst's Houston-based attorney who has filed a motion seeking temporary permission to practice law in Louisiana on the accused murderer's behalf, said his client "was unlawfully arrested" last Saturday night at the J.W. Marriott on Canal Street.

DeGuerin's motion says the capital murder arrest warrant executed by the FBI New Orleans Violent Crimes Task Force on behalf of Los Angeles police is a sham.

"Mr. Durst was unlawfully arrested in Orleans Parish based on an invalid California arrest warrant that was issued without probable cause," the motion said. "The insufficient warrant was filed by the Los Angeles County Police Department (sic) to coincide with the final episode of the HBO docudrama 'The Jinx.'"

That won't work. Because from what I understand it was a few years back that the Los Angeles police decided that Durst wrote the note. I think that they may have been waiting for more evidence but the do have evidence and probable cause for the arrest.

I know that the defense is going to try everything.. But I think that there is good evidence in this case and I think they have him with his own words. That is going to be hard to combat.

Yes, in Texas, when a person claims self-defense, the burden is on police and prosecutors to prove otherwise.
The State could not prove otherwise since the head was missing

And that is what I would have given the jury. He left all the body parts there but the head. You can see where the bag was cut open and the head removed, What did he do with it? If it was self defense why take the head? Why hide it? Why not just show us the head and where he was shot to prove his tale???

I think the Prosecution stunk.

My parents' friend has Parkinsons. I feel like there would be a much stronger indication of it in the Jinx interviews - he would be shaking. although, maybe whatever he needed surgery for explains the eye blinking tic?

Forgive me, I actually watched part of Dr Drew show the other night, shame on me. But he actually said something that was interesting and he was insistent that Durst had the characteristic Parkinson's gait to his walk. I don't know if its really accurate or not, but he went on to explain the brain surgery that is performed in some cases. Needless to say the guy had his skull cut into for some reason.

I hope he does. He was not in the hospital when he was caught, So my guess is that that is an exaggeration not the truth.. We will see.

And that is what I would have given the jury. He left all the body parts there but the head. You can see where the bag was cut open and the head removed, What did he do with it? If it was self defense why take the head? Why hide it? Why not just show us the head and where he was shot to prove his tale???

I think the Prosecution stunk.

The Pros did say that. But the way the law is written the State had to prove it was Not self defense. They put Durst on the stand. The jury liked him. They believed him and the defense

OJ was found not guilty in LA county. That dumb-dumb jury in Galveston believed him. Durst's attorneys are GOOD. I'm not totally set on this being a "slam dunk" yet.

After KC I don't believe in slam dunk anymore.

Robert Durst questioned for 3 hours without an attorney, lawyer says

High-powered defense attorney Dick DeGuerin made the claim in an interview with CBS.
Millionaire murder suspect Robert Durst’s lawyer claims a Los Angeles prosecutor grilled his creepy client for three hours without him present.
“A prosecutor came out here and took him aside and, you know, questioned him for three hours,” DeGuerin told “48 Hours Presents” in an episode that airs Saturday.
“I would have hoped they would not try to trick him without his lawyer present.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ned-3-hours-attorney-lawyer-article-1.2157013

BBM

Yeah, Robert is so naive since he's had so little experience with LE in the past. :rolleyes:

BBM: You are so correct here. I wonder how long the man that had THE letter might have known that it would have linked him to the killing of Susan. I got chills when he said "you know I might be dancing with the devil", when he showed film maker Jereki the now incriminating letter. I'll bet he let a sigh of relief when he was arrested, but probably lived in total fear the last couple years.

Because anyone who gets involved with a murder investigation surrounding Robert Durst is murdered themselves. If he talked to police and nothing was done, Robert is still free, and free to go after Douglas. I suspect none of us knows what it's like to have a sociopathic sibling your whole life who would kill you if given the chance. He wants to be as far away from Robert as possible, and the less he speaks about him to anyone, the less in danger he is. I think Douglas adopted silence as a form of self defense.

It is also rumored that he was in the process of some cosmetic surgery. He was found with the mask and I cannot believe how real those look, if they are the kind a previous poster mentioned.

As Spellbound noted in the previous page it looks as if he had some sort of surgery on his head. There is a video at this link where you can see he still has the staples in his head and the side of his head looks mis-shapened.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/18/police-raid-home-millionaire-robert-durst/

As a Galveston county native (but not an islander) it is quite embarrassing that they let him get away with this. We are not all that way! lol

Oh thank GOD I'm not the only person who though this. That jury did not make Galvestonians look like the brightest bulbs. Durst lucked out. Thankfully, I don't think he will be quite as lucky with an L.A. jury.

I do NOT think he has brain cancer. He is a lying liar. He just liked the reefer, as many do, lol. Also, we don't have medical marijuana in TX. He has mentioned smoking pot a couple times which led me to believe he's probably smoked it since he was young. Dr. Drew (take it for what that's worth) did think he did the parkinsons shuffle, so maybe there is some truth in that and they do have brain surgery and meds for it (micheal fox had the surgery). Other than that I don't buy any of his claims.

If he really does have brain cancer, I wonder if that's what all the weed was for.

So this morning I read that they are going after his wife.
http://nypost.com/2015/03/20/robert-dursts-wife-could-testify-against-him-to-avoid-flee-rap/

I don't think she will ever ever wave Spousal privilege. I think she could be the reason that Susan Berman is dead. I think that she could have convinced Durst that Berman would turn on him and sent him out there to take care of it. She did not seem at all phased by him murdering and dismembering Morris.

They have never lived together as husband and wife. HMM..

I hope and pray that officials are doing everything by the book. No short cuts, making sure they have all the right papers and warrants so nothing gets tossed.

But Galveston Island is certainly not off the map and definitely NOT rural. It's crowded and close to the Strand which always has a ton going on, not to mention it is a substantial cruise port now and the traffic through that area is major. It is not somewhere one goes to hide. He could have gone ANYWHERE. Like Cuba, but someone NAILED it, in that he liked living on the edge, constantly on the verge of getting caught. A pure psycho.

I don't think that is why he moved there but it definitely helped him in the end. I think he went there to hide and it was as far away as he could get from NY. Remember that he intial moved there and played a mute woman. His intent was to hide. But I would not be surprised if he had killed more people.

BBM: OJ Simpson. Worlds sloppiest case. Los Angeles, California.

Spoiler Alert so don't read if you plan on viewing the series "The Jinx". I can't understand why California PD didn't find the now infamous envelope in Susan Berman's home. The cadaver letter had already been received by the police and Susan had very few things in her home. Seems sloppy to me.

Someone wanted to get their name back in the press.... ; )

I saw the Dateline show last night. Nothing knew,except I am concerned that Michael Jackson's former lawyer said he thinks he could still get off for this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bill1620
Back