GUILTY TX - Tricia, 51, & Kevin Whitaker, 19, slain in their Sugar Land home, 10 Dec 2003

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thomas Bart Whitaker, with help from his father, has a blog called Minutes before Six (also Facebook page). He has written all about the months he spent in Mexico while on the run. The blog features many entries from death row inmates all around the country. I find it fascinating to read.

Minutes Before Six

I think the definition of “denial” fits here....”a refusal or unwillingness to accept something or to accept reality.” So it’s not that a person has no knowledge of the act being denied, it is the refusal to accept it as truth. I think it is common for many families to engage in this to various degrees. But most families probably don’t have a sociopath in their midst, and those that unfortunately do can’t comprehend that their loved one could be one.

Thomas Bart Whitaker, with help from his father, has a blog called Minutes before Six (also Facebook page). He has written all about the months he spent in Mexico while on the run. The blog features many entries from death row inmates all around the country. I find it fascinating to read.

Minutes Before Six

This is interesting reading. Thanks @Suglo for the link. I did not see an “ABOUT” section that explained who is the founder and administrator of this site, but it features writing (and art) from incarcerated persons. The piece that BW apparently wrote, is 11 different parts/chapters. As Suglo said, it describes some of his time in Mexico where he fled to escape prosecution for the murders of his mother and brother. It is a peek into the mindset of this individual, and there is a patina of grandiosity in his story. I am not convinced it is a true account. It reads more like fiction to me, full of self-importance and hard-to-decipher prose. It took me some effort to get through his lengthy sentences, and I had to look up several words in the dictionary. After awhile, I just skipped over those. I still don’t know what to make of this, but it is difficult for me to believe that BW was so easily “adopted” by a mid-level cartel family, who’s patriarch was willing to provide BW shelter, and inside information about the operations of his drug smuggling enterprise. What do others think?

This is interesting reading. Thanks @Suglo for the link. I did not see an “ABOUT” section that explained who is the founder and administrator of this site, but it features writing (and art) from incarcerated persons. The piece that BW apparently wrote, is 11 different parts/chapters. As Suglo said, it describes some of his time in Mexico where he fled to escape prosecution for the murders of his mother and brother. It is a peek into the mindset of this individual, and there is a patina of grandiosity in his story. I am not convinced it is a true account. It reads more like fiction to me, full of self-importance and hard-to-decipher prose. It took me some effort to get through his lengthy sentences, and I had to look up several words in the dictionary. After awhile, I just skipped over those. I still don’t know what to make of this, but it is difficult for me to believe that BW was so easily “adopted” by a mid-level cartel family, who’s patriarch was willing to provide BW shelter, and inside information about the operations of his drug smuggling enterprise. What do others think?
Wow you just echoed my feelings while reading his posts over the past few years. He still doesn’t get the gravity of what he did and I have a feeling he’s been playing his father this whole time. The only reason his sentence was commuted to life without parole is because of the father. I’m not a death penalty supporter but I do think he should be in a death row type setting not in the cushier general population area where he most likely is these days.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back