TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
sick. even metal detectors wouldn't help, with the weapons he had he would have just shot it up. What is killing me is those poor children, being killed one by one the terror. Something has to be done, We are all so fatigued by these horrible events.

HOW does an 18 year old "save" $5000 to buy an arsenal of weapons, and WHO sold it to him?????? <modsnip>

If he had a job that young people typically have at that age (fast food, grocery, etc.) and presumably did not pay any household bills, I think a teen could easily save this amount of money. IMO

Uvalde school shooter Salvador Ramos's grandfather has revealed the family had no idea that he legally purchased two AR-15s last week, and described him as a quiet teenager who spent most of his time alone in his room.

Ramos, 18, was shot dead by police yesterday after he killed 19 fourth graders and two teachers at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas. The gunman's motive remains unclear. He first shot his grandmother in the head at home, then stole her car and drove it to the school, crashing in a ditch before he walked into the classroom and opened fire.

Ramos turned 18 on May 16 and quickly bought two AR-15s and more than three hundred rounds of gun ammunition.

One of them was purchased at the Oasis Outback store in Uvalde, a 10-minute drive from his house.

His grandmother, believed to be 66-year-old Celia Martinez, took him for dinner to Applebee's to celebrate his birthday.

On Wednesday morning, her husband Rolando Reyes, 74, told ABC News that neither of them were aware their grandson then bought the guns.

'I didn't know he had weapons. If I'd have known, I would have reported it,' Rolando, who has a past felony conviction and cannot be in a home with firearms, said.

Were families invited to the honor roll assembly? Perhaps protocols were a bit relaxed that day since families would have been coming and going. A side door propped open or something. I'm not placing any blame on the school, it is 100% the fault of the shooter, just thinking out loud.
Yes. Families attended the honor roll ceremony.

His dreams seemed so close on Tuesday at Robb Elementary School’s honor roll ceremony. Martinez was there to cheer him on as Xavier’s name was called to receive his certificate.
Mere hours before the tragedy, Martinez snapped a photo of Xavier. She told him she was proud and that she loved him, before hugging him goodbye. She said she did not imagine that would be the last moment she would share with her “mama’s boy.”

Attachments

• 6F06F5F4-2629-4606-9CA1-495531EA7820.jpeg
    6F06F5F4-2629-4606-9CA1-495531EA7820.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 7
sick. even metal detectors wouldn't help, with the weapons he had he would have just shot it up. What is killing me is those poor children, being killed one by one the terror. Something has to be done, We are all so fatigued by these horrible events.
That AND I spent most of the night thinking about the many hours the parents had to wait to get confirmation that their child was safe, injured, or never coming home. The torture of that just adds insult to injury. I feel so bad for all of them. They were just babies. Babies!

Uvalde school shooter Salvador Ramos's grandfather has revealed the family had no idea that he legally purchased two AR-15s last week, and described him as a quiet teenager who spent most of his time alone in his room.

Ramos, 18, was shot dead by police yesterday after he killed 19 fourth graders and two teachers at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas. The gunman's motive remains unclear. He first shot his grandmother in the head at home, then stole her car and drove it to the school, crashing in a ditch before he walked into the classroom and opened fire.

Ramos turned 18 on May 16 and quickly bought two AR-15s and more than three hundred rounds of gun ammunition.

One of them was purchased at the Oasis Outback store in Uvalde, a 10-minute drive from his house.

His grandmother, believed to be 66-year-old Celia Martinez, took him for dinner to Applebee's to celebrate his birthday.

On Wednesday morning, her husband Rolando Reyes, 74, told ABC News that neither of them were aware their grandson then bought the guns.

'I didn't know he had weapons. If I'd have known, I would have reported it,' Rolando, who has a past felony conviction and cannot be in a home with firearms, said.
There should be security video from Oasis Outback. Perhaps even in the parking lot. Did someone drive Ramos to get the guns and ammo? He didn’t walk there.

I watch from afar, broken hearted alongside you all.. wondering why and how this could happen.

Reading that the parents have been asked for DNA to identify their child breaks me in a way I have never felt before. Everyone’s lives in that town and beyond have been irreversibly changed forever.

Those poor sweet children and teachers. I am so sorry we live in a world where this happens xx
Actually I am sorry I LIVE IN A COUNTRY where this happens- routinely---

It seems clear to me that 18-year-old Salvador Ramos had no respect for the lives of the children he murdered or for the lives of the teachers.

It seems clear to me that he had no respect for his own life.

Lacking respect for their lives all that was needed was some anger or even frustration in his unstable and violent mind to set off a rampage… if only he could find a way to carry out his plan.

He found a way. :(:mad::(

In other world, suicidal, homicidal, armed and dangerous. Wanting his name to get into Wikipedia, too. I don’t remember where I read that after the age of 24, the risk of becoming a school shooter goes sharply down. The brain changes. To me, having lived in Europe, the abundance of guns here looks unbelievable. But I understand that nothing will be done- again! - because of the money and the lobby. But maybe at least raise the age of gun ownership to 24?

Some of the Facts per Abbott - understanding it's an ongoing investigation

* The first thing that happened was that the gunman shot his grandmother in the face, and she contacted police. He fled and had an accident outside the elementary school and he went into the school.
* Officers engaged - he went into the back door and then went into a classroom - it was connected to another classroom.
* Officers went to the classroom and killed the gunman.
* 19 Children have lost their lives.
* 2 Faculty members lost their lives.
* Additionally, 17 people injured, but their injuries aren't life threatening.
* All family members of the students and faculty have been contacted and informed of the circumstances.
* Gunman was 18 years old and a reportedly a high school drop out, and no reported criminal history yet - there may have been a juvenile record, but that's still to be determined.
* No known mental health history of the gunman
* Used one weapon - AR 15
* No meaningful forewarning except - he posted 30 mins on FB: he said that he was going to shoot his grandmother, the second post was that he shot his grandmother, the third post 15 mins before getting to the school was I'm going to shoot an elementary school.

More from Abbott:

The Problem here - we have a problem with mental health illness in the community. There needs to be more mental health support.

Whenever something like this happens, there is an urgent need for everyone effected to access mental health. The victims, families, friends, law enforcement - the entire community is in shock. Physical wounds will heal, the mental and emotional wounds are harder to see and last longer.

This is the age of the kids I teach. I think it’s the the very best age to teach as the children still have such a natural curiosity and thirst for learning but are starting to branch out and become little independent beings. You can see hints of who they’ll be when they grow up.

These kids will never grow up. Looking round at my class today I could have cried.

I am fortunate that I live in a country where a single, horrific, school shooting was enough to make huge changes. I was at high school when Dunblane happened and remember it so clearly. I simply cannot imagine it being a frequent occurrence.

I’m so sorry, little ones. You deserved the world and your chance to play a part in it.

Were families invited to the honor roll assembly? Perhaps protocols were a bit relaxed that day since families would have been coming and going. A side door propped open or something. I'm not placing any blame on the school, it is 100% the fault of the shooter, just thinking out loud.
Yes -- several family members had attended the awards ceremony earlier Tuesday morning!

Superintendent of the School Dist.

The teachers are heroes as well. The two teachers that were lost, were the cornerstone of that campus to some great degree. They have kids in that district.

We have been cut deep here in our community. We will move forward, but it will take time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste