TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“What do you want me to say?” she asked a reporter. “That I can’t eat? That all I hear are their voices screaming? And I can’t help them?”

As the children huddled under their desks, staying quiet as their wounded classmates wailed from down the hall, the teacher sat on the floor in the middle of the room. She tried to stay calm, she said. To be strong for them.

Ruben Ruiz, 43, a veteran detective and SWAT team member, works as a police officer for the school district, and on March 22 held an active shooter drill at the school.

His wife Eva Mireles, 44, was one of the two teachers killed by Ramos on Tuesday.

If this report is valid (seems like AP News would be), the time taken for LE to enter the school was unacceptably slow. Could children/teachers have been saved if recognized protocols (LE rushing in despite unknowns) been followed?

If this report is valid (seems like AP News would be), the time taken for LE to enter the school was unacceptably slow. Could children/teachers have been saved if recognized protocols (LE rushing in despite unknowns) been followed?

“But police officers, in fact, generally are not under any legal obligation to protect citizens who are not in their custody. ‘Neither the Constitution, nor state law, impose a general duty upon police officers or other governmental officials to protect individual persons from harm — even when they know the harm will occur,’ said Darren L. Hutchinson, a professor and associate dean at the University of Florida School of Law. “Police can watch someone attack you, refuse to intervene and not violate the Constitution.’”
Officers Had No Duty to Protect Students in Parkland Massacre, Judge Rules (Published 2018)

You would think in 90 minutes they could have shot him thru a window or something. Thats an insane amount of time. IMO

Ruben Ruiz, 43, a veteran detective and SWAT team member, works as a police officer for the school district, and on March 22 held an active shooter drill at the school.

His wife Eva Mireles, 44, was one of the two teachers killed by Ramos on Tuesday.

The tragic irony... :( I'm heartsick for these families and their community.

As always, I am asking myself…when the Columbine massacre happened, many classmates acknowledged EH and DK had been bullied. Some classmates said, had the murderers targeted the jocks who were the pests of the school, they’d be understood. Instead, they shot random people, some disabled. Why?

Here, I do imagine that RS could be bullied. Not going to school, not graduating might mean bullying + depression, Looking at the interview with RS’s grandpa, the whole situation bespeaks poverty to me. Supposedly, you have been bullied, and end up hating the world, hating yourself, not seeing yourself in the future…why take it - not on your bully, but on the innocent children?

Unless it is the “school shooter” phrase? Lanza has earned a place in US history… much more than the Parkland shooter.

This kid, Ramos, knew he’d be killed and everyone would speak about him. He sent the photo to his girl acquaintance knowing she might sell it later. He knew the world would know about him! I wonder if we should think of purging the names of elementary school schoolers from the Wikipedia. Not the events, of course, the names?

I hope we can put to bed the "if only good guys that had a gun were *_______ they would be able to neutralize the threat"

*at the high school
*at the middle school
*at the elementary school
*at the movie
*at the grocery store

there were "good guys with guns", trained police on site and they couldn't do anything to help.

Maybe not physically violent before yesterday, but his head must have been full to the brim with violent simmering rage.

It’s the same old story, isn’t it? Quiet oddball just one day goes seriously bad.

It's not one day. Most of these subhumans have plans, gather ammo, guns, information, sometimes for months prior

Last edited:
Upset that police were not moving in, he raised the idea of charging into the school with several other bystanders.

“Let’s just rush in because the cops aren’t doing anything like they are supposed to,” he said.

Last edited:
Upset that police were not moving in, he raised the idea of charging into the school with several other bystanders.

“Let’s just rush in because the cops aren’t doing anything like they are supposed to,” he said.

I tried to read this and am so sick to my stomach and my heart feels like it is a thousand pounds and going to burst.

I can't fathom in the slightest how it feels to know your baby is in bits on her/his classroom floor because of gun violence.

Yk the dad that asked the judge for 5 minutes with Nassar? I would be the mom that all these pro gun politicians would never hear the end from me.

#1 cause of death for kids in the US is guns

For the past 9 1/2 years, I said many times that if something like Sandy Hook were to happen in a poverty-stricken school to black and/or Hispanic, or Muslim, kids, it MIGHT be local news, and would later be discussed only on racist blogs. I also added that I hoped this theory would never be put to the test.

And I was wrong. All 21 innocent victims were Hispanic.

I cried, I don't know how anyone could watch that and not cry. He was a medic and heard from one of the wounded children that his daughter was killed. My heart breaks for Angel and his family. RIP Amerie dear girl.
For any WSers who were Girl Scouts, Amerie was also a "sister in green."

Remember the massacre at the college in Montreal in 1989? I'm mentioning that because one of the responding officers found his own daughter dead. :(

I have no problems with banning guns in all schools however that does not get to the root of the problem which is these killers are mentally ill.

It seems to me that one theme that emerges after every such horrific crime is "the problem is mental health."

Yet I've never seen any leaders who say this, then advocate immediately for improvements to mental health care.

They say this is the solution and yet they do nothing to try to bring about that solution.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member