TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The signs were all there, yet nobody acted. Those closest to him likely afraid of him.

Questions that arise for me.

Where did he get the money to buy the guns? Two AR's, one with what appears to be an eotech or some other brand red dot sight. I'd say at bare minimum that's $1,500 dollars worth of weaponry, and possibly worth twice that amount. Add to that the body armor and some ammo.

But the big question for me is, why'd he shoot his own grandmother?

The first line in this article claims his family was poor.

REPEATING THE ADMIN WARNING FROM YESTERDAY:

In the face of such unspeakable tragedy, Websleuths tries to be a place where members can come to get factual information while working through the emotions that are brought forth by this type of horrific news. Websleuths has long stated that generalized debate about society’s ills does not belong here because it cannot be solved through discussion on a true crime forum. If there was a possibility that point/counterpoint arguments on our forum would prevent the next tragedy, Websleuths would allow it. Those critical discussions should absolutely take place, but not here.
Please do not debate guns, politics, mental illness, inherent evil, or other generalized topics that can only lead to conflict on this thread.

Thank you for respecting Websleuths guidelines on this.
May love and light lead the way in this dark time.

@Tom_Winter

The shooter in Uvalde, TX had an AR-style rifle, had no criminal history, had no employment, had no friends or girlfriend, and had attended a local high school, according to Texas DPS spokesperson, Lt. Christopher Olivarez in an interview with @KerryNBC
Texas DPS now says the shooter had a tactical carrier which can be fitted with ballistic protection or it may not be fitted with that protection. It was not body armor they say, upon further review of the scene.
The shooter, Salvador Rolando Ramos, had no criminal history, Texas DPS says. They say during the course of the shooting he barricaded himself in a classroom while shooting at kids and teachers, They also say the victims have been removed from the school overnight
Lt. Olivarez says the school did have video cameras which the Texas Rangers are hoping to use to be able to get a better understand of what happened.

eta:

@tplohetski

The shooter in the Robb Elementary School had legally purchased two AR platform rifles on May 17 and May 20 from a 'local federal firearms licensee,' according to a briefing given to Texas Sen. John Whitmire. One rifle was in his crashed truck at the scene. (1/3)

The other rifle was with the shooter. On May 18, the suspect bought 375 rounds of 5.56 ammunition, according to the briefing. ATF paperwork shows he likely lived with his grandmother, where she was shot. Authorities say he was wearing a plate carrier with no ballistic armor.(2/3)

The information about a pursuit is not accurate, according to the briefing. The grandmother apparently worked at the school but ended in 2020. The suspect's grandmother is still alive. (3/3)

Last edited:
<RSBM>

@Tom_Winter

They say during the course of the shooting he barricaded himself in a classroom while shooting at kids and teachers,

I wondered why it took them so long to get to him. Presumably "taken into custody" means that is when he was shot by LE.

Uvalde police department officials announced that the suspected gunman was taken into custody at 1:06 p.m. local time — approximately an hour and a half after an active shooter was first reported.

The shooting at the school began at 11:32 a.m.

I wonder what caused killer to crash his vehicle

good question...here are after-pictures of the truck. a lot of front end damage.

• The source reports that according to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), the suspect legally purchased two AR platform rifles at a local federal firearms licensee on two separate dates: May 17, 2022, and May 20, 2022. One of the rifles he had purchased was left in the crashed truck. The other rifle (a Daniel Defense) was located in the school with the suspect.
  • On May 18, 2022, the suspect reportedly purchased 375 rounds of 5.56 ammunition.
  • ATF paperwork shows the suspect’s home address, as does his driver license, in the 500 block of Diaz Street in Uvalde. That is the address where his grandmother lived and was shot.

Powerful and moving speech. Hope it elicits some change :(

First, they would have to have the heart to be moved by his impassioned speech. Some are too harden to care. After Sandy Hook, many senators decided it was ok, a reasonable sacrifice.

Snipped and Bolded by me….

He would be very rude towards the girls sometimes, and one of the cooks, threatening them by asking, 'Do you know who I am?' And he would also send inappropriate texts to the ladies,” said the former co-worker, who did not want her name used.

This sounds like he wanted to be known.

EXACTLY! Was tired of being ignored. Fame. He sought INFAMY.

Interesting stuff here. My 20 year career in public school, a high school in fact, revealed numerous incidents such as this one. I can tell you this is not an isolated case. I wonder who these two were......

I watch from afar, broken hearted alongside you all.. wondering why and how this could happen.

Reading that the parents have been asked for DNA to identify their child breaks me in a way I have never felt before. Everyone’s lives in that town and beyond have been irreversibly changed forever.

Those poor sweet children and teachers. I am so sorry we live in a world where this happens xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x