TX - Veterinarian under investigation for killing cat with arrow.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay did it. I was just e-mailed the petition to the Texas Veterinary board to suspend her license permanently and I signed it and posted it to my Facebook page!

Quote from above article:
The Austin County District Attorney’s office say they are still in the process of gathering information on the case, and will present the evidence when the investigation is over.

Maybe since people are SO riled up, they are taking a closer look. It does not sound like the investigation is complete yet. Sometimes due process takes time, but I am sure with all the public outcry, justice is coming. There is no way this can be swept under the rug.

The GJ did not hear the case yesterday. The sheriff claimed his investigation was over so why the hold up?

http://kwhi.com/austin-county-grand-jury-today-not-presented-with-lindsey-case/

Well, the Sheriff doesn't decide when things go to the grand jury. Everyone needs to just hang on. This isn't as simple as it appears. I haven't looked much at the Texas statutes on animal cruelty but I have some experience with them in some other states. And they can be full of exceptions. So the L.E. has to gather the facts. Then, when they have completed their investigation, the send it to the prosecuting attorney. That doesn't mean it goes right to the grand jury. Even though this is a high profile case with lots of public pressure, it will still go through a fairly normal process at the D.A.'s office. It gets assigned to an Assistant D.A. probably. Then that attorney looks it over and decides how to proceed. Cruelty laws have lots of exceptions, etc so they will have to think about whether the facts and evidence fit the VARIOUS statutes and anticipate what defenses will be available. Often they will need some more facts or some evidence double checks. So they often will request the LE to recheck something, or often DA's offices have their own investigators to run down those things. Then, if all is ready, the DA will usually sign off on it going to the G.J. Then it is placed on a calendar for the jury. That could take some time, as there are undoubtedly other cases already scheduled. DA's offices are very busy places. I am certainly a cat lover and I am sure this woman will be charged with something. But its not as simple as seeing a facebook photo and moving right to sentencing.

Quote from above article:

Maybe since people are SO riled up, they are taking a closer look. It does not sound like the investigation is complete yet. Sometimes due process takes time, but I am sure with all the public outcry, justice is coming. There is no way this can be swept under the rug.

I spoke up for the sheriff and trusted that they would do the right thing.

I am starting to wonder. The silence is scary. If this monster did this to a human I don't think both the sheriff and the d.a. would be this quiet.

It took me a few days to actually read the story and see the photo. I was right. It made me sick. I signed the petition to have her license revoked. IMO, this girl is a narcissist and I'd bet that the parents are too. What parent watches adult daughter practice with the bow and arrow, and stand by as she shoots a cat in the head? THEN the mother takes a pic and brags on her. Sounds like narcissism runs in the family.

It took me a few days to actually read the story and see the photo. I was right. It made me sick. I signed the petition to have her license revoked. IMO, this girl is a narcissist and I'd bet that the parents are too. What parent watches adult daughter practice with the bow and arrow, and stand by as she shoots a cat in the head? THEN the mother takes a pic and brags on her. Sounds like narcissism runs in the family.

Yes, the whole thing is just too atrocious. I almost can't believe it!

Upon looking at the awful photo again, I still feel there's a possibility that Tiger was shot while caught in a leg trap. Some folks think otherwise, but I'm not convinced that his right rear leg was intact in that photo.

So we have the awesome Kristen Lindsay, vet of the year and fearless killer of tame trapped kitties. She made mama & papa proud. :sick:

This is not intended as any general slur on the fine folks in Wyoming- and I am sure there are many. But, I understand that state has some of the worst records on animal protection and some of the most lax laws on it than most other states. There is a kind of 'throw away' culture there- perhaps due to the fact they garner lots of tourist dollars from hunters. This girl was raised there and her mom is an elected county official who apparently is very popular with voters. I suspect none of the publicity this has received has hurt that popularity one bit. I would bet this girl has run her little butt back home by now and would be fighting any extradition. Texans should say good riddance.

Upon looking at the awful photo again, I still feel there's a possibility that Tiger was shot while caught in a leg trap. Some folks think otherwise, but I'm not convinced that his right rear leg was intact in that photo.

Apparently a lot of people think the cat was trapped. In some of the larger versions of that photo it does look like the right rear leg is in fact bloody.

This is not intended as any general slur on the fine folks in Wyoming- and I am sure there are many. But, I understand that state has some of the worst records on animal protection and some of the most lax laws on it than most other states. There is a kind of 'throw away' culture there- perhaps due to the fact they garner lots of tourist dollars from hunters. This girl was raised there and her mom is an elected county official who apparently is very popular with voters. I suspect none of the publicity this has received has hurt that popularity one bit. I would bet this girl has run her little butt back home by now and would be fighting any extradition. Texans should say good riddance.
Exactly. And it is that "hunter's mentality" that I am sure permeates this family also, as obvious with the murder of Tiger. If one can get a sadistic pleasure in killing an animal, any animal, it often will not matter if that animal is someone's pet. Look at the way KL is holding the poor cat, Tiger, as if she is proud of her trophy, as a hunter would pose with their kill. Perhaps if she has returned to Wyoming she will go hunting larger prey and just maybe that larger prey will get to her before she fires an arrow into it's head.

Karma. I can only hope.

MOO

Exactly. And it is that "hunter's mentality" that I am sure permeates this family also, as obvious with the murder of Tiger. If one can get a sadistic pleasure in killing an animal, any animal, it often will not matter if that animal is someone's pet. Look at the way KL is holding the poor cat, Tiger, as if she is proud of her trophy, as a hunter would pose with their kill. Perhaps if she has returned to Wyoming she will go hunting larger prey and just maybe that larger prey will get to her before she fires an arrow into it's head.

Karma. I can only hope.

MOO

BBM
. That's exactly what I thought when I saw the photo. How she can have a hunter mentality and be a vet is beyond me...:notgood:

Apparently Kristen has an equine business registered in Wyoming. It's called Lazy Boot Equine, LLC.

http://www.examiner.com/article/kristen-lindsey-has-an-active-equine-business-license-wyoming

Apparently a lot of people think the cat was trapped. In some of the larger versions of that photo it does look like the right rear leg is in fact bloody.

Thanks. Of course it's hard to tell. The red coloring may be part of the shrubbery. But then again, that right leg just doesn't "flow" with the left one. It appears to be raised up at the hip, possibly due to trauma.

BBM
. That's exactly what I thought when I saw the photo. How she can have a hunter mentality and be a vet is beyond me...:notgood:

A lot of vets are hunters but they eat what they legally kill such as birds and deer. In fact if deer is not legally hunted every year they become overpopulated leading to diseases/sickness and starvation. If the herds aren't thinned out each year it will drive the animal out of their natural environment looking for food and water. That is why deer collisions with vehicles have greatly increased........some even causing death to the occupants of the vehicle.

I don't see that being any different (except it is far more humane) than millions of animals being unmercifully killed in slaughterhouses under extreme conditions and the method of killing many of the animals is beyond cruel.

No one seems to have a problem if slaughterhouses kills the animals they eat and most in the US are still meat eaters. In the slaughterhouses the animals are trapped when they are being prepared to be killed. They know something is coming. When a hunter kills an animal they never even know the hunter is there and with one bullet its over.

Many vets treat farm animals like cows, lambs, and of course they eat the same kind of meat just like millions of other people in the US. The US consumes billions of pounds of meat where the animals were inhumanely slaughtered. That doesn't seem to bother anyone when they pick up their meats at the grocery store. I have never understood that actually since the animals are far more abused in slaughterhouses before they die and they are humanely killed by legal hunters.

I don't think being a hunter means a vet is a bad person. Vets nor hunters hunt cats and dogs though and they certainly don't eat them.

For this vet to do something this inhumane shows she has a screw loose imo whether she was a vet, CEO or whatever. Only someone with a cold dead heart could do this to a defenseless domesticated pet. Even feral cats shouldn't be treated this way...God gave them a purpose for being... too.

So to me she does not represent 99.99% of vets who go the extra mile in the dead of night to save animals. I think her being a hunter is totally irrelevant. Hunters don't do what she did and shouldn't be lumped together with this vile woman.

JMO

BBM
As I posted previously, perhaps it was to study animal anatomy to perfect her skill in hunting and/or killing. Curious how many pets she treated while at that clinic who died or whose condition worsened while under her care. Just very sad to even think of.

MOO

There are different kinds of hunters, you have the Ted Nugent type, poachers, the disrespectful hunter who post pictures of "look what I just killed", and then you have those that are more respectful/reverent in their hunting. I couldn't be a hunter, but nevermind that. To suggest all hunters are alike or that all deer hunting is to thin the herd for good reasons is ill-informed. Many times deer are 'fed' (typically leaving filed of corn for them) which increases the herd for hunting. Otherwise in bad years, the does do not have the layer of fat necessary to bear young. It's natural birth control although I am not suggesting they should starve at all, just that we do not need to feed them and grow populations then complain they are overrunning thing so hunters can then kill more of them. Same with ducks, e.g., Duck Unlimited efforts.

There are different kinds of hunters, you have the Ted Nugent type, poachers, the disrespectful hunter who post pictures of "look what I just killed", and then you have those that are more respectful/reverent in their hunting. I couldn't be a hunter, but nevermind that. To suggest all hunters are alike or that all deer hunting is to thin the herd for good reasons is ill-informed. Many times deer are 'fed' (typically leaving filed of corn for them) which increases the herd for hunting. Otherwise in bad years, the does do not have the layer of fat necessary to bear young. It's natural birth control although I am not suggesting they should starve at all, just that we do not need to feed them and grow populations then complain they are overrunning thing so hunters can then kill more of them. Same with ducks, e.g., Duck Unlimited efforts.

Big game hunting is another area of controversy. These hunters may have valid reasons for doing what they do, but it's so perverted when they gleefully pose over the magnificent animals they kill. To me, these folks are primarily out to get their "killing jollies" and to showoff their trophy photos. The valid reasons merely provide a convenient "noble excuse" for their narcissistic behavior.

A lot of vets are hunters but they eat what they legally kill such as birds and deer. In fact if deer is not legally hunted every year they become overpopulated leading to diseases/sickness and starvation. If the herds aren't thinned out each year it will drive the animal out of their natural environment looking for food and water. That is why deer collisions with vehicles have greatly increased........some even causing death to the occupants of the vehicle.

I am surrounded by hunting land (I don't hunt). For the deer population, if hunting were outlawed then large predators would have to be re-introduced, and that opens up a whole other can of worms and problems and bloody deaths involving the predators and the prey.

I never asked, but I think my vet probably hunts, I know his partner does. I would guess 60% or more of the men in this area hunt. It is a big social thing, "killing" often plays a small part in it, it is a reason to get out into the woods, clear trails for weeks, spend every weekend with their hunting buddies (away from the wives and kids), etc...

From what I have seen there is a GREAT respect for wildlife among most hunters, at least the ones around here. They are also experts on the law, and are the first to condemn poachers or those that don't follow the letter of the law.

I am not a vegetarian; my six dogs and 2 snakes aren't either. We eat meat. The animals that live in the wild and have a full life are blessed far more than the animals raised in commercial farms.

I realize morally speaking if I want to eat meat I should raise it myself and make sure it has a good life, but I am weak and couldn't bring myself to raise/kill my own meat. Instead I choose to buy it in the grocery store and let others do the "dirty work" even if that means a lifetime of suffering for chicken/cow/pig that ends up on my plate.

I recognize the reality so I can't judge deer hunters all that harshly. If I were vegan then yeah, I could judge.

Thanks. Of course it's hard to tell. The red coloring may be part of the shrubbery. But then again, that right leg just doesn't "flow" with the left one. It appears to be raised up at the hip, possibly due to trauma.

The cat could still be alive in the photo. Which is why his legs aren't limp.

The cat could still be alive in the photo. Which is why his legs aren't limp.

Seems the cat WAS alive, according to various vets that have seen the photo.

Typing that just made me furious all over again. Might need to send another email to the DA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicolelynn92
Back