Identified! TX - Wichita Falls, Body found in reeds of pond off Maplewood St, 5 Jan 2020 - Jose Hernandez Lopez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok. I took a minute and did some research. The following people are currently missing from Wichita Falls (all of these people have threads on WS):
Fatimah Abdul-haq, Female, 16, missing since 19 March 2019
Jason Fowler, Male, 43, missing since 16 July 2018
Darren Sinclair, Male, 36, missing since 26 January 2018
Christopher McKay, Male, 36, missing since 30 June 2015
Gregory Keith Mann, Male, 20, missing since 12 May 1997
Jolee Baker, Female, 25, missing since 6 August 1995
Scott Andy Sims, Male, 11, missing since 9 December 1961

Also, the following people went missing near or with connections to Wichita Falls:
Richard Thurman Hitchcock, Male 33, Grandfield, OK, missing since 9 November 2019
James Seguine, Male, 16, from Austin but believed to be in Wichita Falls or Electra Texas, missing since 23 March 2017
Abraham Soto, Male, 74, from Oklahoma City, OK. Last seen at a traffic stop just outside Wichita Falls on 24 May 2011

This particular area has had a lot of construction in it recently with the Maplewood Road Extension Project and the construction of the shopping center/strip mall containing the town's only Academy Sports store and several others. I have a hard time beleiving that this body has been there for long.

It is kind of frustrating that no further information has been released. Don't know if it was a recent death or skeletal remains, male/female, adult/child, or any distinguishing clothing or anything. Hopefully, the police know the identity and are just working to notify family.

Or they need to send the body to a medical examiner in a larger community. It hasn't even been 24 hours; if the body was decomposed/skeletal it might take a week or two for anything to come out.

Looking at that link with the map....on the ariel view....as close as I can zoom in....it sure looks like the shape of a body down there by the overflow opening. JMO
OMG!!! That does look like a body.

Google Earth view(how do you post a link for GE), it appears to be a running/walking path that surrounds Tesco Park. I wasn't sure if it was to scale, but viewing with GE, the previous link posted makes more sense.
In the posted link, the reeds area is more over grown. Nothing appears in the water in that area that looks like concrete or wood debris. I don't know. Just my observations JMO

That really does!!! wonder when the image was taken that could give a good timeline!!!! looks almost like it was covered

That really does!!! wonder when the image was taken that could give a good timeline!!!! looks almost like it was covered

Being that the LE have not released any details ...I expect, due to the heat in TX (ambient temps), the body is in process of decomp. The possible view may reflect insect activity, or body fluids in the surrounding water. OR.....it may not even be a body at all. Just a good optical illusion.
MOO

I can't get the view to that one area. Not overhead or the parking lot. But the area is the back lot of a strip mall. The front view of the strip mall, looks to be currently taken care of and not run down.
its right at the corner of the spa , it looks more like a body does than the one in the reeds!

I’m a big fan of Google Earth. Ever since the West Mesa Murders, I can’t help but check satellite imagery in some cases. It has been known to capture things of relevance. It’s also been known to cause one’s eye to see what the mind wants it to see. I’m not sure in this case...it is a bit eerie IMO.

I’m a big fan of Google Earth. Ever since the West Mesa Murders, I can’t help but check satellite imagery in some cases. It has been known to capture things of relevance. It’s also been known to cause one’s eye to see what the mind wants it to see. I’m not sure in this case...it is a bit eerie IMO.

It is definitely undetermined.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beermuda