Identified! TX - Williamson Co., 'Orange Socks' WhtFem 33UFTX, 15-30, off I-35, Oct'79 - Debra Jackson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was Lisa Lambert ever ruled out? findthemissing.org/cases/1865

I don't see her listed on the rule outs, but she may be an automatic one if both are in CODIS.
She is listed as bi-racial in the physical description and I don't see where OS was, but it couldn't hurt to submit her and find out if they've ever been compared.

I don't see her listed on the rule outs, but she may be an automatic one if both are in CODIS.
She is listed as bi-racial in the physical description and I don't see where OS was, but it couldn't hurt to submit her and find out if they've ever been compared.

When I submitted her to the Doe Network, they said that she had already been submitted. I don't know where else to submit her.

I always go through the contacts at NamUs and send an email to their case manager. Their email addresses are listed. I think Michael Nance handles Orange Socks.

I always go through the contacts at NamUs and send an email to their case manager. Their email addresses are listed. I think Michael Nance handles Orange Socks.

Michael Nance, Dustin Driscoll, and Carrie Sutherland have never answered me when I've emailed them, so I usually don't try.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/59dftx.html

I am curious to know if this is a possible match. Ages align as does the nose. I am going to do some more digging to see if there an IDable features that can further confirm. The length of time after this girls disappearance could account for the condition of the victim.

There was a Unidentified Jane Doe they called her JD83 Amarillo Texas in October 8th 1983.She is the very first Unidentified Jane Doe I ever heard and knew of and the first Jane Doe I ever checked with a possible match with my sister.The Jane Doe was very special to me.The Jane Doe was Identified as Bambi Lynn Dick a few years ago.I have become very familiar with this Jane Doe Orange socks also.Through my investigation of looking into JD 83 Amarillo Texas.I saw similarities in JD 83 Amarillo Texas and Orange socks 1979.The had very similar descriptions and were found dead similar.Both found in a culvert and both in October.Both Died by strangulation

There was a early lead with JD 83 Amarillo Texas(Bambi Lynn Dick)that I feel may have happened to her.There was an early lead saying someone caught a ride with truckers from Colorado.This may I feel have happened with Orange socks too.Even though it says Henry Lee Lucas was convicted of killing Orange socks.

Here is the descriptions of the two Jane Does found in Texas.

Orange Socks

Unidentified Female

Date of Discovery: October 31, 1979
Location of Discovery: Georgetown, Williamson County, Texas
Estimated Date of Death: Hours prior
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Homicide by strangulation
Physical Description

** Listed information is approximate
Estimated Age: 15-30 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'8" to 5'10"
Weight: 140-160 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown with reddish tint and 10" in length.
Eye Color: Hazel

JD 83 Amarillo Texas (Identified later as Bambi Lynn Dick)

Unidentified White Female

Located on October 8, 1983 in Amarillo, Potter County, Texas.
Cause of death was homicide. The victim died as a result of asphyxiation by strangulation.
Estimated Date of Death: 24 - 30 hours prior to discovery

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 16 - 30 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6" - 5'8"; 100 - 125 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: She had reddish/brown hair and blue or hazel eyes. She wore blue-tinted contact lenses. The victim had a small birthmark or blemish on her left forearm and an extra nipple under right breast. Both of her ears were pierced twice.
Clothing: She was discovered wearing Britannica blue jeans, size 5; a white bra; pink panties with Thursday stitched in red; and white cotton socks. Her blouse and shoes were missing and not located with her body.
Jewelry: She was wearing three rings on her fingers: a gold diamond friendship ring; a man's gold wedding band with tape on back; and a gold ring with a garnet stone and a diamond chip on the side.
Dentals: Available

Case History
The victim was discovered in a culvert 17 miles north of Amarillo, Texas in Potter County on US 287.

Both of these cases along with the Walker County Jane Doe Case strike me as very similar.

There was a girl named Debra Moore who went missing in March 1976 at age 21. All I know about her is that she was on her way to work at the Crestview Nursing Home in Austin and that she suffered from depression. She did have a car and it was found in Austin after her disappearance so the idea of her hitchhiking is iffy. She was briefly mentioned in an article about missing persons.

http://www.officialcoldcaseinvestig...Jennifer-Joyce-Barton-missing-since-5-16-1976

She is not on any mp sites and according to the article, police do not have a photo.

Austin is very close to Georgetown. Maybe there is more info about her that I'm not finding.

Reactions: Arz
I got excited about this new case, D. Daneault But she went missing June 1980 ARRGH...
White, 25 years old, 65 in, 135 lbs, brown hair, and eyes.
attachment.php

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/37085/8/

Maybe it's the angle/lighting of the photograph, but she appears to have a distinct nose.

There are half a dozen missing women from NH in the time frame Evans was there, in an area with not all that many total missing persons cases. Could be coincidence.

They both have DNA in NamUs so I'd think the system already ruled her out, but she should be submitted just to be 100% sure if it's a match or not.

I just came to this thread to see if anyone had already thought about Margie Snead as a possibility; looks like LucyOso had the same thought in July... Lucy, did you ever submit Margie as a possible match to Orange Socks?

No, I have not. I was waiting on CarlK's thoughts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
P.I_Ms.Wilson
Back